Social Tables Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Social Tables CEO Dan Berger
Dan Berger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Social Tables is truly a family (in 18 reviews)

• Weekly in-office happy hours on Friday, great to unwind and hang out with the team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Change is a constant at Social Tables, so it's not the right place for people who value stability (in 11 reviews)

• Work life balance is something that can vary (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Startup in DC"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Social Tables full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Solid SaaS business on the path to profitability. Growing ARR, negative churn. Great business serving SMBs and expanding more to the Enterprise
    - Leadership. The VPs are hardworking yet approachable. Dan, the CEO, is passionate and has a motor like no one I've ever seen
    - Great transparency. Every month you learn the ins and outs of the company's financials and KPIs. Good and bad, everything is shared and discussed
    - Dope events. Weekly Happy Hours, Annual Awards Show, Holiday Party at great locations.
    - Sweet Office
    - Opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

- It's not an easy job. The CEO will push you, that's part of his job. It can be tough but you'll do some of your best work here if you put in the effort
    - Autonomy is hard to come by. You have to push for it and earn it.

Advice to Management

Discuss Lessons Learned more. Own up to mistakes you make and share with the company what you have learned from that mistake and how you may correct it.

Apr 6, 2018 – Head of Talent

Hi Tabler - thanks for sharing your review with the world! We appreciate that you took the time to write something and are happy to hear you had such a positive experience. That doesn't mean our work... More

2. "If you want to learn and grow.."

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Social Tables full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Social Tables provides an excellent opportunity for any motivated and dedicated professional to learn and grow rapidly! Being a small and growing company, you have the chance to directly impact growth. Upper management is always nearby, so it's not hard to ask challenging questions and seek advice. Each month, the company takes an hour to present all of the financials and KPIs, as well as to recognize peers' successes. The environment is friendly, energetic, and innovative. Every work anniversary you celebrate there comes with a celebration and unique gift! The CEO is constantly giving industry talks and is on top of Thought Leadership. It's valuable and inspiring to have a leader who goes above and beyond.

Cons

It's a fast-paced environment. Change is constant when a company is young and growing - only work here if that's something you can handle and enjoy! It's a niche industry and definitely helps to have familiarity with the hospitality world. Although there is opportunity to grow, you may have to wait for promotions and raises.

Advice to Management

Some people prefer structure, others like to figure things out on their own. Try to hire and retain those with a true entrepreneurial spirit that are ready to figure things out and be molded into something new.

3. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Social Tables full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really cool office space and great coworkers! The work is fast-paced and challenging but you are surrounded by people who are genuinely excited to be working at the company. Hours can get long but management is understanding and flexible with schedules. There are lots of extra events for employees to socialize.

Cons

Leadership is not very diverse.

Apr 6, 2018 – Head of Talent

Hi Tabler - Thanks you for leaving us a review. I’m happy you’re enjoying the people and ST!

Thank you for addressing diversity. It is something we continually work on at Social Tables and always... More

"Walk the walk"

I have been working at Social Tables full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company that doesn't only talk the talk but also walks the walk. Many startups try to position themselves as places for employee development and a great environment but Social Tables is those things.

A new HR director is giving new life to many of the programs that made me join in the first place. That makes me really excited to see what will happen this year.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind at this time.

Apr 6, 2018 – Head of Talent

Hi and Thank you for your positive review! We take pride in our employees and are working hard to create programs and processes to continue to develop and motivate our most important resource: our... More

"haven't thought about my former employers once"

I have been working at Social Tables full-time

Pros

* executive team are inspiring and have been there for a while
    * office is amazing and employees can host events there
    * the product is really well designed and coming together really nicely

Cons

* many managers are first timers

Advice to Management

* continue to hold all-hands regularly and share as much information as possible. it is like nothing i have ever seen before and very enlightening/appreciated.

* give managers more training

Apr 6, 2018 – Head of Talent

Hello Tabler - thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your thoughtful and transparent review. We are glad you’re getting the most out of your time here at Social Tables and appreciate the... More

"Where to start..."

I worked at Social Tables full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free fruit roll-ups and coffee

Cons

I truly wish this was a joke. Let me paint the picture of one of the most unprofessional workplace environments ever. People abuse blow as if they're in an episode of Narcos. Overheard several inappropriate conversations from male executives about female subordinates - would not be surprised to read about a sexual harassment case in WaPo in the near future. Management style: Michael Scott from The Office. Oh and 0.01% diversity.
    I would be shocked to find out the five star reviews stemmed from genuine employees and not HR.

Advice to Management

You all should probably be fired.

"Churn and Burn"

I have been working at Social Tables full-time

Pros

Cool office. Mostly good people.

Cons

This is not a good environment. Expectations for availability are 24/7. Your work and time are scrutinized even when working 60 + hours a week - and that’s a light work week. It is not a place that tries to find and advance the best in people. There are so many start ups in DC where you can work hard and be respected - this is not one of them. Management is skeptical about any amount of flexibility where they can’t watch you work — working from home or adjusting work hours are counted against you.

"Great product and good vision!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Social Tables full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very cool workplace and flexible time-offs/sick leaves. There's a lot of opportunity for growth within the organization. If you are determined, a self starter and passionate about what you do then you will definitely love this company.

Cons

Things are fast paced (which is typical to most startup companies out there) and there's always some change that's happening every now and then. People are using ST to gain experience and then moving on to take big buck jobs elsewhere which is something that has to change.

Apr 6, 2018 – Head of Talent

Hello Tabler - Thank you for your positive feedback! You are right that if you are driven and motivated, there are many internal opportunities for growth. Glad to hear you are also enjoying the added... More

"A Maturing Startup w/Great Opportunity and Some Growing Pains"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Social Tables full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Social Tables is unique in that for such a young company, it so many large, happy, and very strategic customers, which creates an exciting and dynamic atmosphere.

Before I started at Social Tables, I never would have thought I'd be interacting with VPs and C-suite executives at major hotel chains or executives at Fortune 500 companies - and that those customers would care so deeply about the work I do for them.

I've consistently been offered new challenges, have been offered new roles and responsibilities, and make much more now than I did when I started, mostly because the role has changed so much.

Cons

Change is a constant at Social Tables, so it's not the right place for people who value stability.

We work quickly and efficiently, but sometimes our quick pivots result in late nights for the team.

My attainment goals have changed twice this year, which doesn't bother me but has caused confusion and stress for other team members.

Advice to Management

Focus on consistent goal setting and better alignment between mid and senior management.

All in all I'm happy in the role that I have an am enjoying the role I have!

"Current Status: Scaling"

I have been working at Social Tables full-time

Pros

The company is the closest thing you get to a Silicon Valley high growth startup in DC (in a good way). We are currently rolling out a new platform and some amazing features. This has been years in the making and we've talked about it for a while so it's nice to see it all come together.

Cons

Some employees who have been there for a long time feel entitled but they are either changing or moving on, which is good for everyone.

Advice to Management

Constantly evaluate managers to make sure they are the right ones for what the company needs.