Socialware Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Naumann

1. "Experienced team; lots of growth potential"

I have been working at Socialware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Socialware has had a lot of positive growth, change and improvement over the last two years, particularly in the last year: New experienced leadership team put into place, great product enhancements, improved customer communication and communication between departments and teams, increased revenue and growth momentum.

Cons

Growing pains typical to a maturing start-up environment. If you like working for a big company where you have one task to fulfill that never changes, this is not the place for you (nor is any startup.)

Advice to Management

Keep setting goals and hitting those targets as you have been the last year! The change in culture has been great and is very visible among the team...keep it going!

"Fast moving, cutting edge market of social media enablement. Cool company with great customer logos."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Socialware full-time

Pros

Great product being used at well regarded companies. Work environment makes it possible to jump into a variety of projects or initiatives regardless of formal title or function. External market is very dynamic in that social media and digital marketing strategies are still forming. It's a chance to be at the cutting edge of how major companies take advantage of new marketing channels.

Cons

The market evolves very quickly -- in how companies are using social media generally and in how the Socialware product must grow to meet new opportunities. Competitive space results in some stressful days. Benefits are solid.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in building out and sharing thought leadership.

Feb 2, 2015 – VP Product Development

Thanks for the feedback. The management team made a decided effort to boost benefits for employees and their families in 2014. It's a blend of what you would find at a small company and a large ... More

3. "It is good to work with competent people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Socialware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fun and relaxed environment to work. The company allocates some time and money for training. The change in culture direction is starting to take effect.

Cons

More office space would help, but there is not much to say here. The new culture is still not settled, but it will get there.

Advice to Management

The office could be located in a better place.

Oct 8, 2014 – VP Product Development

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, agreed that the new culture is still taking hold as cultural changes definitely need consistency and constancy to take hold, primarily through the actions of senior ... More

"Amazing opportunity for those that seek a large impact"

I have been working at Socialware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team-based culture with a true focus on agile principles and practices. Flat organizational structure where you can have access to whatever information you need. Great opportunity for those that seek rapid career advancement in a very fast-moving environment. Great trust from current customers as well as investors. Emphasis is on innovation growth including a solid investment in learning/training of engineering team members.

Cons

Things are changing a lot, including a number of new executives. However, new executives are totally committed to the success of the company and are "all in." If you are looking for a highly structured environment where people are telling you what to do, you should probably look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to build the product development team with a long-term focus on customer success (that's when your dev team will really pay off!)

6. "Socialware is genuine and honest, I feel I can trust my co-workers, and leadership to get us to where we need to go."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Socialware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every conversation is candid and realistic, I never feel like I'm on the wrong side of a closed door meeting. The promise and talent are real, and there is an actual opportunity for a company with our reputation in this market to make strategic alliances and become successful. The core values are clear and direct. The ideas and roadmap are dead on, I fully agree with where we're going.

Cons

Externally: previous perception in the market is a hurdle, the company 5 years ago is not the Socialware of today.

Internally: It took few months to personally feel like I was able to reach my full potential and contribute the way I wanted to.

Advice to Management

We hire extremely smart, driven individuals, and our employees personal strengths are some of our most powerful assets. I'd love to see management dig into these personal motivators and find more opportunities to utilize them.

7. "Ability To Be Highly Impactful; Must Be Able to Deal with the STONG Winds of Change"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Socialware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a multifaceted individual that can contribute to the team in a multitude of ways you will definitely excel at Socialware. There are many opportunities to fill needs to be a major contributor. Socialware provides a startup like culture with just the right amount of structure. You can definitely build and develop a career here.

Cons

Due to leadership changes and other factors a lack of focus within the market has impacted company direction. Lack of coordination between departments and a lack of resources has been difficult to overcome and has limited productivity.

Advice to Management

Stability of staff and a defined company direction/product would help focus and productivity.

"A lot of change taking place all the time. Need to be highly adaptable."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Socialware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Report directly to executives, get high visibility in the company.

Cons

Small team and tight resources.

May 28, 2014 – VP Product Development

Thanks for the feedback, we're in the midst of addressing the "cons" section by expanding the team right now in a major way. Definitely agree with the "Pros" section as we have a very flat ... More

"Great People and Product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good value prop., smart people and a great product.

Cons

Lack of transition to different industries with the current solution. Inhibits growth potential.

"Great small company, amazing focus."

I have been working at Socialware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology and a real focus on customers

Cons

A very focused market, only social media compliance for the financial industry, so you better love social media and you better love the financial industry.

11. "Innovative & Customer Focused"

I have been working at Socialware (More than a year)

Pros

Fun company with a focus on customer satisfaction. Always open to feedback and works in partnership with their customers as they develop and continually improve their product. Big supporter of work/life balance and likes to have fun!

Cons

Need more resources to support customer requests.