Cover image for Society Consulting

65% Recommend to a Friend
78% Approve of CEO

Found 53 of over 57 reviews

3.4
Society Consulting CEO Chad Richeson (no image)
Chad Richeson

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "fun place to work with many great people and lots of socializing.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The overall culture is great and they now have a very clear defined vision for the company.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

one of the best consultancies I've worked at.

Apr 9, 2016 - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good office environment with flexible options for telecommuting and otherwise. The work-life balance here is great! Decent benefits, great bunch of people, and a willingness from ownership team to solve any workplace or cultural concerns.

Cons

It's consulting work, so if you're longing to own a program and drive deep strategic vision, you should be looking at one of their clients, not at an agency. You can get pigeonholed into samey, silo'd work if you don't develop yourself outside of working hours. Sometimes management has been defensive about feedback, but they do rally and come with heartfelt intention to improve the workplace.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wanted to believe

Jun 12, 2018 - Senior Business Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture, work environment

Cons

Treated employees hired to do contract work as contractors. Treated us well, but regarded as disposable. Lots of talk about culture, but didn't apply to those of us who were rented out.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Society Consulting team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good Experience and Professional Challenges

Mar 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid leadership constantly striving to help employees grow their professional skills and experience. Flexible schedules to match client projects. Social company with many events and networking opportunities.

Cons

Limited selection of client projects. Heavy on the Microsoft projects and few clients with long term contracts. If you are in-between projects you are placed "on the bench" waiting for your next project.

5. 4.0

Great place!

Oct 30, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people! Smaller place with great culture!

Cons

Recently they move to downtown Seattle.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 1.0

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Apr 5, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dine at nice places and the consultants are skilled

Cons

The count of those that marked "helpful" under the negative reviews as opposed to the positive reviews tells you everything you need to know! BEWARE NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSES THEY TELL YOU. THEY LIE!

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love Society, Dislike who Acquired them

Mar 4, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Consultants not located at HQ work remotely serving clients in their local market. Coworkers were great to work with as a team on a project Provide hardware (laptop, dock station, monitor) for desk set up if remote

Cons

Things turned sour for me after Society was acquired by EY. It didn't feel like the right fit since Society is not in the accounting/finance/risk business. True, this big 4 firm has a consulting/advisory arm but still, it didn't feel right. It is THE reason why I am seeking another job at the moment. The big 4 firms make me feel as if I should be so grateful for the chance to work with them. I am not fresh out of college or MBA school. I am an experienced professional who does not work in accounting/finance/risk. When I tell people what I do and who I work for, they look at me like "huh? EY does that?". Not doing my resume any good

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place if starting in consulting

Nov 12, 2016 - Senior Consultant/Program Manager/Business Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company, with lots of opportunity for knowledge sharing and socializing. Good plan for growth.

Cons

Can be a bit cliquish.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun company, work hard/play hard atmosphere

Oct 28, 2016 - Finance Department in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, cool building. Company events and afternoon happy hours. Company pays for stocked kitchen and some breakfast and lunches. Happy working environment. You work hard, they will reward you. Allows friendly dogs.

Cons

work life balance was off - maybe different for others in different departments. Long hours worked and for salary (no additional benefit but still a requirement of the job). No real access for development and moving up in the company.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Excellent company, one of the best

Oct 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, lots of smart people, treat their employees very well

Cons

This is not really a con, but the culture is a bit youth-focused and cliquey. The management team tends to just hire their friends for all internal positions, so there was very much an "in-crowd", including the owners, who were always going to Hawaii together, etc. Awkward for those of us who were not included.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great mid-sized consultancy in customer experience space

Aug 8, 2016 - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open, collaborative environment. Friendly management. Very good relationship with clients. High job security as far as consultancies go (stable).

Cons

Client portfolio could be more diverse

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews
</>Embed

Society Consulting Reviews FAQs

Society Consulting has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Society Consulting to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Society Consulting employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Society Consulting. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

65% of Society Consulting employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Society Consulting 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Society Consulting to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.