Soe Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

Found 9 reviews

2.8
Marc Fratello
  1. "Still has a startup atmosphere and energy, but now with deeper pockets."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Soe Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very heterogeneous technologies. Fluid working environment with a lot of potential for cross boundary work. Now picking up a lot more international work (as of April 2013). Election night is crazy--company does a good job of stocking us up with food and games for a long day.

Cons

With the good (high energy startup mentality), comes the bad--it can get chaotic. Sometimes ideas are heavily worked on for weeks and then put on the back burner or quickly dropped.

Advice to Management

Make a better effort at building team culture--not necessarily expensive, fancy team-building stuff, but maybe a family picnic, or a afternoon trip to a ball game.

Soe Software2013-04-18
  2. "Up and Coming Software Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Soe Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Health, vision, and dental benefits with short term and long term disability plus free life insurance and a 401K plan with a employer match.

Cons

Because it is a small company each person wears many hats and fulfills numerous roles.

Advice to Management

Give annual reviews and base raises upon performance. Also give bonuses based on performance.

Soe Software2017-11-29
  3. "dir of hr"

I worked at Soe Software

Pros

Excellent place to work... Great employees

Cons

Ownership of company is a problem...

Soe Software2016-06-10

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Soe Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people were a pleasure to work with. The pay was average and the hours were very flexible.

Cons

The management was almost non existing from a standpoint of being helpful. So many projects were a mess and the development staff warned of this most of the time only to be constantly disregarded by all management. It seemed as if us developers were just employed as a “smoke and mirrors” technique because it didn't seem like anyone cared about a quality software product just a payment from the client.

Advice to Management

Our advice has fallen only on deaf ears for the duration of my employment.

Soe Software2015-03-07

"Great coworkers and environment, painfully terrible upper management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Soe Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fantastic and kept me wanting to come to work every day. They actually kept me there for as long as I stayed. The pay was average for a software company in Tampa.

Cons

Upper management was a joke. Very hands-off when it came to employee satisfaction and relationships, not even certain the competence of some of them. The office runs on politics and previously formed friendships. I saw few raises in the company and no bonuses. Projects are always late. The CEO jumped ship to work for our parent company and then the VP who took his spot left the company entirely shortly after.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. They can live in their naivety.

Soe Software2014-10-07

"very much in transition, and still 'flying by the seat of their pants' but now without a compass"

I worked at Soe Software full-time

Pros

Beautiful office location - kudos there. And the arrive/leave times are very flexible. There are several indicators which say this company *could* be something. But without a major change in personnel and a real vision it simply won't happen. And with the people they have brought on recently that change wont happen. They tout several million $$ in new investment. How much of the $$ will actually go toward development...

Cons

A lot of management with a stick instead of leading with a carrot. Spain trying to recoup their investment in the company. The big investment $$ just means increased scrutiny of the employees who are viewed as interchangeable. You have 2 different cultures clashing here and any employee who 'cares' about company culture and environment is going to be very unhappy since its not a case of it being 'the best of both...

Advice to Management

Company has no values and no vision. No real direction except to mitigate any customer problems before they hit the press. You are a group of people trying to build a million dollar house with a 100k budget with no blueprint to guide you. Lots of potential with the only real solution being to work the "'good' people at 200% and hope you don't have a major issue blow up in your face publicly.

Soe Software2014-09-13

"Talk about going downhill."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Soe Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have free paid coffee coming now. There is a chance the company could become a good place to work again. I'm hoping so anyway.

Cons

In the past 6 months we had the CEO get promoted to GM, then fired. Saw the VP of Sales get promoted to GM, then fired. Saw the other VP's stripped of their power. We were told that the company would be growing. But yet no one is being hired. Several others have left, but with no one else getting hired we are forced to do more with less. And it only seems to be getting worse and worse. Don't expect any sort of benefits...

Advice to Management

Hire people. Improve 401k to something actually useful.

Soe Software2014-04-04

"Great co-workers, other areas need improvement"

Current Employee -  in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Soe Software

Pros

Some of the smartest, hardest working people you will ever work with. The talent at this company is unmatched.

Cons

The company suffers from lack of vision, planning, and communication from management. Luckily, the tremendous talent and work ethic from non-management employees drives the business forward. There are too many failed experiments that cost valuable human resources, time, and so on. Roll out of new features and products need more resources, time, and careful consideration of all market factors.

Advice to Management

Improve communication across the board. Develop a corporate vision and mission. Plan carefully to avoid wasting time on projects. Examine workflows and improve efficiency, where possible. Make adequate resources available to execute short term and long term vision.

Soe Software2010-04-26
    • "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Taipei

I have been working at Soe Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working hours basing on project status

Cons

Unbalanced workload and insufficient communication among employees

Soe Software2016-12-30