Sofology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2019

Found 130 reviews

3.7
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Love speaking to the customers and finding them their perfect sofa(in 10 reviews)

• "Fab working environment, fun and friendly : ) we have a great team here too so makes working so nice(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I worked in customer service at the head office(in 7 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 7 reviews)

1. "I enjoyed working here, but needed a better work life balance also didn’t appreciate the way sales were tracked"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management always willing to take time to hear staff out, they help as much as they are able to Generous bonus structure Friendly fun and professional working environment Team and individual incentives offered regularly Great discounts on various stores/websites/partner companies Dental and health care plans available New CEO has made a lot of positive changes to the company Good digital platforms to access...

Cons

Bank holidays and weekends are a must Pressure on staff to sell but don’t want them to be pushy with customers Even if you hit the sales targets given, staff are only given bonuses according to if they reach the minimum targets for the stores net promotor score Scope for progression is tough, they will usually look to promote one person at a time per store which can take up to 2 years. As well as sales targets you...

Sofology2019-06-12
  2. "Happy to work here"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Paisley, Scotland

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great potential to make money. Like the company concept and values. Fun place to work.

Cons

Working every weekend no negotiations on that front I know it’s retail but every other big retailer I’ve worked for has allowed a bit of flex to be completely honest to many staff at the weekend.

Advice to Management

Enough staff to have one weekend off a month

Sofology2019-06-01
  3. "Don't do it!!!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

Some of the guys are sound you work with.

Cons

Bad management,bad pay,bad equipment, will employ anybody despite being utter rubbish, people in higher roles that ain't got a clue ,if you fit in with management you will be ok ,staff treated differently.

Sofology2019-06-09

Sofology Response

June 10, 2019

Hi there, Really sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please pop us an email at recruitment@sofology.co.uk. Many thanks

4. "A breath of fresh air. I love it."

Current Employee - Sofologist in Gateshead, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having come from a different industry I had no idea what to expect however I was surprised just how great it is to work here. The staff are great, management really have your back too. The pay varies on store performance, basic salary is what you would expect but some months you can have some amazing payslips. Really gives you a sense of pride taking that money home to your family. If you have the right attitude...

Cons

Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry. However it’s not great especially if you have kids. Having said that though, the management are actively listening and doing things based on what we tell them and I have no doubts this will be addressed at some point. It’s a pretty minor con on the overall scale of things and I have faith things can only get better.

Advice to Management

Lots of progress has been made and they genuinely listen and change things based on what we tell them. Keep it up because it’s a fantastic place to work.

Sofology2019-05-02
  5. "Liars liars liars liars liars"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly team good colleagues in store

Cons

Bonus payout is a con. Works on a sliding scale of percentages such as conversion linked to pay. Which means the more people who walk through your door the less bonus you get.

Advice to Management

Too busy looking after themselves so no point

Sofology2019-05-25

Sofology Response

June 10, 2019

6. "Nice company to work at"

I worked at Sofology full-time

Pros

Good bonus scheme in place

Cons

under a lot of pressure

Sofology2019-05-02
  7. "Sofology Rotherham"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have an exceptional manager. He is consistent and fair minded manager that is always willing to support his staff in their success. He is open minded and driven and keeps the staff up to date on team performance and new information. The management team work hard and well together for the benefit of all.. It is unusual in today’s retail environment but I must say it’s a pleasure to work in this store!

Cons

My only concern was that my expenses claim took a while to be paid. But this was more about understanding the system procedure. The manager did everything possible to resolve the issue.

Advice to Management

Continue what they’re doing passionately, “ You said we did!”

Sofology2019-04-09
  8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Golborne, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for with lots of room to progress within the business. Managers are very friendly and are on hand to help.

Cons

working till 8 on some shifts

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Sofology2019-04-02
  9. "Customer Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Golborne, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

The people are friendly. Help is always given if you ask for it. Always a nice atmosphere

Cons

Could all communicate a little better

Advice to Management

not applicable

Sofology2019-03-26
  10. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Blackburn, England

I worked at Sofology part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great bonuses to earn every month, friendly environment with no commission pressure

Cons

Have to work every weekend and evening shifts also.

Sofology2019-02-20