Social Interest Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Phillips

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Endless Opportunities!"

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time

Pros

All ideas are taken into consideration, even if they don't fit within the current state of a project.

Cons

The endless resources and understanding of career growth!

Advice to Management

Keep it up, good work!

Mar 21, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

Thank you for sharing your perspectives, and we are happy that SIS can help you continue to grow in your career! We will be sure to share your feedback with leadership.

2. "Well Intentioned Company with Horrible Leadership"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Social Interest Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work at SIS are hard working and want to make a difference.

Cons

The management is completely incompetent. A year into a reorganization they officially declared that they have four #1 priority projects. They talk a grand strategy and lofty ideals, but their actions contradict the "really really clear" message.

This inability to establish tactical priorities has ramifications all the way down. Every project is under-resourced and every resource is overworked. It is not uncommon for some employees to work through the night, and management sends demands for work while employees are tucking their kids into bed.

I tried to identify opportunities for improvement and was told on three separate occasions that I could present my work to leadership. And on every instance I was delayed and then blocked before I could present. Leadership pretends they are open and receptive, but really they are closed down and territorial.

Lastly, the recent 5 star reviews are plants if I ever saw them.

Advice to Management

Quit talking honeyed words, and actually show some action. Don't say there won't be layoffs and then have a huge round of them unannounced. When everything is a priority and every person is a client nothing gets done.

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Words cannot explain how much I enjoy working for such an amazing company. (no really) I was a little hesitant to join this organization because of the influence of past reviews. Thankfully, I trusted my gut instinct and made the decision to accept a position here. With the new CEO, leadership, and trajectory, there is no stopping this non-profit. For the first time in my career, I feel as if I am make a direct impact to the community and doing my part to change lives.

Cons

I am too close to a tasty cupcake shop.

Feb 25, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and we appreciate your contributions to SIS!

"SQL Developer"

Current Employee - SQL Developer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - SQL Developer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SIS is beginning to turn the corner. While the pay and benefits are competitive what’s more exciting is that they’re getting back to focus on using technology for good.

Cons

There’s a lot of moving around people right now which is causing some people to fear what’s next. The processes still are set which makes your work unpredictable.

Advice to Management

The new CEO is doing well so far of getting us back on track and ready to be a stronger organization

Feb 1, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

We are also excited about the renewed focus on our mission. Thank you for your contributions to SIS!

"Pathetic leadership old and new."

Pros

If you like to work in a sweat shop with no regards to professional or personal life, then great place to work !

Cons

Could write a book why not to join this organisation. Complete disservice to customers. No regards to process, ad hoc patches that break 10 other things and the cycle goes downhill from there. HR is a joke. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Very simple. Quit !! Seriously consider and do everyone a huge favor. Advice is given to people who listen and understand.

Feb 27, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

Thank you for your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We are refining processes for customers and employees to provide the best, innovative solutions and we... More

"Worst organization ever..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay me. Some people are friendly and nice. Easy going environment, no hard rules.

Cons

Filled with Cons. Team leads hire incompetent people based on their contact who knows nothing and do nothing. They easily promote incompetent people if they get pleased (nothing to do with your work). Too noisy work environment. Always running and shouting around to fix things that wouldn't have been broken in the first place if they would maintain a sane process. Insane weird requirements are always coming and going. Top management is the worst I have ever seen. They are always talking about strengthening the pillars of the organization, but don't see them decaying away.

Advice to Management

Control your process and streamline it. Right now its crazy. Asking employers to do thing immediately without any process and always running ad-hoc orders doesn't make the organization efficient. You will only loose your reputation to the client and market.

Feb 1, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

Leadership is taking action to ensure that we strengthen and clarify processes for all employees. Regarding the noise issues that you mention, we’d like to know how we can assist you and help improve... More

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Christmas to New Years paid time off
    -This is a company with purpose and working here really makes a difference in someone’s life.

Cons

Still need to refine processes, and move away from keeping track of everything on an excel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! This past year and the changes that the new CEO has brought on has been great.

Jan 22, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

Thank you for your feedback! Your contributions help SIS better the lives of people who use our solutions. We will share these comments with leadership to help streamline processes. Best, Jessica

"Disorganized."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Social Interest Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. But don't think of staying too long in this company. Not beneficial for your career. If you are just moving around, it's tolerable.

Cons

This company is a total chaos. Business team is the one of the worst I have ever seen in my career. No clue on what's going on. Always trying to fix things with random fixes rather than thinking about sustainable solutions. Management can unnecessarily put pressures on the employees. Most unhelpful and unreachable IT department, not sure how they get away with it. No coding standards.

Advice to Management

Bring competent people. Opt for long term solutions. Treat all employess equally.

Jan 4, 2018 – Digital Communications Strategist

Feedback like yours is valuable and thank you for sharing your insights as an employee at Social Interest Solutions. Our goal is to provide all employees with a positive work experience and the... More

"Really bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Social Interest Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you interested and hardworking, you can learn a lot.

Cons

Company hire peoples who doesn’t k ow what needs to happen and zero quality leadership. Then they play politics to survive and plan how they can fire old hardworking peoples.

Advice to Management

All from HR to Business to Dev - run politics to survive. Please run company for a cause. Best of wishes. Please admire real hardworking peoples not which is getting nominated by politics. I hope new CEO helps.

Jan 18, 2018 – Executive Director, Communications

We appreciate your feedback, and our new CEO is taking action to make sure our culture aligns with the vision and mission of the company. If you would like to contact us, please feel free to email me... More

"Help Desk Lead"

I worked at Social Interest Solutions full-time

Pros

The employees are nice and hardworking.

Cons

The management has no clue what is going on and changes constantly.