KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Society Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2022

Found 32 of over 33 reviews

3.7
Society Insurance President & CEO Rick Parks (no image)
Rick Parks

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place

Jul 16, 2022 - Claims Representative II in Fond du Lac, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family like company. Love the CEO. They care, you’re not just a number!

Cons

Only thing I can say is they do not value employee feedback.

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your kind words about our CEO and that our family-like company is a great place to work. Employee experience is important to us and we would be happy to discuss additional feedback with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of the HR Team directly if you wish to discuss further. Thank you.

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Run!

Jun 23, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is wirhin a normal range

Cons

Chaotic work place Huge liars

Human Resources

We are sorry to hear your employee experience is currently not meeting your expectations. We would be happy to discuss the concerns you may have. Please reach out directly to a member of the Human Resources team if you wish to discuss further. Thank you!

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good work life balance but low salary

Jan 31, 2022 - Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster in Janesville, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flex scheduling 401k match Good PTO

Cons

Low salaries, minimal raises 3% at most Lack of advanced technology systems Lack of advanced equipment Small room for growth

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall great place to work

Jan 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very helpful and friendly culture; flexible work schedule; benefits; telecommuting options available

Cons

Offering remote work opportunities but limited to living in states they do business in; need to be able to work in a very fast paced environment; career opportunities for those earlier in career but can be limited after that

VP Human Resources & Administration

Thank you for your kind words. As we continue to grow, we hope to continue to expand our offerings to employees.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

People who will do the right thing

Dec 9, 2021 - Actuarial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides a great work life balance and retirement benefits. The people are genuine and care about each other.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in the home office but there is not much diversity in Fond du Lac in general.

6. 5.0

looking for salaries

Nov 30, 2021 - Claims Manager in Appleton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is great with good hours and flex scheduling.

Cons

lack of growth within certain departments

VP Human Resources & Administration

Thank you for the positive rating! We continue to try to provide opportunities and programs for those looking for more in their career. We hope to continue to meet your expectations in the future.

7. 3.0

Work and more work!!

Sep 14, 2021 - Property Field Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part good people to work for, but going through growing pains!!

Cons

Work load and health care.

VP Human Resources & Administration

I am sorry to hear your employee experience is not everything you had hoped for. We would be happy to discuss the concerns you may have with Society. Please reach out directly to a member of the Human Resources team if you wish to discuss further. Thank you!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Solid

Apr 14, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter II in Fond du Lac, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

There’s a real sense of family.

Cons

Smaller company so not as many opportunities for advancement.

VP Human Resources & Administration

We are happy hear that your employment experience with us was a positive one. Thank you for the wonderful review.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Apr 13, 2021 - Manager IT Delivery in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Upper management gets to know their employees.

Cons

None. It is a great place to work at.

VP Human Resources & Administration

We are so happy to hear that your experience has been a positive one so far. We hope we continue to meet your expectations of a great place to work!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work

Nov 25, 2020 - WC Customer Service Representative "legal Assistant" in Fond du Lac, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, coworkers work very well together

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment at times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews

Society Insurance Reviews FAQs

Society Insurance has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Society Insurance to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Society Insurance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Society Insurance. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

71% of Society Insurance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Society Insurance 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Society Insurance to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, diversity and inclusion.

Popular Careers with Society Insurance Job Seekers