Social SEO Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Greg Walthour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Loved my first year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. Nice people. Solid growth. Good Leaders. Friday beer cart!

Cons

Nothing so far - loved my first year here.

2. "SocialSEO Review"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! They invest in you as an employee and they take the time to train you and equip you to work with the clients. The entire company is encouraging and full of fun-loving people who all share a passion for helping the customer!

Cons

There are no bad things to say! It is a joy to come to work!

Advice to Management

They care about you as an individual and an employee!

3. "PPC Specialist"

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Atmosphere, Management, Co-workers, Autonomy, Working Hours, Best place I have ever worked

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Great job from the top down. Keep it up.

4. "Positive Workplace Culture with Big Growth Opportunties"

I have been working at Social SEO full-time

Pros

SocialSEO has one of the best workplace cultures that I have experienced in my career. Everyone in the office is incredibly talented and hard working. A heavily collaborative environment also makes work lighter and provides a family feel that you usually don't get in an agency setting. I would highly recommend applying here if you want to work hard and have fun doing it. Plenty of awesome perks to brag about as well, including: beer cart Friday, post-work Rockband, company parties and potlucks, and flex time. One of the best improvements in the last month has been the pay-for-performance bonus structure. This program will give you the opportunity to earn as much as $1000 on top of your base salary and rewards those who work hard to deliver extreme customer service.

Cons

A growing company environment isn't for everyone. If you want to work hard and have fun doing it, you'll have no issues at SocialSEO.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! One of the best qualities of management at this company is their desire and willingness to accept and act on employee feedback. Since I started working here, we've made big strides and been rewarded generously for our efforts in growing our company by more than 50%.

5. "Digital Marketing Consultant (Sales)"

Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Social SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company!!! Awesome Sales Department!!! The best of the best in fulfillment!! Incredible Management Team! Getting Bigger and Better Everyday! Highly recommended employment!

Cons

I do not have any negative things to say about SocialSEO!!! Google them, highly rated!!

Advice to Management

Keep adding to that Incredible Fulfillment Team!!!

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Social SEO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a great company that I believes strive to do a good job for their Clients. However, like all companies things fall through the cracks as I feel they do tend to over load their employees.
    Their training is a little chaotic and not so organized but they try. I learned a lot about digital marketing and seo from them and appreciate everything they taught me. Also love how they reach out to their Clients and Community to offer free trainings as well.
    I would definitely recommend working for these guys as for the most part it's a family atmosphere there.

Cons

I feel that there is a elite group of people that work there and if it in their "click" it can be a bit hard to feel apart of it.
    I was actually let go because I some how was considered "unreliable". Though I did not have excessive absences. Actually two weeks prior to being let go I was told how great I was doing. Manager even stated how I didn't rack up a bunch off time off. Though when I n Ed to take a day off for my son (after a long day of traveling), offerin to work from home and engage my Clients. I got a bit of a nasty email from a higher up. Never received any warnings or infractions, nothing. However the next day I showed up for work ready to go but felt tension in the air.
    Now I don't think this is any reason not to work for these guys, though stay caustious.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding about employees with kids. Some times (especially in your industry) if they need to take a day off and haven't racked up a bunch of time off, let them.

7. "Absolutely...BRILLIANT"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never a dull moment – always doing something different, between creating strategy, implementing strategy and customer relations.
    Being able to see the results of what YOU created, strategized and implemented and how that impacts a client’s business
    Growing businesses and hearing success stories – whether they’ve had to hire more employees to help sustain the growth SocialSEO has helped them to acquire or helping them achieve sales goals never before accomplished in company history.
    Culture – Positive, team oriented, successful, hard working (hard playing), a group of winners, continued knowledge growth, accelerated, sustainable career growth, fast paced, family feel.
    Amazing opportunity to work in an incredibly fast growing industry, learning and testing the newest trends, while also creating industry leading techniques.
    Greg & Darcie (owners and AMAZING people) really work to instill a positive, fun culture everyday, from creating team building activities like Top Golf trips, Spa days, corn hole and beer on a Friday afternoon, Super Bowl Potlucks and every thing in between.
    The opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself and creating an incredible work place, at the top of the industry with a group of miraculous people that strive for excellence and greatness everyday.
    Amazing Benefits – If you need some time off (although, I rarely look for time off because of how much I love my job), want to extend a three-day weekend, they are extremely flexible in working with you, whether you have kids or get sick. Dev bonus structure that allows you to grow your income even further, with a great commission structure.
    Disclaimer: This is NOT a job for the mediocre, looking for a punch-in, punch-out, 8-5 type of job, and that is what makes this such an amazing, competitive environment.

Cons

While I (and many coworkers) absolutely love the fast paced, ever changing environment, this could be a con for some.

Advice to Management

Keep down the path you are all creating and leading us down! Incredibly thankful to have such an amazing group of leaders that encourage us to grow with them! Stay phenomenal!

8. "Challenging, Fulfilling & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Vice President in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's never a dull moment. You're exposed to every type of business under the sun, from dog walkers to fortune 500 companies. Regardless of the client, you can watch your work actually change the trajectory of business in a positive manner. There are fewer things more rewarding than being able to tell someone that your teams efforts have made them an additional $1,000,000 in revenue over the previous year, and being able to track it back directly to your own work. Additionally, it's just a flat out fun place to work, Wednesday night golf, Friday afternoon rock band, co-hosted events with Google and company functions that far surpass anything I've ever seen.

Cons

This is not a career for everyone. Day to day work requires a mix of client relationship fostering, technical problem solving, research and conflict resolution, all of which can turn on a dime. Most definitely not a "show up and punch a clock" type of job.

Advice to Management

Keep on the same path. Putting people, service and organizational health at the forefront of everything is what got us this far, and will continue to get us to the next tiers of growth.

"Work With Us If You Dare To Love What You Do!"

I have been working at Social SEO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We have fun every day.
    There is always coffee, and sometimes donuts.
    Everyone is light-hearted and easy to work with.
    Amazing Team Environment
    These people work and live with passion, and it shows.

Cons

You need to be a fast-paced worker who can multi-task (not a con for all, but for some...)

Advice to Management

Keep rocking like you rock.

"Love my job, best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

The whole team is great, everyone gets along and is energetic and really makes this a great work environment,
    we are growing and there is endless opportunities, they really want you to succeed here
    Culture is awesome, we work hard and play hard.
    Owners really care about you,
    offers great work and life balance!

Cons

There are none! I love it here!