- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Bellevue, WA
- - Seattle, WA
- - Tacoma, WA
- - Redmond, WA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Yonkers, NY
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
Found 53 of over 57 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 9, 2016 - Consultant in Bellevue, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good office environment with flexible options for telecommuting and otherwise. The work-life balance here is great! Decent benefits, great bunch of people, and a willingness from ownership team to solve any workplace or cultural concerns.
It's consulting work, so if you're longing to own a program and drive deep strategic vision, you should be looking at one of their clients, not at an agency. You can get pigeonholed into samey, silo'd work if you don't develop yourself outside of working hours. Sometimes management has been defensive about feedback, but they do rally and come with heartfelt intention to improve the workplace.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 12, 2018 - Senior Business Manager in Bellevue, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Love the culture, work environment
Treated employees hired to do contract work as contractors. Treated us well, but regarded as disposable. Lots of talk about culture, but didn't apply to those of us who were rented out.
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 16, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Solid leadership constantly striving to help employees grow their professional skills and experience. Flexible schedules to match client projects. Social company with many events and networking opportunities.
Limited selection of client projects. Heavy on the Microsoft projects and few clients with long term contracts. If you are in-between projects you are placed "on the bench" waiting for your next project.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 30, 2017 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people! Smaller place with great culture!
Recently they move to downtown Seattle.
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 5, 2017 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Dine at nice places and the consultants are skilled
The count of those that marked "helpful" under the negative reviews as opposed to the positive reviews tells you everything you need to know! BEWARE NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSES THEY TELL YOU. THEY LIE!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 4, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Consultants not located at HQ work remotely serving clients in their local market. Coworkers were great to work with as a team on a project Provide hardware (laptop, dock station, monitor) for desk set up if remote
Things turned sour for me after Society was acquired by EY. It didn't feel like the right fit since Society is not in the accounting/finance/risk business. True, this big 4 firm has a consulting/advisory arm but still, it didn't feel right. It is THE reason why I am seeking another job at the moment. The big 4 firms make me feel as if I should be so grateful for the chance to work with them. I am not fresh out of college or MBA school. I am an experienced professional who does not work in accounting/finance/risk. When I tell people what I do and who I work for, they look at me like "huh? EY does that?". Not doing my resume any goodContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 12, 2016 - Senior Consultant/Program Manager/Business Analyst in Redmond, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Small company, with lots of opportunity for knowledge sharing and socializing. Good plan for growth.
Can be a bit cliquish.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 28, 2016 - Finance Department in Bellevue, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fun atmosphere, cool building. Company events and afternoon happy hours. Company pays for stocked kitchen and some breakfast and lunches. Happy working environment. You work hard, they will reward you. Allows friendly dogs.
work life balance was off - maybe different for others in different departments. Long hours worked and for salary (no additional benefit but still a requirement of the job). No real access for development and moving up in the company.
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 10, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible, lots of smart people, treat their employees very well
This is not really a con, but the culture is a bit youth-focused and cliquey. The management team tends to just hire their friends for all internal positions, so there was very much an "in-crowd", including the owners, who were always going to Hawaii together, etc. Awkward for those of us who were not included.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 8, 2016 - Consultant in Bellevue, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Open, collaborative environment. Friendly management. Very good relationship with clients. High job security as far as consultancies go (stable).
Client portfolio could be more diverse
Society Consulting Reviews FAQs
Society Consulting has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Society Consulting to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Society Consulting employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Society Consulting 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.