SoftwareONE Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

4.2
SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
  • "Work from home and cab facility(in 42 reviews)

• "Amazing work environment with great culture(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not as such during my tenure at SWO(in 15 reviews)

• "Sometimes work life balance can be a challenge(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 4, 2021 - Solution Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, fun projects and awesome customers, great opportunities to maximize earnings.

Cons

Initial onboarding is a bit of a challenge, but it's worth it.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best People

Mar 12, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The people, the friendships you make here will last forever -The connections and growth I have experienced within the company are incredible -A lot of places talk about the values but at SoftwareONE, it is lived -The leadership team here deeply cares for the people and you can feel it

Cons

-Compensation. Everyone works extremely hard the benefits, culture, and work experience are top-notch. Salaries do not necessarily reflect the amount of work and overachieving that some do.

3 people found this review helpful

Chief HR Officer

I loved reading this review and the feedback. It gives us fuel to do more - thank you. I also recognise compensation is an important and sensitive subject. We have always involved the employee base in designing our reward structures and of course we look for balance in compensation from salary to longer term benefits such as the employee share programs. We have invested in a dedicated reward team who are building the plans for the future and of course this will encompass intrinsic motivation and other value beyond just salary. We'd love to hear your feedback on what more we can do so please get in touch with the reward team directly. Thanks again, John.

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, wfh, culture, vision, strategy

Cons

No cons at this time

1 person found this review helpful

Chief HR Officer

This is great to hear, thank you for being a key part of the culture and helping us realise the vision for all.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Culture is King

Mar 4, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, comradery in the workplace, cares deeply about the people, and is focused on growth!

Cons

Can cause burnout if people are not careful about setting boundaries.

Chief HR Officer

Love this! Thank you, we are investing in our own technology as quickly and efficiently as possible - your comments on customer are noted and consistent with the feedback from our internal pulse survey - we will continue to put customers and employees front and centre! Thanks again! John.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Come for the people, stay for the wild ride into the future!

Sep 23, 2020 - Consulting Services Solution Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

People make this place great, every one of my co-workers would drop everything to help me and I would do the same for any of them. The company is changing SO fast that you have to hang on and get used to going with the flow as you are on a ride into the future of business technology I really can make a difference for my clients here and am SO confident of our consultants that it is really easy to sell them. SoftwareONE has been wonderful during COVID, thanks to great technology, policy and leadership we all were able to work from home with zero ramp time

Cons

If you don't like change, you won't like it here. Not every change is perfectly or completley thought out. You may have to take some ownership of making new things work.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Overall Great Experience

Feb 11, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is really something different and the people are the main reason I am remaining at the company.

Cons

SoftwareONE has aggressive growth strategies which can be a bit of a hill to climb in the beginning if you are going into the sales position. They provide tools and support ot help but alot falls onto your mindset and skills after that.

Chief HR Officer

Hey - thank you for the feedback, we are very proud of the culture and it's always inspiring to read when people truly 'feel it. I would describe our strategy as ambitious rather than aggressive, and we are laser focused on achieving success in our growth & transformation plans - having said that, it would be great to hear more detail from you on what we could do to enable you more and ensure that the overall experience and your own success contributes to your continued career with us. If you have the time, please reach out to me in confidence and I'd love to listen. Thanks again, John.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lead for SLM PMO

Mar 14, 2021 - PMO Team Lead in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with teams developing PMO

Cons

Not enough time some days

Chief HR Officer

Thank you for the feedback. The pace of the business and speed at which we operate is both a critical differentiator / competitive advantage but I recognise the need to find harmony. Hopefully you will see our own investment in efficiency and digitisation which will create 'balance' as we grow. Thank you for you r continued work and passion regardless. John.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not the same

Mar 9, 2021 - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

very international company encourages remote

Cons

Not the same as it used to be since going public.

Chief HR Officer

Hey, thank you for the feedback. You are of course right, we are not the same company since going Public - we are growing and continually evolving to ensure we win for all of our stakeholders - customers, employees, partners and shareholders. What we are committed to in parallel is making sure the values and our culture remain consistent - this is in itself a challenge and I am sure will continue to be tested. Marketing will play a key part in that - so thank you for your contribution and impact in your time with us. I wish you every success for the future. Best regards, John.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid

Feb 16, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level sales jobs provide good foundation for sales training Global company - looks good on resume

Cons

Men are favored in all senior roles and pay is not consistent

2 people found this review helpful

Chief HR Officer

Hi - this is a challenging feedback entry for me to read not least of all because it appears you were part of the People & Culture team for which I am directly accountable. It's disappointing we were not able to give you a platform to be successful. In the same regard, I don't believe men are favoured in the company - we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer with an equality led approach. However you are right - purely on a gender level, there are more males in the senior leadership team. We are actively working to address this but I will also stand by the level of diversity we do have in terms of other facets beyond gender across the group. We can always improve and are committed to doing so. Our compensation and rewards team and our internal HR organisation should ensure that there is no inconsistency in compensation standards - only that it is performance led. While GlassDoor is a brilliant platform to receive open and honest feedback - it's also important that the feedback is constructive so that we can 'get a clue'. I would be more than happy to speak to you directly and in confidence and understand your perspective / experience so we can learn & improve. Thank you again and wish you every success in the future. John.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 11, 2021 - Company Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great inclusion across teams

Cons

Sometimes work life balance can be a challenge

Viewing 1 - 10 of 527 Reviews