KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 71 of over 71 reviews

3.7
Social Tables CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
Pros
  • "Social Tables provides an excellent opportunity for any motivated and dedicated professional to learn and grow rapidly(in 21 reviews)

• "Weekly Happy Hours, Annual Awards Show, Holiday Party at great locations(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "These are pretty standard cons of any startup, so nothing unique to Social Tables(in 11 reviews)

• "Work life balance is something that can vary(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Post-Cvent Acquisition Thoughts

Dec 17, 2019 - Sales in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Social Tables was acquired by Cvent in October of 2018 - Way bigger pond to play in, lots of opportunities within Cvent for career growth - Best of both worlds - we retained our office, (great space in DT D.C.), our management team, a lot of autonomy; but have Cvent support in lots of efforts - Cvent has been helpful in breaking new ground with customers that before didn't work with us - Product has stabilized (although there are still some challenges) - You have to work hard (but you do have the opportunity to play hard!)

Cons

- The integration was really tough. We lost some people and almost every process was updated. - Cvent is way bigger and we had to level up to their contract cleanliness, etc. It was hard. - The good news is that 90% of integration projects are behind us - We have a few ongoing misalignments with the product team, but it's definitely better than it was a year ago

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Learning Experience

May 3, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Start up culture in D.C

Cons

Colleagues not that helpful in the office

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Didn't enjoy startup bro culture

Dec 9, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mostly fun, enjoyable team of smart, hard-working people

Cons

A few bad apples, especially at the top, ruin it for everyone

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Post-acquisition thoughts

Oct 3, 2019 - Product in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- stable roadmap and processes - more resources and mentorship

Cons

- more focus on our core, less expansion into new products - slightly more process

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Social Tables is back as one of the top tech companies in DC

Oct 3, 2019 - Engineer in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- New Head of Engineering joined in December, bringing back strong tech culture - Profitable - Fast pace of development, but with a great work/life balance - Great tech stack with modern tools - Meetups in the office every week - Great coworkers - Office space is amazing - Diverse workforce - Lots of energy - Cool lunch and learns (like today there was one on public speaking) - Monthly all-hands with AMAs where leadership team talks transparently about things that are going on

Cons

One of our products was killed after the Cvent acquisition. Several people got bummed and left (see comments in another review about poor communication). Fewer happy hours since January

6. 5.0

My Journey at Social Tables

Feb 8, 2019 - Senior Client Success Advisor in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Social Tables in May 2017 as a part-time as a Customer Care Representative right after I completed the Disney College Program in Orlando, FL— so, I had the hospitality training, but I needed to enhance my Tech skills to level up for a full-time position. I had to push myself, work hard, but then I was promoted to full-time on the Customer Care Team on February 8th, 2018 (exactly 1 year ago today!) Reflecting on my journey today, I can really appreciate how much I’ve grown and learned on both a professional and personal level since my time here. Sure — there were some long and hard days, days that were better than others. But I’ve had great managers/mentors to learn from, fantastic colleagues who support me, I get to oversee our official Instagram account, work out of an amazing office space located in the heart of D.C., and I’ve had so many great opportunities from Social Tables — branching off that, I just received a promotion this week! I am now a Senior Client Success Advisor and I’m thrilled for this next step in my career. My growth here has proven to me that hard work pays off, and does not go unnoticed. We were acquired by Cvent in October of 2018 but our culture has remained the same! It’s been such a great learning experience going through this acquisition too. Throughout this time of constant change, it’s apparent how important our core values and culture matter. This company is truly unlike any other, there is never a dull moment, and everyone has a #WorkHardPlayHard mentality. You can be yourself here and people will embrace your quirks. My experience at Social Tables has been very positive and I’m so excited for my next step!

Cons

N/A - the pros outweigh the cons

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture of Fear

Jan 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome coworkers, and the most diverse team I've seen at any tech startup in DC. Cutting-edge tech stack, great place to learn.

Cons

There is a real culture of fear at the company, and it's constantly felt in ways big and small. As far as I could tell, it was incompetence rather than malevolence that caused it. Everything comes down to Dan Berger. He has good intentions, but seems to be clueless about how his actions affect the day-to-day experience of his employees. Anybody at any level of the company can be publicly called out by him for reasons significant or completely trivial.

12 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Communication by Management

Dec 26, 2018 - Technology in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Coworkers - Office location - Snacks

Cons

- Poor communication by leadership - Favoritism in promotions - False promises - Below industry compensation and benefits package

17 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Great people led by incompetent exec team

Dec 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool office with lots of opportunities to socialize with coworkers.

Cons

Leadership does not care about how their decisions impact individual employees. The CEO gets angry and defensive over legitimate questions and concerns that employees have, especially during times of change. Promotions and opportunities are often based off of favoritism and diversity is essentially nonexistent here.

12 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

I Learned An Alternative Way To Pronounce The Word Dan

Aug 22, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company, good attempt to be Googley. CEO actively can't pronounce name

Cons

Pronunciation isn't a strong skillset. No 401k. Health benefits are weak. Small addressable market

11 people found this review helpful