Sodexo Reviews in Waltham, MA | Glassdoor

Michel Landel

1. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Student Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Student Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in. People are friendly and willing to help and you meet all kinds of different people

Cons

Lots of people complain about food you serve even when you did not make it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the students who have the ideas about what we should and should not be making, as they are the customers.

2. "Senior Director"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Waltham, MA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous collaboration with fellow employees
    Great client base with a solid reputation
    Global scale for limitless growth

Cons

Recent 'transformation' saw the elimination of 1800+ positions including mine

3. "Student Employee"

Former Employee - Student Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Student Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Laid-back Management that was very flexibile

Cons

No training provided for any of my responsibilities

5. "I work as a cashier for Sodexo. I have been working at Sodexo full-time more than 1/2 sometimes not enough hours"

Current Employee - Cashier in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm now 24, but I've been working since a year 1/2 after I turned 25. My Supervisor is incredibly Lazy and the only way for me to get a raise is to quote "get out of my comfort zone" even though my boss tells me time and time again how I'm doing an exceptional job. I'm working at Einstein Bagels because they're really chaotic, there's a lot people running around all over the place I suggested closing recently, which is definitely more my style although most of my co-workers are fantastic and I can't complain about them.

Cons

Stress can be an ongoing nightmare. There is always an upside and a downside. Employees are the biggest headache, from having to pay Workman's comp, carrying insurance on them and they don't care enough to show up for work, then you have to cover for them. What keeps me up at night is bidding on a contract that I really want to get, the uncertainty of what is going to happen. Don't really think that I would have done anything differently, the mistakes that you make is what helps you grow as long as you learn from your mistake and not repeat it.

Advice to Management

In most cases being a good boss means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way.Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.

6. "Area Support Manager"

Former Employee - Area Support Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Area Support Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work in a team based environment supporting accounts at various locations across the United States. Excellent salary and benefits. All expenses paid while traveling, even Delta Sky Club membership.

Cons

Being away from home other than on weekends, sometimes had to work in areas I did not feel comfortable in by myself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

7. "SRC Representative for healthcare food service"

Current Employee - SRC Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - SRC Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a SRC, the work can sometimes be very easy. You can take care of online tasks in between calls.

Cons

High stress during peak hours of the day and a management team that not only not contributes to the overall function of the department but actually impedes it.

8. "Not bad if you're an aggressive white male..."

Former Employee - Chef Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Chef Manager in Waltham, MA

Pros

Can be left to work independently if you strive on that condition.

Cons

Promotions based on politics, not performance.
    Pay based on race/gender.
    Expected to work greater than 50 hrs per week on salary, and attend regular meetings (approx. monthly) in the evenings in addition to these hours. Meetings can be over an hour's drive w/no mileage paid, and be up to three hours long.

Advice to Management

Get into the 21st century and give women/minorities equal pay/advancement potential - and not just for appearance in regions where it's been a legal issue - actually get behind the theory.

Showing 7 of 2,361 reviews