KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Social SEO Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2021

Found 92 of over 93 reviews

4.3
Social SEO CEO Greg Walthour (no image)
Greg Walthour
Pros
  • "Dynamic, fun work environment with a great company culture(in 10 reviews)

• "Our company culture is incredible(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is a fast-paced work environment, and employees are held to a high standard, as reflected in the training, management and support system here(in 7 reviews)

• "That said, the Executive Management Team is top-notch and knows how to guide the growth(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great, Well Organized Company!

Jun 9, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people work here who are quick, efficient, and intelligent. This is fun work culture. We are always looking for new tools and suggestions on how to improve. The structures in place are there for our success and prove to be a well-oiled machine!

Cons

There are some procedures and tools that are becoming dated and aren't quite necessary. This can happen anywhere over time but feedback from employees on what this looks like feels good for the employee and also can be a huge money saver and time saver for the company! Some younger folks need to move into management positions here if we want to keep things fresh and up to the minute. Work remote culture is frowned upon which is not very 2021. COVID made remote work culture much more acceptable and more necessary for a lot of people. Working in the office or out, as long as the employee shows that they are getting their work done and being a team player, there should be no question that they can remain a remote employee.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Solid Place to Begin Your Career

Apr 5, 2021 - SEO in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on where you are starting out, SocialSEO has a robust training program that feels intense, but for a good reason - to help you become a successful account manager, even if you barely know anything about SEO. I felt that my work during the training period was not busy work either, and I felt valued from the start for my contributions. The transition from trainee to Account Manager felt quite natural, and management has been great with ensuring that my learning continues and that I continually receive constructive feedback to improve my communication skills with my clients. The work culture, even remote, is enjoyable. There are still plenty of events that we can participate in if we would like to stay connected with one another, such as bingo, guided meditations, and professional development sessions on relevant topics in the digital marketing industry. I feel comfortable working from home and being able to stay connected to my colleagues. The company also prefers to promote internally, and paths for growth are spelled out for you in regards to skills and personal development plans to get you there. SocialSEO is a company that is positively growing over time, and I feel as if my role is stable here.

Cons

Not a con for me in particular, but I feel like reiterating this: agency life is not for everyone, and there definitely is stress that comes with balancing x amount of clients with a variety of needs in their campaigns. Management is aware and tries their best to have a variety of ways to reduce our stressors.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Excellent Company to Work For

May 14, 2021 - SEM Specialist in Brighton, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

SocialSEO has a great team and it as a wonderful company to work for. Communication has always been a top priority for me when looking for a place to work and everyone here is outgoing and willing to help you so you are successful. They also have strong company values and a great culture that unites everyone in the company to work towards achieving one common goal. This is the reason this company is one of the best digital marketing companies out there and a great place to pursue a career!

Cons

SocialSEO has some growing pains because we are talking on a lot of business right now and everyone is stretched pretty thin. The company does a great job of not trying to overload employees, but sometimes they have no choice because of the sheer volume of new clients they taking on. Some weeks can get pretty crazy and stressful, but there a lot of resources here to help you and ensure your success and your clients success.

4. 5.0

SocialSEO Review

Apr 5, 2021 - Digital Media Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

First, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed working for SocialSEO. I remember being incredibly nervous coming out of college in the middle of a pandemic and how that would negatively affect the prospect of entering the workforce. But my trepidations were alleviated almost as soon as I walked through the door. I attribute this to the fantastic office culture at SocialSEO: People are kind, patient, respectful, and genuinely make an attempt to help you in any way they can. It is a joy coming to work everyday and being a part of this team-like atmosphere.

Cons

Unfortunately, most members of our office are working from home which isn't ideal. However, this is in response to the Covid-19 landscape that our world is currently navigating. Though I miss our in-office atmosphere, I totally understand and respect senior management's decision in doing this since it protects our at risk/immunocompromised employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place To Work

Jan 20, 2021 - SEM SEO Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture regardless of what people are saying in the negative reviews is great. You will meet so many great individuals working here. The company truly cares for their employees. If you are struggling with something (work related or personnel) they do their best to work with you and get you in the best position to succeed. Training program was comprehensive. You still learn as you grow, as with any career but they make sure you have the foundation to experience success in an AM role. With the COVID pandemic, going fully remote was not the easiest, but the company has made sure to provide an abundance of resources to keep people engaged and happy. I highly recommend if you are thinking you want a career in digital marketing.

Cons

Personally there are no major cons, the potential cons are: Agency life is not for everyone, if you are not a hardworking individual who likes to stay busy this may not be a good fit. Stress: it can be stressful working in an agency trying to balance x amount of clients, but again there are resources to use when you start feeling stressed and management helps.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

I truly love working here!

May 16, 2021 - SEO Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the culture to my coworkers to the actual work, I really do love my job.

Cons

Things can get pretty busy and you are expected to carry a pretty high workload. However, there are resources you can turn to to help this.

7. 5.0

EXCELLENT company culture!

Mar 24, 2021 - Social Media Strategist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even while fully remote, SocialSEO has the best company culture I've experienced in my career to date for the following reasons: -Work/Life Balance: This is something most companies try to promote but end up doing a poor job executing. At SocialSEO, you're encouraged to work hard when you're at work, but if you feel that your workload may be over 40 hours per week, management will work with you to identify areas where you may be struggling with time management or lessen your client load if other suggested solutions aren't working. -PTO: While SocialSEO works on a standard PTO accrual system and does not boast an "unlimited PTO" policy, I've found that this means that you can truly take your earned time off and your manager and coworkers will honor/respect your well-deserved vacation time. I've learned that most "unlimited PTO" policies aren't effective in practice and truthfully prefer SocialSEO's accrual method. -Employee Recognition: Employees on all teams are not only recognized but also compensated for work well done. If you're holding a reasonable client load and/or your clients continue to renew their contracts you will qualify for generous bonuses. If a client upgrades or you assist during the sales process, you will also be compensated for your efforts. -Management: I genuinely feel supported by my direct manager and part of a team. Not only have I felt comfortable bringing any concerns to my manager, but I've also received effective career coaching in terms of leadership, client communication, and time management. Managers and Team Leads at SocialSEO receive leadership training, which is not something most agencies offer or require of their leaders. -CEO and EMT: The CEO and the individuals on the Executive Management Team are extremely team-oriented and work hard to ensure their employees are not only performing well but are happy and have access to any resources we may need. I've particularly enjoyed their recent efforts to have monthly keynote speakers and loved that these speakers focused on the importance of mental health. It's also worth noting that I am happy to see that an explicit effort has been made to feature BIPOC voices and experts during these keynote sessions.

Cons

If I'm being picky, the only "con" I've experienced is that there is a 60-90 day waiting period for your health insurance benefits to begin. However, this isn't uncommon in the workplace and SocialSEO does have excellent coverage options once your benefits do kick in.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Get In and Get Out

Sep 12, 2020 - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people there are really great to work with and will go out of their way to help you. Initial training is great, you learn a lot and it's definitely a sink or swim culture which is also helpful in learning things quickly. The company is very good about promoting from within.

Cons

1. The owners do not follow their own team values. There is little to no trust in employees which is evidenced by very micromanaged procedures and policies meant to keep employees in line and can create a Big Brother-like feel to the office. 2. Most employees are very over-worked. This leads to very high employee attrition and can also lead to very high customer attrition. It certainly leads to worse results and care being given to clients. 3. Owners are the definition of insanity - they keep doing the same things over and over and seem surprised that things don't change/improve. Employees still feel underpaid and underrecognized and Account Managers still get annoyed when they are assigned a terrible client that should have never been sold. 4. Hardly anyone in Executive Management has any experience outside of this company so they don't have a great understanding of how to run a business properly. 5. Absolutely everyone is expendable to the owners.

16 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Growing Too Fast - Poor Management

Jun 1, 2021 - SEO/SEM Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture and bonus system Training is very well done and thorough Very hands off when it comes to daily work

Cons

Managers are not experienced Sometimes feels like the company only cares about money High and often stressful work load

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Stay for 1-2 years, then go somewhere that will pay you double

Sep 8, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can learn a lot. Initial training is great, try to learn more than one service if possible. There are some really great people here. Find them and align with them, mostly just to maintain your mental health while working here.

Cons

1. Upper management can seem very immature at times and focus on strange things. You really have to submit any feedback anonymously otherwise they will add the "that person is negative" target to your back. 2. As everyone else said pay is way too low for the amount of work required. 3. Yes men go far while people who offer solutions, critical thinking are either let go or don't get promoted. 4. Sales seems to get away with everything and management will always side with them, even if they sell the worst client possible and the company ends up losing money - that's always the AM's fault. 5. Most of executive management have no experience outside of SocialSEO so they have no idea how good and lucrative working at other agencies can be. 6. Absolutely everyone beyond the 2 owners are expendable.

6 people found this review helpful