Soccer Shots "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Soccer Shots Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated Nov 7, 2019

4.3
Soccer Shots CEO Jeremy Sorzano (no image)
Jeremy Sorzano
Pros
  • "Caring management, great pay, flexible(in 12 reviews)

• "Fun to work with kids and it's very laid back in terms of scheduling(in 9 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Loved my management"

Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at Soccer Shots part-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring management, great pay, flexible

Cons

not a full time job for general coaching, but this is noted and can be reached working with them for a while.

Soccer Shots2019-11-07
  2. "LOVED SOCCER SHOTS"

Current Employee - Coach

I have been working at Soccer Shots part-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely loved working for Soccer Shots. It was such a blast making an impact on the children we coached

Cons

No full time salary for coaches.

Soccer Shots2019-10-11
  3. "Director of Coaching"

Current Employee - Director of Coaching

I have been working at Soccer Shots full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of Soccer Shots, is simply the kids. The chance to positively impact the lives of children is tremendously rewarding. I have been in the youth system for some time and I do believe the direction Soccer Shots developmentally takes is best for children 2-6, possibly 7.

Cons

The salary does not justify the work load. Mostly 10 -12 hour work days with 10 plus sessions per week. With the amount of work to properly operate, most full time staff usually work some hours on the weekend.

Soccer Shots2018-03-01
  4. "Ups and downs but mostly positive"

Former Employee - Soccer Coach

I worked at Soccer Shots full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some great friends there. The main mission of the company is great and I really believed in the goal and mission statement

Cons

Did not see a lot of owner until it was time for trainings. At times it felt unorganized and at time lack of communication with other coaches to the office. Many people worked the job as if it was full time and only got part time work. Some people treated it as part time work and sometimes let other coaches down. Always talked about being able to grow in the company but never really saw any.

Advice to Management

Make the work feel like a full time job to want people to stay.

Soccer Shots2017-10-30
  5. "Coach"

Coach in Portland, OR

I worked at Soccer Shots

Pros

As a franchise, Soccer Shots is an excellent organization. Helping children find something they are good at when they are young is a very rewarding feeling. This success does not necessarily have to be achieved through just soccer. Encouraging children to learn how to behave socially and function as part of a group and team is a central focus to the Soccer Shots curriculum. The children enjoy the program.

Cons

Soccer Shots is composed of various small branches. Therefore, how much you enjoy the job really depends on the team you work with. The members of the team were good people. My manager happened to be extremely anal and egotistical, always looking for something to micromanage and criticize you for. The pay is not terrible, but is by no means enough to support yourself on as a career or full-time job. This is an... excellent opportunity, however, for people who are looking for part time work or work in addition to another job with flexible sporadic hours.

Advice to Management

Invest more into training your coaches. They are the core of the company and deserve the time and respect to accelerate through the learning curve. Aside from that, you do have a good company with a respectable business model.

Soccer Shots2016-02-17