Social Thinking Reviews | Glassdoor

Social Thinking Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2019

4.4
  1. "Good spot for a self-directed employee"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager

I worked at Social Thinking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Michelle and Pam are inspirational leaders who have developed a great service/product, and continue to do so. The company is small, so your contributions can have a big impact and are recognized. The challenges of an evolving company keep work interesting. My most enjoyable times involved working cross-functionally with other department heads. Healthcare benefits are above average for a small company.

Cons

It's easy to work too long, and it's hard to take a long vacation when there are few employees available to backfill. Conference-focused employees travel frequently, mainly during the school year. Managers may be traveling, so feedback can be scarce.

Advice to Management

Schedule regular skills training programs to help employees stay current with technology and their profession.

Social Thinking2016-08-24
  2. "Every Employee Matters Here"

I have been working at Social Thinking full-time for more than a year

Pros

A huge Pro for Social Thinking (aside from its wonderful mission) is the people who work here. We have a team of fun-loving, dedicated, passionate people who work really well together and have formed something of a family-bond. Management is whole-heartedly devoted to making Social Thinking a great place to work, and it shows. No one around here has egos, and the CEO makes time to get to know each employee as a... person and is really supportive of the staff. I love the people here! Another thing - it's a small company (about 20-something employees) but you wouldn't know it from the outside because we are highly productive and responsive to customers (we get great customer service reviews :). There are always many projects and conferences in the works so there's no time to be bored!

Cons

The other side of the coin of always having a lot of projects in place is that depending on your role things can get a bit hectic at times. We've hired more people recently to help with this issue, but since there's so much demand for Social Thinking products and conferences it's inevitable that sometimes lots of projects will need to be dealt with at once.

Social Thinking2016-04-14
  3. "Researcher"

Researcher/Sourcer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Social Thinking

Pros

It is a great environment to work with. Michelle and Pam run a great ship here. eThe staff is easy to get along with as well, and were there for me when need be.

Cons

I don't believe I experienced any cons during my time there.

Advice to Management

There's a good reason Social Thinking has been around for 20 years and counting--provide excellent service and working with people who have Asperger's and other similar disabilities. Michelle and Pam are masters at this as well as a strong staff.

Social Thinking2015-12-12

"Working At Social Thinking"

I have been working at Social Thinking full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with the company for more than 2 years now and I have no complaints. Everyone gets along very well and you always feel like your ideas matter. Management does a great job problem solving and making sure everyone has what they need in order to successfully do their job. Even though the company is small, there is still room for growth!

Cons

Communication is sometimes difficult with people traveling and everyone having so much on their plate!

Social Thinking2015-12-06

"Marketing Assistant (eventually Marketing Strategist)"

I worked at Social Thinking full-time

Pros

Creative minds are encouraged to flourish here! This was my first marketing job and a grew a ton in my two years of employment. I learned a lot from my boss and was encouraged to research and develop marketing strategies of my own. What's awesome is new and innovative ideas area welcomed, you just have to have to make sure you have the research and data to back it up! There's also a passion that exists in this... company, unlike any other I have experienced. Being that Social Thinking's product is 100% people focused, there's a special rewarding feeling to a job done well. I have to say, though, this is not the place to work if you plan on sitting idly by, ingenuity & problem solving are encouraged.

Cons

The home to work-life balance was a bit tough as I travelled a lot with the conferences. Also, communication across departments could be improved as many times there were redundancies & inefficiencies that could have been prevented.

Advice to Management

Have a more open forum to encourage discussion of ideas from all employees.

Social Thinking2015-12-05
  6. "What really matters"

I have been working at Social Thinking full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission oriented company helping individuals with social learning challenges Work is interesting; never a dull moment! Management listens and cares; respectful attitude toward work/life balance

Cons

Company is growing, so flexible attitude is needed to weather the changes Smaller company which means less chance to "move up the ladder" by position/dept but still plenty of opportunities to contribute and be recognized for it.

Social Thinking2015-12-07
  7. "Small company with a big mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Social Thinking full-time

Pros

Helping to make a difference for families, children and individuals with Autism, ADHD, and other social challenges! Small company with a big heart. All employees are committed to the mission of the company and go the extra mile. Many of the staff and Directors are young and energetic. Team problem solving is encouraged. Snacks! Employees are appreciated and their talents and excellent benefits.

Cons

Small company, so not many layers of advancement.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

Social Thinking2015-12-05

"Disappointment!"

I worked at Social Thinking

Pros

Good cause, great products and great service to the customers

Cons

Poor and ambiguous management. Management leans more towards setting you up for failure than promoting growth. Undefined work responsibilities.

Social Thinking2015-10-06

Social Thinking Response

December 4, 2015Customer Service

Unfortunately, we all make mistakes and sometimes the fit isn't right for employee or employer. Sorry to see this review from a very, very short term (under 60 day) past employee. Luckily, we are never to old, set, or stubborn to learn from our mistakes so we graciously take this advice.

9. "Think social creative agency"

Former Employee - UI Designer in Andheri East

I worked at Social Thinking full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nice guy to work with , lovely work space environment and not much employees. Chilled out loving person to party or just hang out with.

Cons

well since the parent company is an "Event Company" you never get your salary on time. which is a really big downfall on that due to which employees cannot sustain themselves after a few months and leave

Advice to Management

I would advice to think twice before recommending due to salary issues

Social Thinking2019-02-11