Society Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Society Consulting Reviews

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chad Richeson

Pros
  • The work-life balance here is great (in 3 reviews)

• Company events and afternoon happy hours (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Time off starts low and includes sick time (in 3 reviews)

• BEWARE NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSES THEY TELL YOU (in 2 reviews)

"one of the best consultancies I've worked at."

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good office environment with flexible options for telecommuting and otherwise. The work-life balance here is great! Decent benefits, great bunch of people, and a willingness from ownership team to solve any workplace or cultural concerns.

Cons

It's consulting work, so if you're longing to own a program and drive deep strategic vision, you should be looking at one of their clients, not at an agency. You can get pigeonholed into samey, silo'd work if you don't develop yourself outside of working hours. Sometimes management has been defensive about feedback, but they do rally and come with heartfelt intention to improve the workplace.

Advice to Management

Y'all are going great - keep thinking big! It's all about redefining the big data space in the next century, moving past the webspace into IOT work.

"A Consulting Firm Invested in Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Society, more than any firm I have read about, values their employees as more than just resources. Personal growth opportunities are everywhere, and they are currently working to eliminate the dreaded "bench". Even the current bench differs greatly from most firms, as it provides pay for a period of time, and is used in VERY rare cases currently.

Cons

Not a con for me, but they tend to throw their consultants in the thick of it for their flex skills. So expect to learn by doing much of the time!

PTO and Benefits could be improved (a fact management acknowledged at the last company meeting). This should be removed from this column shortly.

Advice to Management

Additional, or more flexible PTO, would be a great draw, as would flexible or compressed work weeks (when allowed by the client).

"Great analytics team"

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really love how much management cares about personal development, the perks are nice tons of free food and snacks, work life balance is great. I'm almost never asked to work more than 40 and when i do I get a bonus. Working from home is an option a lot of the time.

Cons

Time off starts low and includes sick time. Health insurance is not great for the spouse and kids. It is awesome for the employee though.

"A place for hardworking, motivated people..."

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time

Pros

- Amazingly welcome and friendly environment to work in
    - Fun events and office morale often
    - Great group of hardworking business minded people
    - Motivation is everywhere and the support is amazing
    - HUGE opportunity for growth through internal learning programs and external reimbursement
    - Fast growing digital analytics company and largest in the US
    - Extreme transparency on company and coworkers alike
    - Amazing incentives all around

Cons

- None at this time

Advice to Management

- Transparency is vital and something that should be continued forever, much appreciated
    - The educational opportunities make Society a wonderful place to work and learn, keep it up
    - Continue to offer compensation that matches individual growth, it's great incentive to stay

"Negative Reviews are Misleading - Great Company"

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent leadership team; executives are engaged and always available to all consultants. If you have a question or concern, you can call the CEO's cell phone or walk in the president's office. SVPs regularly meet with the consultants who take the initiative to schedule time with them.

Great office culture; HQ staff works hard to ensure consultants feel connected to the company. Engagement Managers are tireless in their efforts to work with all consultants on career development and have regular 1:1s, lunches and coffees.

Fun perks; dog-friendly office, stocked kitchen, fun events, team lunches, great opportunities for charity work.

Flexible - in many ways; flexible working hours, flexible remote working policy, company is willing to work with you on what's important to you.

As a final note - you don't get what you don't ask for. If you want more vacation days, negotiate for them. Continue to give feedback on the benefits that are important to you. If you have a concern, take it directly to the executives - they're always available.

Cons

Per other reviews, benefits for family members are expensive and the 401k matching could be better. However, in the two years I've been here, the ownership team has taken concrete steps in the right direction on both issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to make improvements to the benefits package. Continue being available and transparent - you're doing a great job.

"amazing and supportive staff"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Completely supportive staff. Engagement managers really work hard to ensure your success. Everyone is friendly, courteous and respectful.

Cons

could use healthier snacks in the break room.

"Fun and Fulfilling - Don't Believe the Bad Reviews"

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I find the bad reviews for this company kind of bizarre. Maybe there are pockets of the company where people are dissatisfied, but everyone seems very happy to me. It's a great place to work, fun, and there's a lot of opportunity.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so it's hard to stand out, and some people get overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Address some of the concerns mentioned on this site.

9. "Greatest Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management, Job Placement, Salary and The People

Cons

None. I am perfectly happy with this company.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. Thank you.

"Fun culture, great pay, great benefits."

Current Employee - SCCM Support Engineer Tier III in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - SCCM Support Engineer Tier III in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Society is awesome. They frequently host happy hour events at local restaurants, and overall maintain a fun, happy environment. Shorts and t-shirts are normal attire even for the CEO. There are dogs running around the office most of the time, and likely someone having a drink. The pay is highly competitive, and the structure works. It's a very fast growing company with endless opportunities in the near future.

Cons

If you are used to a more professional, rigid atmosphere, society might be a bit of a tough transition.

"Fantastic"

I have been working at Society Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easily the best company I've worked for. Everything that should be in line, is. Leadership is knowledge, forward thinking, and knows when to let others do their work instead of micromanaging. Great training provided periodically, and lots of social events to network both inside and outside the company.

I came from a much larger (Big 4) company and can say Society blows my previous one out of the water. Management really cares about your career progression and goes out of their way to support you and make sure you have what you need - which is how it should be.

Fair pay and honest negotiation.

Cons

Unsure about promotion system, but honestly I'm happy enough here that I couldn't care less about my title. Days off could be better - the standard offer of 10 isn't very many, especially for senior employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue looking out for your employees and make sure everyone has fun!