Sodexo Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sodexo CEO Michel Landel
Michel Landel

Pros
  • Good work life balance if you are in the right job (in 52 reviews)

• Good benefits, growth structure is sound (in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, work-life balance not great (in 53 reviews)

• Busy sometimes long hours / weekends (in 80 reviews)

1. "Transparent"

Current Employee - Cook Ll in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cook Ll in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady work to make ends meet

Cons

Compensation does not match skill set, work ethic, & merit

2. "Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Finance in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Finance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay their management very well with yearly raises with good reviews. Good benefits are available along with paid time off.

Cons

Bonus eligibility if you meet specific criteria. However, budgets are set to favor certain accounts and managers, setting up everyone else to fail. No job security. If the account is lost, you have 28 days before you are terminated. They do not assist to place you elsewhere within the company regardless of how many years of loyal employment. They pay their hourly employees a pathetic hourly rate.

Advice to Management

HR cannot run the company. Quality of service and employee morale is at it's worst. This is why you are loosing accounts and employees are looking elsewhere. Decisions are made by people that have no frontline experience or communication with unit management.

3. "3rd Shift Barista"

Former Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Barista in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Free meal/ drink, daily for full-time employees.
    2. Informed of safety procedures, etc., regularly.
    3. Learn to multi-task at the speed of lightning.
    4. Very few enjoyable, funny coworkers.
    5. More than minimum wage: $7.25/ hour: $9.00/hour; $9.50/ hour (12am- 4am)

Cons

This is not to bash the company (I gave one too many stars to prove it. Lol.) ; I just decided to write a review to upgrade my account to unlimited for free, but luckily that means you still get to receive an inside look on this establishment, which hopefully improves, sooner rather than later. (In doing this review, I am going to be completely honest, so maybe those in charge can find way to improve the establishment’s system. … So, eventually another employee may leave a stellar review detailing those improvements.)
    This is only a reflection of the store I worked at only (Georgia Tech.); I can’t speak for the others.
    1. Mandatory monthly meetings on my off day (30% informing/ updating us on safety procedures; 25% waiting for the leads, supervisors, and manager to finish their meeting; 45% discussing drama about thieves, and hair nets on the floor, etc. found in the locker room.

2. Respect is not given to certain supervisors by employees and leads. Some leads/ supervisors do not have good delegation skills, and others are too aggressive and rude in their tone of voice, demands, and statements to employees and guests (but believe they have the best customer service and are star leads/ supervisors). Smh!

3. Few employees do MOST of the work; others socialize and text in the back, constantly. Leaving the few employees internally frustrated, but maintaining the required great customer service to guests. Also, causing the few employees to seek new employment.

4. Cashier: 45% of the beverages and products aren't in the system, causing employees to ring up multiple or other items that total the amount of the unlisted beverages and products. Then, having to explain that to the guests. ... Most leads and supervisors do not like to count money, so if it comes to having to break a face-value roll of dimes for change or shorting the guest(s) or giving them a quarter instead, well.... the supervisor/ lead will make that decision while operating your register, while on break. Your register can come up short or over because they do not like counting tills before/ after each shift; some employees don't mind it. I did, but I tolerated it.

5. Although it's against company policy (I believe.), we were told to stop selling Frappuccinos and accepting cash payments an hour before close on certain days, confusing the guests who'd come on Tuesdays and could get a Frappuccino at closing with cash, but not the same service on Wednesday. … Some guests made deductions and eventually began coming early on certain days before the hour mark. … According to a coworker and supervisor, doing that had been an issue for the establishment before, but whatevss.

6. We would have to put toppings in cups while still trying to prepare drinks/ meals and bring dishes to the back with 3 people most days, 2 - other days. … Different methods of closing depending on the lead/supervisor.

7. Cleaning up around guests, literally sweeping and mopping centimeters away., leaving 1 person most days at the register and making drinks/ meals.

8. Running out of food, beverages, etc., but there was no indication we had run out and having to explain that to the guests, while hoping they'd choose an option we did have. Organization was off, when it came to things like that.

9. Having to put food in the oven, coffee in cups, etc. while waiting for your coworker to finish sweeping, mopping, and replacing trash around you. ... I guess that's something that you can't change, but it was still a bit annoying.

10. Having guests grow impatient because they've waited for a while for their drink which was 13th in line, and then receive it and it's wrong because your coworker who doesn't take kindly to constructive-criticism or suggestions writes the wrong code in in the drink, syrup, milk box and/ or doesn't write out a cup or bag, at all. … Leaving the guest (s) staring you down until you have stopped or slowed down your productivity to ask them "What did you order, and what is your name?" Just to notice your coworker neglected to take their order down (excusing those who are new and training).

11. Working around coworkers who are training, which ultimately slows down the drink- making, food-warming, etc. process because they haven't quite mastered the fast-paced environment or simply don't care that there's a line out the door because they may not have to personally deal with the guests that particular day.

12. Tap-in-go: Guests will grab the wrong order, causing you to have to make orders over.

13. Guests will come to the barista's side to ask for water, then get upset when they're told they have to wait in a long line for free water, which ultimately also stops/ slows down your productivity because you either have to explain that to multiple guests, or bite the bullet and just make the water hoping that others don't notice and try to do the same thing.

14. Also, with new employees come new issues, sometimes, like food, money, and earphones being stolen from different individuals on several occasions (just to name a few issues)

Welp, there you have it, practically an essay to make you more knowledgeable about Sodexo's Starbucks in Atlanta, GA. I can go on and on in the “cons” department, but I am slightly tired, now, so….

Sodexo is a very strict company, so be very aware of that. The establishment that I worked at had a high turnover rate for many reasons including employees and leads’ hours are cut tremendously during the summer (at this particular location); therefore, most employees look for other employment, whether full-time or part-time.

All of these cons for $9.00/ hour and $9.50/ hour between 12am-4 am, but hey, that's more than minimum wage.
    If only the good outweighed the bad.

Advice to Management

Take heed to the pros and cons of this post. Whatever methods you had been using in the year of 2016, please discard or update them before you continue to lose great and efficient employees. Poor management and work environment will cause the best employees to leave, while the managers are unaware of the main cause of their high turn-over rate. "Nothing burns good employees out quite like overworking them. It's so tempting to work your best people hard that managers frequently fall into this trap. Overworking good employees is perplexing; it makes them feel as if they're being punished for great performance. Overworking employees is also counterproductive. ... More than half of people who leave their jobs do so because of their relationship with their boss. "

"Rapid growth but little mobility for current employees"

Former Employee - Director of Facilities in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director of Facilities in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge, global presence; good benefits; training opportunities; emphasis on diversity and civil rights protection

Cons

Growing too rapidly; cross-division mobility and cooperation poor; too many policies and procedures that aren't standardized; corporate interal website confusing, outdated; lack of personal support; demanding, enormous work load, lack of support; cost-cutting means heavier work load; unrealistic expectations; long hours; poor work-life balance

Advice to Management

Standardize policies and procedures; enable more inter-division mobility and cooperation; better support for and consideration of in-house candidates.for internal positions

5. "General manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great hours and benefits. Well designed systems of technology to use in your everyday job.

Cons

District managers and vice presidents are only focused on money and forget that this is a people business too.

Advice to Management

Take the time to develop and mold your managers so they feel vested in the same company goals you are.

Dec 19, 2016 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. You are right, that Sodexo's business is a people business, so we take this feedback seriously and appreciate your honesty.

6. "General Maintenance"

Former Employee - General Maintenance in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Maintenance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Sodexo is a great full time job . Pay is in my bank account on time .Worked five days a week.Holidays paid. and benefit whit tow weeks paid vacation.

Cons

Sodexo could not afford parts . had to put most of my work orders on hold because of parts not available . I had to work twice as hard because of under staffing 'Sodexo would not employ other staff members to accommodate other buildings being built .

7. "utility worker"

Former Employee - Utility Worker in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Utility Worker in Atlanta, GA

Pros

401k, free lunches,most co workers are east to get along with.

Cons

short staff,unorganized,no opportunity to grow

Oct 31, 2016 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to share, and while it appears you are no longer an employee with Sodexo, I do want to address your feedback about growth. While opportunities will vary by account ... More

8. "Only if you need a job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid every week, super easy job, but that is literally it.

Cons

Very gossipy and cliquish coworkers and management. Coworkers frequently berate and argue with each other, no unity, very backstabbing, ghetto coworkers. If they don't like you they will dedicate EVERY minute to making your job hell, I can't stress this enough. The job itself can be done by anyone, but it has a high school atmosphere with people who are not very educated, with no aspirations. It is a VERY long application process, it takes about two months to get in....for this.....

Advice to Management

Make sure that there is team unity and professionalism, because without this, anyone who is top talent will leave immediately.

9. "Overall"

Current Employee - Unit Controller in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Unit Controller in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sodexo (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technology is update, everything can be found on Sodexo net

Cons

Turnover is high, no growth within the company

Advice to Management

Promote employees from within

Sep 26, 2016 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Hi there- Thank you for your many years of service at Sodexo and for your feedback. If you are still a current employee, I highly recommend reaching out to your manager or HR to discuss your career ... More

10. "Ok job"

Current Employee - Wait Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wait Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time

Pros

There is plenty opportunity for growth. Great Pay. They are family oriented; will work with you to set the perfect schedule.

Cons

Not organized at all. Needs to improve there payroll department and adjust attitudes.

Showing 28 of 2,469 reviews