Software Guidance & Assistance Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Peter H. Taylor
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a fresh college graduate or if you are in search for a fresh career move, SGA is the place for you!! I started at SGA straight out of school and spent the next 5 wonderful years learning/earning my through. The staff/management here are second to none and the work environment is fantastic.
    5 years, 5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Cons

SGA has been so good to me over the years and they are so well-rounded as a company, I simply have no fault/con to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Best management I have had the fortune of working with.

2. "Senior IT Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

Pros

Company has driven employees working for a common goal.

Cons

Minimize the micro managing where possible

Advice to Management

minimize micro managing

Software Guidance & Assistance Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

Micromanagement is a management style whereby a manager closely observes and/or controls the work of his/her subordinates or employees. SGA sets clear expectations and goals and, while we foster a... More

3. "The Art of Technical Recruitment at an organization that actually cares"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Sr. Recruiter who came to Software Guidance & Assistance with prior experience in technical recruiting, I can say that their structure, training, support and way of conducting business was a breath of fresh air. Personally, I believe that recruiters either make or break themselves. However, Software Guidance & Assistance does their part to make sure that before they send a recruiter off on their own, that they are prepared and set up for success. Then, it is up to the recruiter whether they are successful or not.

Software Guidance & Assistance really sets themselves apart from their competition by really focusing on preparing and setting up their recruiters for success - from the very start with their detailed training program, to providing an administrative team for support (so that the recruiters can focus on recruiting and not formatting resumes, entering interviews in the system, etc.), to having a large sales/business development team with a collective book of business that never leaves the recruiters short of requirements to work on. In my opinion, Software Guidance & Assistance really does care about ensuring the success of each employee and pushes them to be the best they can be by providing many different tools to aid them in getting there.

Software Guidance & Assistance is continually expanding into new locations, which is further growing their book of business, clientele and the markets in which they work. There are plenty of opportunities to relocate or advance within the organization – if that is something that is attractive to you. As a Sr. Recruiter in a remote office, I can say that if you are doing your job well, there is little to no micromanagement.

Overall, Software Guidance & Assistance is a great place to work for anyone who wants a professional yet friendly environment, excellent support system and a plethora of opportunities to grow as a professional. This is definitely a career type of environment and not “just another job” environment – there are many employees that have been with the company 10+ years.

Cons

If you are looking for a high base salary from the start, without putting in your fair share of effort, recruiting may not be the right industry for you. While the base salary may not be as high as other agencies, Software Guidance & Assistance has a decent commission structure and offers bonus programs as well as other opportunities to exponentially increase your salary. Your success or failure in this industry really depends on how much effort you put in and your dedication to your personal success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, but perhaps look in to identifying and implementing a bonus/incentive program that actually rewards exemplary performance for leads/recruiters/sales/business development/admins/etc. Employees that consistently go above and beyond SGA expectations should be rewarded from time to time.

4. "Recruiter"

I worked at Software Guidance & Assistance full-time

Pros

It was a very focused position that kept you busy. Fair pay for new hires and opportunity to grow if apply yourself

Cons

Many people are to themselves, not a place to make bonds with coworkers. Beside that no compalints

Advice to Management

More coworker interaction or workshop with workers

Software Guidance & Assistance Response

Sep 14, 2016 – Hd of Recruiting, Social Media

SGA works hard to have bonding activities and will continue to make sure everyone feels included. Tonight we are having a shower for a long term employee and 42 of our 50 employees in Tarrytown are... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Great place to work, very friendly colleagues and excellent commission structure. Management gives employees a chance to get on their feet and plenty of time to start producing.

Cons

Nothing bad to really say. Besides maybe not opening an office in some tropical location so i could work from the beach.

Advice to Management

keep it up