Society Insurance Reviews

Updated Nov 25, 2020

3.7
Society Insurance President & CEO Rick Parks (no image)
Rick Parks
  1. "Amazing place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - WC Customer Service Representative "legal Assistant" in Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Society Insurance part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, coworkers work very well together

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment at times.

2. "Great Team and Benefits"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great 401k match. Work life balance is better than expected. Management is very helpful and caring.

Cons

Not very exciting. Lack of diversity.

3. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employee and a great culture. They truly care for their employees and it shows!

Cons

Can move a little slower than larger organizations but that expected when you are a smaller company.

July 30, 2020VP Human Resources & Administration

Thank you for the great feedback. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful employment experience with us!

4. "Don'd do it"

1.0
    Former Employee - Workers Comp Claims Adjuster in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Society Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there are no pros at working there. unless it is the only job you can find, that would be the only time to give in to this company,

Cons

If you enjoyed high school clicks you may like it there

July 30, 2020VP Human Resources & Administration

I am sorry to hear your employee experience was not everything you had hoped for. We would be happy to discuss the concerns you may have had when you were an employee of Society. Please reach out directly to a member of the Human Resources team if you wish to discuss further. Thank you!

5. "My dream job"

Former Employee - Facilities Maintenance Technician in North Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Society Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment and lots of friendly people all focused on a common goal.

Cons

Has a core value regarding honesty and integrity, the words are separated and integrity should include honesty and not exclusive.

Continue reading
  6. "Family oriented, flexible and for the most part great culture aside from the department I was in."

Former Employee - Premium Receivables Representative in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Society Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flex scheduling, great incentives such as health reimbursement and tuition reimbursement medical, dental, vision. Career coaching.

Cons

No standard operating procedures - this made it difficult to advance because there was nothing to measure against. Training is very unorganized in the department I was in. The manager of my department was clueless and played favorites and would only promote his favorites. My department did not work as a team and was more focused and pointing g out eachothers flaws and mistakes and throwing eachother u der the buss instead or working as a team to ensure everyone understood a task.

Continue reading
  7. "Great people, culture and future!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate and driven team Fun Culture Flexible Workplace

Cons

Several employees need to commute from a distance

8. "Great Company, ok management"

Former Employee - Claims Representative

I worked at Society Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company offers great benefits, flexible scheduling and are very family oriented.

Cons

If there is ever a problem with management, and you request help via upper management or HR, nothing gets done. They are more focused on employees being there long term that they don’t care seem to care on what happens and how to fix it. Management plays favorites. Company is extremely hard to promote within. Promotions seemed to be controlled by college of insurance instead of job qualifications.

September 3, 2019

9. "Small Details Big Difference Culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer in Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Society Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our company has served its policyholders since 1915. With a focus on making a difference in their lives, we will succeed for the long term.

Cons

This company continues to grow for long term success. There are not many cons in comparison to other companies.

Continue reading

"Wait 5 years - they need to modernize their leadership and culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Fond du Lac, WI

I worked at Society Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are generally great people.

Cons

They are currently in process of executing a business transformation project. They are only focusing on technical aspects and are not keeping open minds to Organizational Changes required to be a modern player in the market. They are taking a very narrow focus to how they execute these technology changes. Their leadership teams are a bit stale at the moment and they don’t seem to have a clear understanding of modern business practices, agile work environments, or inclusion of new ideas and new ways of working in a modern culture.

June 26, 2019

We are sorry to hear that your employee experience with us did not meet the expectations you had. We pride ourselves on creating the best experience possible for our employees and customers. Business transformations of this magnitude are complex and have many facets to them. We understand not all employees are comfortable with a change of this nature and that's okay. We feel that we are strongly positioned from a leadership and SI partner perspective to be flexible and adapt as we need throughout this project. We wish you much success in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews