Social Point Reviews | Glassdoor

Social Point Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2019

Found 70 reviews

4.0
Social Point CEO Horacio Martos and Andrés Bou  (no image)
Horacio Martos and Andrés Bou
Pros
  • "muy cercano al mercado en el que opera la empresa, con especial atenci(in 13 reviews)

• "n en Barcelona, buenas oficinas(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 11 reviews)

• "En la empresa nadie parece sentir mucha pasi(in 10 reviews)

1. "No review to make"

Current Employee - Strategy and Operation Analyst in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best recruiting process I have ever have, very human. The office location is perfect.

Cons

No cons on my side

Social Point2019-09-16
  2. "A good place"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A place where you can learn and growth. Talented people, great environment and culture.

Cons

A lot of changes, a company only for flexible and humble people.

Advice to Management

Communicate more often. More internal promotions. Be more innovative.

Social Point2019-09-02

"A school to learn - don’t ever talk back"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great office conditions in an excellent location, - You can make some good friends - If this is your first chance to work in a games company, go for it! It’s a great school to learn the basics on how to copy games with mechanics from 2012. You’ll learn how monetisation is not a great thing to start with when creating a game. You’ll understand the reasoning behind day1, day 30 and day 90 retention is... affected by hierarchy. You like to be told what to do and not innovate? Awesome! You will have a great time!

Cons

1)Top down management without any acknowledgment for the fantastic people they have around who can help grow their potential. 2)People being given authority that have no idea on how to do the job. 3)People are scared to speak out in fear of losing the jobs. 4)Writing the culture on a slide does not mean that it is the culture. 5)Expecting a raise? Forget it! Top management will get the benefits 6) Hire outside... instead of from within 7) Top decide but it will be your fault! 8) if they don’t like you, they’ll throw you out without warning. I left because not being able to grow as well as all of the above. Consider wisely.

Advice to Management

Just read the review

Social Point2019-08-31

"A nice company in a a nice city"

Current Employee - Tools Programmer in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work conditions are really nice, we have nice benefits, like Gym, Lunch(4 days a week), Hairdresser, Physiotherapist, English/Spanish lessons. But the best thing is working along with really passionate people, full of energy and enthusiasm.

Cons

- The lack of confidence of some managers on their colleagues and employees, they overlook every step and decision making the company to go slower and some people to get frustrated.

Social Point2019-08-13
  5. "Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Social Point full-time

Pros

Honestly, the best team and vibe I have ever met. Great recruitment process and lots and lots of benefits. Happy to be part of this team!

Cons

I couldn't find any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work:)

Social Point2019-07-22

"Pleasant company to work for, not perfect."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the best work environments I've ever had in more than 10 years of professional experience. (atmosphere, offices etc) Colleagues are humble and smart and many are now friends. It's an international bunch so easy to fit in too. More than decent salary + benefits (family also benefits of private medical insurance, pet's vet expenses covered, newcomers activities to get to know the city..)

Cons

Contradictions between the message management passes down and the general direction the business is taking. No remote work.

Social Point2019-01-17

"If you only care about money and nothing else, this is it"

Current Employee - Product Management in Barcelona

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Good salary for the country • OK benefits (the list is getting shorter as time passes) • Nice offices

Cons

• No original game ideas as of late, everyone runs around trying to 'remix' but they end up copying other games entirely and making them more complicated. The company is living off of 2 legacy games right now but those players are running away fast. • Faulty 'creative' processes. New products are started exclusively by business people, no design/creative people involved for the first 2-3 months. When creative... people are brought on board, they're just told what to execute and by when. Same on old products, creatives -engineers, artists or designers- have no say, people coming from -mostly- banking out-rank them and 'out-decision' them 10/10 times • No accountability. Top management has no accountability with anything they make, failure is always someone else's fault • The 3-year vesting plague. When T2 acquired the company top management was promised a bonus to be payed 3 years later if the company reaches some financial targets; all activities in the company revolve around those targets, making the so-called-vision of the company "Make Money" • Talent. The company has gathered a reputation by now and top talent is leaving and not joining; the money is gonna run out at some point and then there will be zero arguments to join • Leadership. C-levels and VPs are a like an organized crime group, they stick together to a fault in covering each others' tracks when someone messes up in order for T2 to not notice the ship is sinking before the 3 yrs are up. The only stand-up guy in this group appears to be the CTO

Advice to Management

No advice for current management, just wait for your pay day to come come end of 2019 and cash out, I guess that's everyone's plan anyway. For T2: just make sure you have something left to run at the beginning of 2020. At this pace, irreparable damage will be done by then. Good luck, and God speed.

Social Point2018-12-06

"Great people/teams make a great company + amazing Barcelona"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Social Point full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The teams and people I work with every day are amazing (technically and socially), international and among the best I've ever met; real team spirit, sharing knowledge and learning at the same time. -The work environment/offices are great too - we get loads of benefits: big plus (private gym, free meals and lots more) -Good work/life balance Barcelona. Well just the city's name does it all.

Cons

We have some imposed holidays when the company closes for everyone - in the summer and for Christmas/Winter holidays - maybe they could improve that. Already have cool parties a couple of times per year but maybe they could organize smaller events for people in different teams to interact more.

Advice to Management

Definitely a good job with the transparency but maybe improve feedback collecting processes, bottom-up communication in some teams. Also maybe focus more on quality than quantity for some processes.

Social Point2018-01-30

Social Point Response

January 30, 2018Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate your positive comments and will take on board the constructive feedback on communication.

"Not Much Fun"

I worked at Social Point full-time

Pros

Colleagues, some nice perks as others has said, amazing city!!

Cons

Long hours. Some clueless bosses.

Social Point2017-07-16

"Great company, great teams."

I worked at Social Point full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great location, amazing studio, good salaries, excellent working fellows.

Cons

I heard about people that was offered to start new projects and finally havn't happened.

Advice to Management

Just try to avoid hiring people with the excitement of joining new projects that finally get cancelled, as this may drive new workers to deception.

Social Point2017-05-16