Soft Tech Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Christine Do

1. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly environment great work locations

Cons

None that I can think of

"Soft Tech Consulting Review"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great small company feel where the CEO is highly involved in all facets of the corporation, be it the team members, customers, contracts and more. Excellent work/life balance. Flat organization with very little hierarchy so that all employees work hand in hand with each other as peers, not subordinates. Open door policy for concerns or issues. Seasonal events to bring everyone together. Continued corporate growth with new contract awards on long term contracts.

Cons

While having happy customers is critical to any corporation's success, sometimes it is ok to say no to specific position requests when the requirements/qualifications are not viable. In the long run, the customer may appreciate the transparency and refine requirements with realistic expectations to ensure win/win.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with motivating team members and ensuring that the value add of each employee is recognized, appreciated and best utilized.

3. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Bethesda, MD

Pros

The CEO is very supportive. She works closely and taking care of her employees to make sure they are backed up at their on-site workplace.

Cons

Smaller in scale compared to other large consulting companies.

"Great Company and Team"

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting full-time

Pros

My colleagues at Soft Tech are some of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. The CEO truly cares about the people who work here and makes a point to put effort into creating a supportive community. Management across the board maintains an open door policy and creates a work place where ideas and opinions are taken into account and valued.
    In addition, Soft Tech fosters an amazing work-life balance - you aren't just a worker here, you're a valued teammate and your life outside of work matters just as much.

Cons

Fostering the Soft Tech community can be challenging, given the typical woe of a contractor - holding projects across the region/country, meaning employees are spread out and often don't work face-to-face. To combat this challenge, Soft Tech headquarters has made a point to hold occasional company gatherings, which really do bring people together in a positive way to foster lasting relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's refreshing to be part of an organization that actually cares about the people who make it run.

"Typical Contracting Headaches"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at Soft Tech Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beat my Salary Requirement by 2k. Received a 1.5k raise. Allowed us to go into negative PTO during the 2014 Federal government sequestration.

Cons

Recruiter told me that I was being contracted for one year on a Muliyear contract that had just been renewed. First day on the job my Project Manager informed me that I was on a separate task order and was being contracted for two months at a time.

Advice to Management

Be honest and straightforward about the length of service on contracts. People are planning their lives around the length of contracts and also considering employment offers based on length of contracts, salaries, and benefits.

Soft Tech Consulting Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your constructive feedback on Soft Tech’s recruiting efforts. We’re sorry to hear about any confusion or disappointment surrounding your experience. As a small business that focuses ... More

"Keep your options open avoid working here if possible."

Pros

Despite the issues with HR I did get paid on time ..

Cons

The human resources department is unorganized .The overall management is unprofessional .

If you are thinking about starting a contract with this company don't believe nothing they tell you about keeping you employed .

Soft Tech Consulting Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

We are disappointed to hear that you felt you had a negative experience during your time working with Soft Tech. One of our top priorities is to make sure our employees are supported and welcome ... More

"Fantastic CEO and Admin Staff"

I worked at Soft Tech Consulting full-time

Pros

Very efficient flat org structure at this growing Fed IT contracting firm so it makes for easy employee access to mgmt for meaningful communication with the folks who are decision makers. Supportive environment and the top mgmt, including (especially) the CEO have a real connection with those of us in the field on client sites. Very competitive salary structure.

Cons

Employee benefits are avg. at best and as a smaller company, when compared to the big Fed govt. consulting firms, Soft Tech has to limit any bench time between contract assignments. If you leave a contract site and nothing is quickly available, you're gone... as is the case at many such firms. Just fyi.

Advice to Management

Keep up efforts at the personal touch with clients and employees. Don't ever lose the personal touch with employees. It is rare and therefore priceless.

"Great company, wonderful owner."

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner really cares about the employees and the company is growing every year.

Cons

It is still a small company so no room for bench if a contract is cancelled or lost.