Socio Indianapolis Reviews
100% would recommend to a friend
(25 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Found 25 of over 55 reviews
Updated Jul 27, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 29, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
Socio is a place where you can be yourself, make an impact, grow your skills and career, and work with incredible people. And while I hoped Socio would go public someday, I am thrilled to be a part of Cisco. In my last review over 2 years ago, the main con I described was regarding benefits. That certainly improved as the company grew, even before Cisco acquired Socio. And now, benefits are extremely generous and competitive!
Any acquisition is bound to have some bumps, and times where there is an inherent lack of clarity. However, the Cisco team has welcomed Socio very warmly and collaborated with us on a shared vision.
- 5.0Jun 17, 2019Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
As a young company, there is a lot you can do/be trusted to do here. The good news is that you can probably be involved in and learn a lot more than you're used to at other jobs––the bad news is that its age makes it a company with a lot to prove, so coasting (which I would define as clocking in and out and performing your minimum requirements) isn't going to cut it. If that's what you want, you're gonna have a bad time. If you're looking to stretch yourself personally and professionally, this will be a much better match. I've had the chance to sit in on all kinds of discussions that I wasn't able to before. I've learned a ton about product, design, business, marketing, and legal, all of which is outside my job description. From a sales perspective, the earning potential is high. A younger company also means management is good at trying to attract/retain talent, so if you prove yourself valuable and full of initiative, there are friendly people waiting, snacks in the kitchen, drinks in the fridge, at least a couple social activities every month, etc.
Benefits aren't great yet, but I know that's actively being worked on as we continue to grow. Sometimes the smaller body of people means it's hard to find someone available to help with something you can't handle. That's not anyone's fault of course, as all the department heads probably put in 80 hours/week––it's just something you have to factor into your workflow.
- 5.0Jun 19, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
Socio's motto is "We care." I think it would be cheesy or disingenuous coming from pretty much any other company, but here, it's really true. The entire team puts our customers first and works closely together to do so. We are honest and transparent to the point of being blunt, and it's actually really refreshing and productive. The culture is exuberantly fun - when we have company get-togethers I love going because I love everyone on the team! Also, I am so impressed by what the management/founders have built and how they continue to hire great people. The success Socio has seen already is only the beginning - I'm beyond grateful to be a part and excited to contribute with everything I've got!
I certainly wouldn't mind more benefits! I think I would die of hunger without the free snacks, but I would appreciate boring stuff like 401k matching. I am sure more options will come as the company grows.
- 5.0Jun 17, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
A true start-up, this is an incredible place to work with lot of thoughtfulness, energy, and creativity. Unlike other companies in this stage, Socio is very clear in where they are headed and are realistic in what they want to achieve and when. Leadership works alongside everyone else, are the first to admit they don't know everything, and open to learning from everyone. There are some interesting perks: unlimited PTO & sick days, PTO minimum, social outings (women's group, charity work, ping-pong tourneys, etc), free snacks/drinks, free parking, books and networking opportunities.
Growing pains - Traditional benefits - health insurance offerings, 401k plan, pay schedule/comp plans, etc are all being worked on, but right now, it's pretty sparse.
- 5.0Jan 24, 2020Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
- This is the only company I've been apart of that is truly transparent! If you have any questions around how and why decision are being made management will be open and honest - The entire Socio team is willing to go above and beyond for their fellow employees, absolutely amazing culture - The strategy and direction of where Socio is going is amazing. This company is taking off and will explode in 2020 - You have the ability to take on challenges and try new things in your role and potentially wear multiple hats depending on personal goals - The product is far and above anything else in the industry and the customer support makes it a no brainer for new customers
- still growing, so there are start up hiccups - if you aren't comfortable with a startup atmosphere, this wouldn't be for you
- 5.0Jun 19, 2019Sales Development RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
Incredibly easy to make a difference here, and being a start-up allows decisions to made quickly without having to wait for upper management bureaucracy. The work is changing each day, and the people are so passionate that it's really easy to stay engaged on what you're doing here.
It's hard work, not a job that you can coast through by any means - which overall is a pro, but it can drain you if you don't take care of yourself. Benefits are very "start-up." Unlimited PTO, great work remote culture, flexible hours to take care of your personal live. But normal benefits like health insurance, 401k, etc are still lacking.
- 5.0Jun 12, 2019ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIndianapolis, IN
Socio never rests... every department and function is committed to getting better every single day. With world-class clients like Google, Microsoft, Pepsi, EA, the company is growing at quadruple-digits year over year which makes working here very unique. As a teammate, you are given a lot of autonomy which is supported by radical transparency and a very flat hierarchy across the business. This allows you to have all the context needed to make the best decisions to solve for the customer. I have been very lucky to be surrounded by an amazing team that cares very deeply about their work and am incredibly proud of the impact we have on our customers' success, their lives, and careers.
How fast things move can be challenging from time to time.
- 5.0Jun 18, 2019Market Research RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
- Honest, approachable, and hardworking leadership. - Open communication & transparency are valued at Socio more than anything. - Wants & encourages honest feedback from employees. - Energetic, creative, & collaborative environment. - Filled with passionate people that are looking to grow the Socio team & learn more about our industry. - Supports career growth -- if you show that you are going to do great work, your career will grow accordingly.
Being that this a startup environment, lots of processes need to be created and improved upon. Although this is a con, it is also a pro, as any person coming onto the team can bring a new idea to the table and make a big impact in the company.
Socio Reviews FAQs
Employees in Indianapolis have rated Socio with 4.9 out of 5 stars in 25 anonymous Glassdoor reviews. To compare, worldwide Socio employees have given a rating of 4.9 out of 5. Search open jobs at Socio in Indianapolis and find out about the interview experience in Indianapolis or explore more of the top rated companies in Indianapolis.
Socio employees working in Indianapolis rate their compensation and benefits with 4.4 out of 5 stars based on anonymously submitted employee reviews on Glassdoor. This is 4.4% worse than the company average rating of all Socio employees. Browse Socio salaries in Indianapolis to find out how much you could get paid.
Employees in Indianapolis have rated Socio with 4.7 out of 5 for work-life-balance (equal to company-wide rating), 4.6 out of 5 for diversity and inclusion (2.2% lower than company-wide rating), 4.9 out of 5 for culture and values (equal to company-wide rating) and 4.7 out of 5 for career opportunities (equal to company-wide rating).