Software Guidance & Assistance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Peter H. Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Art of Technical Recruitment at an organization that actually cares"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Sr. Recruiter who came to Software Guidance & Assistance with prior experience in technical recruiting, I can say that their structure, training, support and way of conducting business was a breath of fresh air. Personally, I believe that recruiters either make or break themselves. However, Software Guidance & Assistance does their part to make sure that before they send a recruiter off on their own, that they are prepared and set up for success. Then, it is up to the recruiter whether they are successful or not.

Software Guidance & Assistance really sets themselves apart from their competition by really focusing on preparing and setting up their recruiters for success - from the very start with their detailed training program, to providing an administrative team for support (so that the recruiters can focus on recruiting and not formatting resumes, entering interviews in the system, etc.), to having a large sales/business development team with a collective book of business that never leaves the recruiters short of requirements to work on. In my opinion, Software Guidance & Assistance really does care about ensuring the success of each employee and pushes them to be the best they can be by providing many different tools to aid them in getting there.

Software Guidance & Assistance is continually expanding into new locations, which is further growing their book of business, clientele and the markets in which they work. There are plenty of opportunities to relocate or advance within the organization – if that is something that is attractive to you. As a Sr. Recruiter in a remote office, I can say that if you are doing your job well, there is little to no micromanagement.

Overall, Software Guidance & Assistance is a great place to work for anyone who wants a professional yet friendly environment, excellent support system and a plethora of opportunities to grow as a professional. This is definitely a career type of environment and not “just another job” environment – there are many employees that have been with the company 10+ years.

Cons

If you are looking for a high base salary from the start, without putting in your fair share of effort, recruiting may not be the right industry for you. While the base salary may not be as high as other agencies, Software Guidance & Assistance has a decent commission structure and offers bonus programs as well as other opportunities to exponentially increase your salary. Your success or failure in this industry really depends on how much effort you put in and your dedication to your personal success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but perhaps look in to identifying and implementing a bonus/incentive program that actually rewards exemplary performance for leads/recruiters/sales/business development/admins/etc. Employees that consistently go above and beyond SGA expectations should be rewarded from time to time.

"Micromanagement City, I wish I had never gone with this firm. But it's the reason why I left the business"

Former Employee - Sales Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing I can think of, it's a "churn and burn" atmosphere, stay away, there are good places to work, and bad, this is bad

Cons

Micromanagement, No social life, no life, "all for them, none for all" atmosphere, the owners, The Magnificent Seven so they are called will take your clients, I don't know anyone who works there past 6 months, the owners will drive you nuts

Advice to Management

Hire a firm and have them fire the 7 and 2 owners, and get real!

Nov 2, 2016 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

i never received a response back as i previously flagged this This is not a recent employee. It has inaccurate information and no positive. It is not a constructive review and not current. .

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Tampa, FL

Pros

Well run family company, excellent benefits, good culture, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Once you build your book of business it's then hard to take time off without having to address client/candidate issues while your away.

4. "Recruiter"

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time

Pros

It was a very focused position that kept you busy. Fair pay for new hires and opportunity to grow if apply yourself

Cons

Many people are to themselves, not a place to make bonds with coworkers. Beside that no compalints

Advice to Management

More coworker interaction or workshop with workers

Sep 14, 2016 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

SGA works hard to have bonding activities and will continue to make sure everyone feels included. Tonight we are having a shower for a long term employee and 42 of our 50 employees in Tarrytown are... More

"IT Recruiter"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

I have worked at SGA for almost two years now. The pros:

A phenomenal IT recruitment training program. While it can take some time before you join a team due to the awesome, but rather extensive training, you can still start sourcing for candidates within a week or two and get deals. There are a number of senior recruiters who earn well over 100K here and plenty of mid-tier earners have reached the 60-100K+ range. If you prefer to work in sales, account managers can earn significantly more than 100-150K once they've established themselves.

There are advancement opportunities here as well, such as team leadership roles. And as the company is growing and expanding to other states and more clientele demands greater sales and recruitment personnel, there are also administrative opportunities, as well as internship opportunities at SGA.

This is a great place to work for anyone who wants a professional work space, excellent support to help you grow as a recruiter or account managers

Perhaps most notably, the senior management team and team leads are honestly committed to ensuring the success of new trainees, as well as junior and senior recruiters. Every lead I've had has been excellent, and with each review I learn more about where I can improve as a recruiter.

Cons

If you're the kind of individual who has a low tolerance for change, I'd steer away from recruitment. The reality is you will lose candidates you didn't expect to at times or struggle to make placements, especially as a junior recruiter. It can can be a stressful job at times, and more so depending on your attitude.

"Great work/life"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bronx, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff
    Helpful staff
    Fun atmosphere
    Team building exercises and outings
    Reasonable about work/life expectations

Cons

Quotas
    Make you feel replaceable
    Revolving door of employees
    Pay
    Owner is evil but she is rarely if ever at any office

Advice to Management

Don't make employees feel so on edge about job security. The quotas are pushed and if you don't make them your job is questionable. The staff and mgmt. are friendly and nice and understanding of family life so long as you don't abuse it. My main quam is my job didn't always feel secure. And when they fired it happened in waves so you would sit and wonder am I next. But the work atmosphere was great and they try to team build and bond which I loved.

Nov 2, 2016 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

Thank you. We have taken your suggestions and try to make sure no one is uncertain about their job security, It is great you are able to note the positives of working here and we continue to look... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Great place to work, very friendly colleagues and excellent commission structure. Management gives employees a chance to get on their feet and plenty of time to start producing.

Cons

Nothing bad to really say. Besides maybe not opening an office in some tropical location so i could work from the beach.

Advice to Management

keep it up

"SGA is great!"

Former Employee - Administrative Manager in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Manager in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SGA is like a home away from home. They are a family and treat people like a family. This is very important to me since we are at work more than we are home. I have had an amazing experience here. They were very good to me and I couldn't have asked for a better company and management to work for. I am leaving to pursue my legal career and they are extremely supportive of my efforts and have always respected me and my opinion.

SGA is a great place to start a career.One of my favorite aspects of SGA is that they give young professionals their first office job out of school. This is important to me because I know how hard it is to get a job right out of college and SGA gives people a chance. I always found this very inspiring. Not many companies do this.

Overall, SGA has been my favorite place to work. Everyone is respectful and friendly. This would be a great start to any career, and lifelong career as well!

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Be a bit more communicative to all employees, rather than just to other management.

9. "Positive Work Environment - Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Excellent atmosphere of amicable staff who are friendly and welcoming. Encouraging HR & management with genuine interest in your career development. It is a pleasure to work with a team of driven individuals who are pleasant and willing to train new staff. Great benefit programs and ample opportunities to advance within in the company. Excited for advancing my career with SGA!

Cons

It would be nice to have music in the office

Advice to Management

Keep the positivity going!

10. "Great company to work for!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a fresh college graduate or if you are in search for a fresh career move, SGA is the place for you!! I started at SGA straight out of school and spent the next 5 wonderful years learning/earning my through. The staff/management here are second to none and the work environment is fantastic.
    5 years, 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Cons

SGA has been so good to me over the years and they are so well-rounded as a company, I simply have no fault/con to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Best management I have had the fortune of working with.