Software Guidance & Assistance Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company. Lots of great employees that are focused and driven to succeed. Stay focused and you will succeed as well. They treat their employees well and provide lots of opportunities to advance.

Cons

Employee turnover from time to time, but natural for staffing industry. Hours can be long because staffing industry has timely candidates to submit before competitors. If you manage your time wisely, you can easily balance your life.

Advice to Management

I was very happy with management, so I have no complaints or advice. I think the company continues to grow and look after their employees who make an effort to perform for the company.

2. "Worst company I have ever worked for"

Pros

Training in New York and getting them to pay for your food travel. Other than that horrible company. Don’t work here

Cons

No help as a new recruiter, all they care about is you making calls, even if you know it’s a dead end...they don’t care they just want you to smile and dial and leave voicemails all day

Aug 6, 2018 – Employment manager

SGA has a hands-on training program for all new employees. There are clear goals and benchmarks in place in order to progress in and from training. In addition, every employee, at any level, is... More

3. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people who really care about fellow employees! They show tremendous support for everyone, and provided me with the tools to be successful.

Cons

Need to better utilize the talents and strengths of employees

Advice to Management

Recognize that not everyone can wear the same set of hats...

4. "SGA Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time

Pros

SGA has some of the best people I've ever worked with, and I formed lifelong friendships while I was there. The training program is great, you definitely learn the basics of recruiting and how to talk to almost anyone. Nobody's watching/policing the clock, everyone takes lunch and is encouraged to, lots of company camaraderie and chances for bonding.

Cons

Lots of company-wide changes in a short periods of time, and teams are not run the same way which can be confusing/frustrating. There is a lack of training on tech which would be very beneficial to both new and seasoned staff.

Advice to Management

Slow down a little with the changes and listen to your recruiters, they're fantastic and want to work hard to make you (and them) money.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time

Pros

Pay was decent I suppose

Cons

If you enjoy being misled and lied to, this is the firm for you.

Advice to Management

If you think we consultants don't talk about what firm's try to pull over on us, you are surely mistaken.

Oct 13, 2017 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

SGA's dedicated staff of professionals are held to the same ethical principles upon which the company was founded including, "integrity and quality in everything that we do." We are and EEO employer... More

6. "Senior IT Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

Pros

Company has driven employees working for a common goal.

Cons

Minimize the micro managing where possible

Advice to Management

minimize micro managing

Oct 13, 2017 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

Micromanagement is a management style whereby a manager closely observes and/or controls the work of his/her subordinates or employees. SGA sets clear expectations and goals and, while we foster a... More

"A Glimpse into the Culture"

Pros

Long time top leadership who are striving to always improve on the existing culture. All Senior managers participated in a year-long training program to enhance their leadership abilities and create a unified company culture. Internal employees, as well as our consultants, can be assured that their well-being is always a priority.

Cons

You must be able to self-motivated and strive to excel .

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to employees and listen. A work hard play hard philosophy is a great approach and is how to keep the energy level high.

Oct 13, 2017 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

SGA fosters leadership on every level including even the newest employee. Our business is ever challenging and dynamic and opportunity is limitless. Individuals who identify problems and/or... More

8. "The Art of Technical Recruitment at an organization that actually cares"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Sr. Recruiter who came to Software Guidance & Assistance with prior experience in technical recruiting, I can say that their structure, training, support and way of conducting business was a breath of fresh air. Personally, I believe that recruiters either make or break themselves. However, Software Guidance & Assistance does their part to make sure that before they send a recruiter off on their own, that they are prepared and set up for success. Then, it is up to the recruiter whether they are successful or not.

Software Guidance & Assistance really sets themselves apart from their competition by really focusing on preparing and setting up their recruiters for success - from the very start with their detailed training program, to providing an administrative team for support (so that the recruiters can focus on recruiting and not formatting resumes, entering interviews in the system, etc.), to having a large sales/business development team with a collective book of business that never leaves the recruiters short of requirements to work on. In my opinion, Software Guidance & Assistance really does care about ensuring the success of each employee and pushes them to be the best they can be by providing many different tools to aid them in getting there.

Software Guidance & Assistance is continually expanding into new locations, which is further growing their book of business, clientele and the markets in which they work. There are plenty of opportunities to relocate or advance within the organization – if that is something that is attractive to you. As a Sr. Recruiter in a remote office, I can say that if you are doing your job well, there is little to no micromanagement.

Overall, Software Guidance & Assistance is a great place to work for anyone who wants a professional yet friendly environment, excellent support system and a plethora of opportunities to grow as a professional. This is definitely a career type of environment and not “just another job” environment – there are many employees that have been with the company 10+ years.

Cons

If you are looking for a high base salary from the start, without putting in your fair share of effort, recruiting may not be the right industry for you. While the base salary may not be as high as other agencies, Software Guidance & Assistance has a decent commission structure and offers bonus programs as well as other opportunities to exponentially increase your salary. Your success or failure in this industry really depends on how much effort you put in and your dedication to your personal success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but perhaps look in to identifying and implementing a bonus/incentive program that actually rewards exemplary performance for leads/recruiters/sales/business development/admins/etc. Employees that consistently go above and beyond SGA expectations should be rewarded from time to time.

"Micromanagement City, I wish I had never gone with this firm. But it's the reason why I left the business"

Former Employee - Sales Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing I can think of, it's a "churn and burn" atmosphere, stay away, there are good places to work, and bad, this is bad

Cons

Micromanagement, No social life, no life, "all for them, none for all" atmosphere, the owners, The Magnificent Seven so they are called will take your clients, I don't know anyone who works there past 6 months, the owners will drive you nuts

Advice to Management

Hire a firm and have them fire the 7 and 2 owners, and get real!

Nov 2, 2016 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

i never received a response back as i previously flagged this This is not a recent employee. It has inaccurate information and no positive. It is not a constructive review and not current. .

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Tampa, FL

Pros

Well run family company, excellent benefits, good culture, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Once you build your book of business it's then hard to take time off without having to address client/candidate issues while your away.