Cover image for Socio

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 25 of over 52 reviews

4.9
Socio CEO Yarkin Sakucoglu (no image)
Yarkin Sakucoglu

70 Comments

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Socio~2863199
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Great!

Mar 1, 2022 - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love my team! Love the company!

Cons

No cons that I can think of

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture

Jul 27, 2022 - Business Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, leadership cares about employees

Cons

low pay compared to other companies

3. Join the Socio team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

I still bleed orange

Aug 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Socio is a place where you can be yourself, make an impact, grow your skills and career, and work with incredible people. And while I hoped Socio would go public someday, I am thrilled to be a part of Cisco. In my last review over 2 years ago, the main con I described was regarding benefits. That certainly improved as the company grew, even before Cisco acquired Socio. And now, benefits are extremely generous and competitive!

Cons

Any acquisition is bound to have some bumps, and times where there is an inherent lack of clarity. However, the Cisco team has welcomed Socio very warmly and collaborated with us on a shared vision.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Dream Scale-Up

Jan 4, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Never thought I would say I would be working at my dream company during the year of covid, but here we are! Definitely one of the fastest-growing software companies in the midwest. Solid executive and management teams, solid products, inclusive culture. For the right type of person, growth opportunities are everywhere: the team I am a part of has tripled in size after the pandemic.

Cons

We move fast, which is great. Let's not forget to celebrate the wins along the way. This especially became more difficult as we moved to be fully remote.

6. 5.0

Fantastic place to work!

Feb 18, 2021 - Customer Team Member in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the energy, passion, and camaraderie amongst the teams at Socio. I love the culture and the people! I feel grateful to be supported by the team, have a say in how to do something, change processes, etc

Cons

Being a start up, there's lots of things always changing - if you don't do well with change or adapting easy - it isn't for you!

7. 5.0

Tight management

Dec 24, 2020 - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a regular event technology company, COVID could have been the end of this company, instead, the leadership team was fast to react, and turned it into an opportunity (growing our team by almost 2x) in a way I haven't previously witnessed in my 10 years of software-co experience.

Cons

Communication at times can be challenging, which is a common problem with companies growing at this speed. Internal tools have been implemented to address the issues. Well see!

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Best Job Ever

Feb 15, 2021 - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative Environment, High Growth, Fun People to work with

Cons

If you need to have your hand held, this isn't for you

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The sky's the limit, and you control your experience.

Jun 17, 2019 - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a young company, there is a lot you can do/be trusted to do here. The good news is that you can probably be involved in and learn a lot more than you're used to at other jobs––the bad news is that its age makes it a company with a lot to prove, so coasting (which I would define as clocking in and out and performing your minimum requirements) isn't going to cut it. If that's what you want, you're gonna have a bad time. If you're looking to stretch yourself personally and professionally, this will be a much better match. I've had the chance to sit in on all kinds of discussions that I wasn't able to before. I've learned a ton about product, design, business, marketing, and legal, all of which is outside my job description. From a sales perspective, the earning potential is high. A younger company also means management is good at trying to attract/retain talent, so if you prove yourself valuable and full of initiative, there are friendly people waiting, snacks in the kitchen, drinks in the fridge, at least a couple social activities every month, etc.

Cons

Benefits aren't great yet, but I know that's actively being worked on as we continue to grow. Sometimes the smaller body of people means it's hard to find someone available to help with something you can't handle. That's not anyone's fault of course, as all the department heads probably put in 80 hours/week––it's just something you have to factor into your workflow.

10. 5.0

I Bleed Orange!

Jun 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Socio's motto is "We care." I think it would be cheesy or disingenuous coming from pretty much any other company, but here, it's really true. The entire team puts our customers first and works closely together to do so. We are honest and transparent to the point of being blunt, and it's actually really refreshing and productive. The culture is exuberantly fun - when we have company get-togethers I love going because I love everyone on the team! Also, I am so impressed by what the management/founders have built and how they continue to hire great people. The success Socio has seen already is only the beginning - I'm beyond grateful to be a part and excited to contribute with everything I've got!

Cons

I certainly wouldn't mind more benefits! I think I would die of hunger without the free snacks, but I would appreciate boring stuff like 401k matching. I am sure more options will come as the company grows.

11. 5.0

They're going places

Jun 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

A true start-up, this is an incredible place to work with lot of thoughtfulness, energy, and creativity. Unlike other companies in this stage, Socio is very clear in where they are headed and are realistic in what they want to achieve and when. Leadership works alongside everyone else, are the first to admit they don't know everything, and open to learning from everyone. There are some interesting perks: unlimited PTO & sick days, PTO minimum, social outings (women's group, charity work, ping-pong tourneys, etc), free snacks/drinks, free parking, books and networking opportunities.

Cons

Growing pains - Traditional benefits - health insurance offerings, 401k plan, pay schedule/comp plans, etc are all being worked on, but right now, it's pretty sparse.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews