Social Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Social Solutions Chief Executive Officer Kristin Nimsger
Kristin Nimsger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of transparency for a long time from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Need more personnel for the amount of work done (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing Company, Positive Changes"

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There seems to be an emphasis on growing Social Solutions through hiring smart, creative individuals who are passionate about what we do. My team is very collaborative and hard-working. Working on a motivating and encouraging team has been a great experience. Management has been very transparent thus far about strategic changes that have been made to grow Social Solutions not only from a revenue standpoint but from a cultural, employee based standpoint. 100% employer paid health benefits and a generous starting Paid-Time-Off plan are great perks. Quarterly volunteering opportunities that don't require using PTO are another benefit of working for a mission focused organization.

Cons

There could be more clearly defined career development plans and perhaps a better performance review system in place.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent about changes within the organization and keep up the emphasis on attracting good talent. This will happen if you continue building a great culture and environment.

May 5, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your response. We're glad that you are enjoying your employment here with Social Solutions.

Your feedback regarding career plans is a great point and something that we have recently... More

"Great company with room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong level of autonomy and ability to own my own destiny. We're investing in really cool and exciting technologies and our work directly contributes to making people's lives better.

Cons

Rapid growth can lead to process maturity hiccups and we could use some stronger cross-departmental communication.

"Good Company, Good People"

I worked at Social Solutions full-time

Pros

Competitive Pay
    Strong Team Collaboration
    There isn't anything else that I would like to put here.

Cons

Unclear expectations.
    Need better communication.
    There isn't anything else that I would like to put here.

Dec 7, 2017 – VP of People

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It is fantastic to hear that collaboration with your team is solid and you feel good about your compensation package.

In terms of communication, I... More

4. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job if you are looking for an introduction to the corporate world. They will hire with little to no experience and really push you to learn quickly. Every team works fairly close together so you can learn a variety of skills that normally would not fall under your title. People are great.

Cons

Pay is not very good and they have the most complicated policies I have seen. Everything is over complicated for no reason. Also they say there is large opportunity for advancement but that is not very true.

Advice to Management

Complex systems are not better systems. Listen to your employees more and offer better pay. Everyone there works extremely hard and are very qualified so as long as you do not offer better pay they will not stay

Dec 12, 2017 – VP of People

Thanks very much for the review. It is wonderful to hear that you’ve been given opportunities to challenge yourself and grow as an early career professional. I am not sure what policies you feel are... More

"Good training, long term success?"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training and development with the new hires is very well done. You can tell a lot of time and effort went into developing a successful training plan. Numerous resources available that assist throughout the sales process. Mid-level management is very supportive and constantly offering ways to help.

Cons

Heavy turnover seems to be the norm with the inside sales team, which most likely holds true with other companies but this turnover rate seems a bit higher than most. Tough to see a long term future with this company, restructuring is needed on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Keep developing strategies that allow your frontline employees to be successful. The hiring strategy seems aggressive in nature, but always seeking to acquire the best talent is a good thing.

Dec 7, 2017 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you feel our Passport to Success (new hire orientation) and Bootcamp programs set new hires up to hit the ground running! We have experienced... More

"Great place for growth and professional development."

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Opportunity to wear multiple hats and get involved
    + HR that cares about employees
    + Personable management
    + Fun, comfortable environment
    + High importance of personal development
    + Everyone wants everyone to succeed
    + Volunteer hours and opportunities to learn about nonprofits and our clients
    + Rewarding goal of working with nonprofits who are touching thousands of lives each day
    + Work from home capabilities
    + Generous PTO

Cons

- High turnover rate
    - Top heavy company
    - Compensation not aligned with standard for roles
    - No clarity on possibilities for promotions, role progressions, etc.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to practice what you preach. Be authentically transparent about company performance, goals, etc. Continue to be a positive, inspiring source for your employees that is driven to achieve one main goal. A happy employee is a loyal employee. And most importantly, remember who our clients are.

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Recruiting & Engagement

Thank you for taking time to leave a review on your experience thus far. It’s clear that you care about your colleagues. The people are absolutely what makes Social Solutions special.

Your... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere
    Good work/life balance
    Great people
    100% paid health insurance for employees
    401k matching
    Execs are all very approachable
    Working with smart people is refreshing!

Cons

PTO could be a little more competitive with other companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent when changes occur.

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Recruiting & Engagement

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear that your experience has been a great one. The Recruiting team does a great deal of work to hire intelligent, fun and hardworking employees like you!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Opportunity for growth
    - Company mission & direction is inspiring

Cons

A growing company comes with growing pains. If you are looking for somewhere where every day presents unique challenges and opportunities to grow, then this place is for you.

Nov 13, 2017 – Senior Manager, Recruiting & Engagement

Thanks for your review! Social Solutions definitely is growing. With growth comes opportunity. We appreciate your willingness to adapt and grow with us as we bend the curve.

"Antiquated Software, Poor Leadership, & Poor Compensation"

I worked at Social Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interested in working at Social Solutions? Here are a few pros from a previous employee:

- Co-workers are pleasant and engaged with each other outside of leadership.
    - Empowering Non Profit Companies [Partial Pro - See Cons]
    - VIP time to use in order to help out a Non Profit and get paid for it.

Cons

There are unfortunately more cons then pros, consider looking elsewhere for employment opportunities:

- The reviews posted here are superficial for the 5 star reviews, and are a result of the marketing teams attempts to make the page look better.
    - Leadership is not Transparent despite claiming to be.
    - Long term employment is not stable.
         - In my time at Social Solutions there were multiple "restructurings".
         - Out of 4 restructurings, 2 teams were given the choice to relocate to Austin or they would be exited, they were all exited. (Who can uproot family in such a short notice.)
         - High employee turnover rate.
         - All positions are going to Austin and it has killed morale for the Baltimore location, since they are nearing skeleton crew levels.
    - Health Care is covered [Pro] - High Deductible [Con]
    - Non-Profits need updated software that is effective in today's market, the core services offered by SSG are extremely antiquated and lacking, with no investment in building the brand.
    - PTO is not in line with many companies in the area.
    - Work / Life balance is non-existent at Social Solutions, it is just work.
    - Not a real Agile company.
    - Atmosphere overall is negative, and morale reflects it. My reflection from the Austin Location, I've heard from colleagues in Baltimore it is worse there.

Advice to Management

Transparency isn't about saying what you're going to be doing and then doing the complete opposite, it completely killed the culture at Social Solutions.

Vista Equity - Get rid of the whole C team. The professionalism of these individuals has turned a positive atmosphere upside down on itself, and the high turnover rate is directly related to their behaviors.

Nov 27, 2017 – VP of People

Thanks for your review – we are always open to constructive, actionable feedback. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the Volunteer Impact Program (VIP) and took time to work with non-profits in the... More

"Management does not care"

I have been working at Social Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people working there are pleasant.
    The clients we serve (nonprofits) do amazing work.

Cons

Products are of deficient quality but management does not care to invest in them.

Advice to Management

Decide if your business is simply selling or selling a quality product that works.

Nov 13, 2017 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback – it is nice to hear that you had a positive experience with your colleagues and our clients.

In response to your comments on our products, we’ve invested... More