Softheon Reviews | Glassdoor

Eugene Sayan

1. Featured Review

"Move Over Google"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities
    Great Mobility
    Great Team
    The work we do matters
    Great opportunities for charitable endeavors and R&R
    More than just a job
    We seem to learn from other companies that came before, or are currently successful, and try to implement the best elements from each

Cons

Big commitment
    The work we do has real consequences

Advice to Management

This company has evolved in my short time here, we are heading in the right direction.

Nov 2, 2016 – Founder & CEO

"People need to work in a vibrant, challenging, exciting environment. I think Softheon has that in spades. We don't make silly apps, we make real software that impacts many people's lives for the ... More

"Softheon"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Company to work for!
    I love to be part of Softheon! There care about they employees, they give us Lunch (great lunch) and Snacks (yummy snacks) everyday =)
    Softheon is a great place to work for!

Cons

Its not challenge a lot!
    I like everything about my job and my co-workers.
    Softheon is a great place to be working for.

Advice to Management

My manager is great! Everybody is friendly.
    Softheon is a Great Company!

Nov 2, 2016 – Founder & CEO

We think you are GREAT too.. :)

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Pros

Decent compensation package and catered lunches

Cons

Terrible management, not much room for growth, poor HR, uncomfortable culture, high turnover rate, false reviews online

Advice to Management

Those in senior management contribute to the high turnover rate. Pick management and HR roles much wiser.

Feb 15, 2017 – Founder & CEO

Foremost, appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism. It is true that Softheon has a demanding (and to a some uncomfortable) yet rewarding culture. Just as your most memorable teacher ... More

5. "Great place to start and continue a career."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Softheon is a place that will allow you to follow your passion, and take the lead on projects and initiatives. You will work with a hard working, dedicated group of people, who all have the same common goal.

Biggest Pro may be the various events and things that the company hosts. From Softheon Olympics to the daily catered lunch's, this place really cares about their employees, and has a fun and active culture.

Cons

Like most job's, you will be asked to give it your all. You need a certain mindset to work here, and if you don't have it, you will struggle.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the team. Continue to promote the culture and encourage all employees to find their passion at Softheon.

6. "Summer at Softheon"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Pros

- The company has a wonderful team environment.
    - Everything is very fast paced, so I learned a lot very quickly.
    - Softheon takes a lot of measures to ensure that employees are comfortable and happy in the workplace.
    - Lunch is catered in everyday and there are tons of snacks available all day long
    - Everybody is very accessible, including upper management

Cons

We are located in a shared building, so common spaces (lobby, break rooms, bathrooms, etc.) are all shared with building personnel and other small companies.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, make sure that you don't lose the team environment! That is part of what makes Softheon so special, but it will get harder to maintain as the company gets larger.

Aug 15, 2016 – Founder & CEO

Although CEWIT has been an amazing facility, we hope to break ground on Softheon Building sometime soon. It will be an amazing facility, nothing short of Google or Facebook - that is our commitment ... More

7. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Web Development Intern in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Web Development Intern in Stony Brook, NY

Pros

1. Great work environment (very supportive and family-like)
    2. Great people
    7. Ability for Growth
    8. Ability to move positions/ responsibilities
    9. Softheon provides lunch every day
    10. There's a wall of snacks and stocked fridge for all
    11. Company-Wide events & Softheon Olympics (for more info you should apply!!)
    12. Ability to talk directly to the company's CEO
    13. Get to know everyone in the company

Cons

1. Not a large company (could be a pro for some)
    2. Located in a building that's not their own (need permission to do company-wide events)

Advice to Management

I never encountered any problems with management during my time here, so my advice to them would be to just keep doing what you are doing.

Aug 15, 2016 – Founder & CEO

One of our rules at Softheon is: STAND TALL, DON'T LOOK DOWN! Stand Tall - because we are very proud of the innovation, hard work, and commitment to enable million+ people access to ... More

8. "Cool company, casual atmosphere, great learning experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Stony Brook, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Stony Brook, NY

Pros

As an intern, there are a lot of things that Softheon does really well. It creates a cool atmosphere among its employees. It's super casual. There's not a strict hierarchy, and I never felt like superiors pulled rank on me, which created an air of openness. As a result of this, it's easy to take initiatives. If you're coding, and there's a software platform you want to explore and implement, you are totally free to pitch it to your superiors, learn, and use it. If you want a look at healthcare and software development, this is a cool place to get the exposure.

Cons

Location. If you're not on Stony brook's campus or in Suffolk County, it's not exactly in the center of things.

Advice to Management

While a lot of the currently implemented technologies are really modern, I would recommend having interns work on updating some of the more dated technologies that are still used by the company.

Aug 15, 2016 – Founder & CEO

I sense we got only 4 stars because of our location; and, you are right about Stony Brook. It is not in the center of things. Then again it is a good place to plant some roots and to raise a family ... More

9. "Challenging yet Rewarding"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stony Brook, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a Software Engineer that has been working at Softheon for 2.5 years. Softheon provides a unique experience to learn and continue to learn about the aspects of software engineering -- and I do mean LEARN. This is all done in fast-paced team environment. You may be working on one portion of the software stack but you will most certainly be exposed to its components.

There are several opportunities to be challenged and challenge yourself. It is rewarding to see what you and your team are capable of and what you can create.

Cons

Occasionally it may be difficult to prioritize work.

These may be considered cons to people who are unprepared: Work hard, take criticism and think.

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate company culture.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain experience in a fast paced environment. There are some great opportunities to get a wide range of experience and become a well-rounded employee.

Cons

Hours can be very long, with tight deadlines and short timelines, but this teaches you to become flexible and adaptable to difficult situations.

Advice to Management

Encourage more growth opportunities, help employees find what they love, and continue to build and foster company culture.

Feb 1, 2016 – Founder & CEO

As Peter Drucker once said "Culture eats strategy for breakfast", we are in agreement on the culture aspect. Thanks again for the feedback. Walk in, call, or email your ideas on how to make us ... More

"Managing Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

I have been working at Softheon (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth. If you have the desire to succeed and work hard you will be rewarded for your efforts. Softheon is a growing company in the industry and presents a great opportunity for career growth to some experienced or even non experienced professionals. Culture is important at Softheon and if you are willing to find a passion in something you do there is a role within this organization.

Cons

This is not a typical 9-5 job. There can be long days but the rewards outweigh the hours. With clients across the country not all are on the same work schedule so there are times when late nights are required.

Advice to Management

Keep building the senior management team.

Jan 28, 2016 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are committed to creating career growth opportunities for our employees and helping employees finding what they are passionate about. We appreciate our ... More