Softheon Reviews | Glassdoor

Eugene Sayan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Software Engineering"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All around great company to work. While focusing and pivoting around ACA and exchanges, the company has started to diversify in other areas such as Medicaid. Management is growing and settling; a lot of young managers but really smart and hard working leadership. They practice what they preach.

Cons

Not much of cons. We can use more training as the business is growing and expanding to other areas. And yes the hours are long but rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Softheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing other then you get a paycheck on time

Cons

Too many...
    - Management is hopeless, don't expect anything from them. They are busy in filling up their pockets by cutting the employees bonuses and annual raises.
    - The company does not care about the employees.
    - Doesn't matter how hard the employees work, they can never be appreciated.
    - Because of the poor and micromanagement, all talented employees have left the company.
    - Management often was not able to help out when needed

Advice to Management

Work more with employees instead of just pushing off the work and expecting them to handle it.

3. "Product Manager"

I worked at Softheon full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow in a fast paced agile work environment. Flexible to move in different positions and experience what you like.

Cons

Long working hours that don't stop.

4. "No place like this!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Softheon is a place where you are encouraged to follow your passion and ideas. If you want a place to grow a career, work on cool projects, and enjoy yourself while your doing it, than this is the place.
    Like many places, the people are what makes Softheon really special. They come from all different walks of life, but all have the same passion and desire to solve complex problems.

Benefits & Perks are also great!

Cons

You are given a lot of responsibility, and are held accountable for your job, and some people don't succeed in that kind of environment. At Softheon, you cannot be afraid to fail.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, they are in the trenches and know a lot!

5. "The ideal place to work hard, grow and succeed"

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Softheon is the ideal modern day workplace. I am so thankful that Softheon gave me the opportunity to begin my career with such a forward-thinking, agile company. As opposed to the standard 9-5 and uptight corporate environment, Softheon is a place that you go to collaborate as part of a team and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You are given the opportunity to truly own key aspects of the business and drive company initiatives. There are no egos at Softheon and everone is truly pushing for each other to succeed on a daily basis.

Softheon is the ideal place for the hungry, hard working individual who is not afraid of taking risks and putting in the extra time. You will never come to work counting down the hours on the clock. Often times you hope for the clock to reset so you can keep going and get more done. Softheon rewards those who work hard and take ownership of deliverables. Daily, you are given the opportunity to make a true difference in the company and amongst your peers.

I was given my start at Softheon and I would recommend this company to anyone who is willing to work hard, take nothing for granted and make a difference. While there may be some uncertainty around healthcare, Softheon thrives on change and is ready to lay the track for the future of the industry. The time is now to become a part of the Softheon team.

Cons

With anything that is worthwhile, sacrifice is something that is required of a Softheon employee. There will be late nights and high-stress situations, however, it is all worth it in the end. There is a mental challenge that is presented each day that you will need to conquer to truly succeed. Softheon is not the place for someone who wants to work the 9-5 job with a rigid job description.

Growth is sometimes painful due to rising expectations from clients and limited resources. This is all part of the progression to becoming an industry leader.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring hungry and innovative individuals to lead the future of healthcare. Stay the path and keep offering employees the opportunity for personal growth through incentives, favorable policies and a "google-like" environment. This is the ideal modern day company.

6. "Exciting Times Ahead"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's an Agile company in the truest sense. Softheon will make every attempt to make sure each employee is a fit to the role they work in. They quickly understand if things are not working properly and make necessary changes. This is true not just for the product but also for the entire organization in general.

They have an open door policy. Management encourages the employees to come up with new idea and they will support you to do so. CEO keeps on saying that he wants to be the dumbest person in the room and encourage everyone to challenge his decision.

Softheon has extremely hardworking and talented employees.

This is an exciting industry to be and Softheon is extremely lucky to be the one of the major player in the industry. Exciting times ahead.

LA Fitness membership :).

Cons

Extended working hours are not a rate thing, but a regular practice.
    Compensation could definitely be improved.
    No Work from Home policy.

Advice to Management

Sometimes changes happen quite frequently, we can slow.
    Keep up the good work.
    We have grown enough to move to a single location. The headcount will continue increasing.
    It's time we think of the Work From Home Policy.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Pros

Decent compensation package and catered lunches

Cons

Terrible management, not much room for growth, poor HR, uncomfortable culture, high turnover rate, false reviews online

Advice to Management

Those in senior management contribute to the high turnover rate. Pick management and HR roles much wiser.

Feb 15, 2017 – Founder & CEO

Foremost, appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism.

It is true that Softheon has a demanding (and to a some uncomfortable) yet rewarding culture. Just as your most memorable teacher... More

"Softheon Pros/Cons"

Pros

Very rewarding place to work and always challenged.

Cons

Long work hours at times.

Nov 2, 2016 – Founder & CEO

We love the quote by Simon Sinek "When we work hard on something we believe in, it's called passion. When we work hard on something we don't believe in, it's called stress" Having said... More

9. "Challenges You to be Better"

I have been working at Softheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Softheon works incredibly hard. There is definitely a sense of community across our team. We all spend so much time together your coworkers start to become like family. You definitely need to be driven to succeed here, but if you're passionate and willing to learn about a new industry, there is a lot of room to grow and succeed at Softheon.

Cons

At times, it can be an intense work environment with long hours. It is easy to get overwhelmed and stressed, but the HR department tries hard to keep everyone happy with lots of food, snacks, and activities.

Advice to Management

Make sure to stop and reflect on your team's successes instead of just pushing forward to the next project.

Nov 2, 2016 – Founder & CEO

Almost everyone at Softheon has a one major flow, that is we are all very passionate about what we do. At times, it can be stressful and overwhelming.

With the ground rule of "Stand Tall... More

10. "Great Experience!"

I worked at Softheon part-time

Pros

Learned about the process and great food!

Cons

Wish I can get to know all different departments and what they do better

Advice to Management

Keep up with the social activities and the drive for innovation and teamwork

Nov 2, 2016 – Founder & CEO

Thank you for the advice. We are grateful for all you have done at Softheon, and wishing you nothing but the best with what's ahead.