KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Social SEO Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2022

Found 106 of over 107 reviews

4.0
Social SEO CEO Greg Walthour (no image)
Greg Walthour

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Certain managers are known bullies, but don’t even get a slap on the wrist for consistent issues.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Management is horrible, pay is horrible(in 4 reviews)
  • "Manager even stated how I didn't rack up a bunch off time off.(in 4 reviews)
  • "5. Absolutely everyone is expendable to the owners.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Currently, there is no 401K with the benefits, however, I think that is just around the corner.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

What a GREAT place to work!!

Apr 26, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fortunate to work for wonderful people from the Owners, to Management, to colleagues - what a great place to work. I am grateful!

Cons

Cannot think of one con! I truly appreciate the culture and all that the owners do to make sure we have the tools we need to do our job.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not what it use to be

Jul 20, 2022 - Digital Marketing in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are SOME levels of executive management that truly care about the dev team, however they are being pushed away from the dev team.

Cons

It's hard to imagine that EMT cares, when the CEO and president no longer show up. It's really rare to ever see them on the dev floor when previously they were there almost every day. This company is no longer "people first," it's "profit first." Pay is a joke, and when one person went to bat for the entire company and showed them that we were being underpaid. After this meeting she was told by EMT that she has "riot mentality" and she gave up and quit. Don't bother with trying to get any promotions. The minimal increase you get will also count as your cost of living increase too, if you're lucky to get a raise at all. Also, don't work in the creative department if you like raises or bonuses. They get neither and get a shoulder shrug when they ask for it. Can you keep 40+ clients straight at one time? Give them a bonus and pay increase! They like promoting an "open door policy" but only if you're apart of the EMT inner circle. You can't do wrong when you're there. If you cuss out and yell at your coworkers, nothing will happen to you. But if you're on the outer circle and report any of these people - you're the problem. Your direct manager will not only shove a huge chunk of their work on you, but also undermine you to your coworkers. Pray to God that something traumatic doesn't happen while you work here. If you have a parent die unexpectedly you'll be told to "just get over it." Their high ranking on here is from bugging new hires to leave a 5 star review which is why so many sounds like they just started. Don't trust them.

7 people found this review helpful

Social SEO Response

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the company. We value all input and will continue to use it to improve the company. We highly promote and believe in an open door policy and hearing the feedback of all employees openly and honestly. We apologize you do not feel that’s the case currently. We welcome you to visit with anyone on the executive management team you are comfortable with to start a conversation on what is bothering you. We would love to work through it with you.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee

Avoid at all costs

Jun 28, 2022 - Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There isn’t a pro to working here

Cons

- Extremely low pay (you could make more working at any grocery store, retail, Starbucks) - Time off is hard to get approved - Micromanagement - Too many clients and a ridiculous workload - Bad benefits - Working in the office for the first 6 months before you’re allowed work from home - They don’t care about your well being

6 people found this review helpful

Social SEO Response

HR Manager

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate all opinions and thoughts and will use your review to continue to better the employment experience at SocialSEO. We care very much about our employees and their well-being and we are regretful you did not feel you experienced that.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Mar 21, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company culture, people, leadership Great Pay and Benefits Excellent Work-Life Balance Flexible work from home schedules Recognition and Appreciation Opportunity for Career Growth Outstanding Reputation Support and Training and Learning/Development Fun activities planned on a monthly basis, great holiday parties! Beautiful office environment

Cons

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about working at SocialSEO.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

4 Month Review After Working for SocialSEO

Mar 21, 2022 - Accounting Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience Career Advancement Fair Pay Unlimited PTO

Cons

Work Load Opportunity to work remotely

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Overall Experience

Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and people you work with, Recognition for the work you do, Work/Home balance

Cons

Occasionally, the Fast-Paced environment can be overwhelming

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Solid Place to Begin Your Career

Apr 5, 2021 - SEO in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on where you are starting out, SocialSEO has a robust training program that feels intense, but for a good reason - to help you become a successful account manager, even if you barely know anything about SEO. I felt that my work during the training period was not busy work either, and I felt valued from the start for my contributions. The transition from trainee to Account Manager felt quite natural, and management has been great with ensuring that my learning continues and that I continually receive constructive feedback to improve my communication skills with my clients. The work culture, even remote, is enjoyable. There are still plenty of events that we can participate in if we would like to stay connected with one another, such as bingo, guided meditations, and professional development sessions on relevant topics in the digital marketing industry. I feel comfortable working from home and being able to stay connected to my colleagues. The company also prefers to promote internally, and paths for growth are spelled out for you in regards to skills and personal development plans to get you there. SocialSEO is a company that is positively growing over time, and I feel as if my role is stable here.

Cons

Not a con for me in particular, but I feel like reiterating this: agency life is not for everyone, and there definitely is stress that comes with balancing x amount of clients with a variety of needs in their campaigns. Management is aware and tries their best to have a variety of ways to reduce our stressors.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Working at SocialSEO

Jan 27, 2022 - SEO Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at SocialSEO is an amazing opportunity to grow your digital marketing skills. While working with such negligible co-workers, they are always willing to help and provide insight into how to improve your own personal skills. The environment here is amazing! From group activities to individual work you can feel the values that SocialSEO believes in.

Cons

May run into some hectic workdays, but the team around you is always willing to help!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good at first

Mar 23, 2022 - Digital Media Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun activities, Fun co-workers, Remote friendly

Cons

It was good at first but has gone down hill dramatically. The managers talk badly about former employees that expressed concerts and ending up quitting because concerns were not addressed. You bring up too many concerns and they label you a flight risk and “secretly” monitor your every move - conversations with team members, emails and calls. Once you are labeled a flight risk they shun you and make your life hell. They preach work/life balance but expect you to carry high loads and high amounts of clients. They keep promising relief by hiring more people but then ramp up the new folks to quickly and the new people end up quitting-which in the long run adds more pressure to the current teams. Then they wonder why we don’t take days off because we have so much to do and so little time to finish everything. They promise monthly bonuses for high client loads but then make it harder to get those bonuses because we lose one client and our attrition “disqualifies” us. Many employees have expressed concerns and frustrations to management but then management turns around and says “I never knew you felt like this”… they preach their values but don’t follow them. Pay is relatively low for the amount of work we do and the industry we are in. If you ask for a raise they will take that as an opportunity to give you more work as they are now compensating you more. They take the inch and then take a mile. I’m really sad to see how bad things have gotten because I loved the company and love the people. I have expressed concerns multiple times and nothing has changed. This has been going on long enough that I have lost most (if not all) respect and trust in management.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Profits Over People - Trust the Negative Reviews

Mar 9, 2022 - Digital Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be a handful of great mentors at SocialSEO who had experience working at other companies, but they've all left within the past year. At the dev level (the account managers doing the work) there are some wonderful people left, but your friendship will likely be based upon and grown from the trauma you endure working for SocialSEO. They work hard to get rid of any negative reviews and the positive reviews on Glassdoor are left by new hires within their first 90 - 120 days who are asked to leave them and are too scared not to do it for fear of retaliation. There are also fake positive reviews here too.

Cons

SocialSEO is a sinking ship. Over the past year, this company has truly fallen apart and has become one of the most toxic places to work. The executive management team (EMT) only cares about their egos and their bottom line. Profits over people, 1,000 times over, but at this point, the turnover is so incredibly high that it IS impacting the bottom line yet EMT refuses to wake up. In under a year, 80% of the people on my direct team left the company. Logically (and financially) it no longer makes sense for EMT to continue doubling down on their practices, but here we are. If you're lucky to receive any training at all before you're bombarded with new clients, it will be outdated. Everything you do will be monitored (Teams chats, email response time, meetings). You will be gaslit constantly and everything will be your fault. You will have more work than you can possibly handle, but told it's your "time management" that's the issue. Most of your clients will be needy and hardly able to afford SocialSEO's services, but when they quit, it will be your fault. You won't have time to do any quality work for the few clients that treat you respectfully. You will be required to offshore work to a team in the Philippines and lose out on bonuses/promotions if you don't comply - (SocialSEO is also not transparent about these offshoring practices with their clients and they treat their Phillippines employees terribly). You will be extremely overworked and taken advantage of and then reprimanded for daring to show emotion at work or trying to stand up for yourself. Your mental health will suffer at the hands of middle-management and executive team bullies. In exchange for all this, you will get an uncompetitive salary that you could've found working at a local gas station. It's important to note that middle-management and EMT are completely made up of individuals who have NO outside experience beyond SocialSEO. Not only is this bad for your career in a networking sense, but it also means that there is a high degree of nepotism that will impact every aspect of your day-to-day role. Finally, it's also worth mentioning that this company is not a safe space for BIPOC or anyone who does not identify as a Christian Conservative. I could go on and on, but here's the main takeaway: Take ANY other job. I beg of you.

14 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 106 Reviews

Social SEO Reviews FAQs

Social SEO has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 107 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Social SEO to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Social SEO employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Social SEO. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

77% of Social SEO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Social SEO 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Social SEO to be senior leadership, culture, career development and the cons to be compensation, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Social SEO Job Seekers