SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Patrick Winter

Pros
  • Work from home option available (in 20 reviews)

• Company culture is one of the most important things at SoftwareONE as well as being a relatively flat organisation (in 16 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good Company Great Culture Unfair and Reactive Reviews from Former Employees"

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Great people! Ability to express your opinion and have conversations with anyone within the company.

Leadership at HQ is great but specifically the Inside Sales leadership team is amazing. Compassionate, invested, caring, knowledgeable, and great representatives of the culture and the business. Servant leadership.

Travel is less required than years past due to business transformation and growth but still a great positive. PTO is plentiful and extra curricular benefits or perks are great but not the driver of the atmosphere. Again, the people at all levels.

Team camaraderie is always positive and plentiful.

Cons

Review process isn't as evolved as the rest of the business. Benefits are expensive and seem less important to executive leadership in the US.

Aside from the usual pain points with most companies, the BIGGEST con is the unfair and unjust negative reviews on HQ leadership specifically Inside Sales group. If you are lashing out on here than most likely you didn't get your way and presented an entitled attitude thus creating the end to your time at Softwareone. Are there areas of improvement? Of course! EBITDA, training, field leader accountability, benefits, etc but do not blame your entitlement and non core value work ethic on leadership.

Market offices are not necessary in some areas they are today.

Field leaders not held to appropriate goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the development of our leaders and our teams. We are willing to ride the ups and downs of the evolution of the business as long as we continue to feel valued.

Benefits need updating.

Implement training curriculum for all levels of employees.

Re-evaluate presidents club for inclusion and not exclusion. All levels are receptive to formal recognition.

2. "Growing Company. Room for improvement."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a ton of perks that come with SoftwareONE. It is a very modern company. Work life is fairly decent balance compared to other roles with other employers. I do admire the fact that while leadership may not always make the right decision, they are doing it with the best of intentions for the company.

Cons

With any role, in any company, there are areas of improvement from top to bottom.

I specifically came to address the "firing pregnant women" comment that you will see below. When you are continuously the lowest performing employee in a sales role for over a year, then do not expect to have a sales role anywhere. Sales is a grind and never lets up.

Advice to Management

Training. Training. Training. If you hire people with raw sales talent, then development them. The way publishers operate these days, what I learned a year ago does not necessarily applicable now. Consistent training.

3. "Entrepreneurial Company - lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

SWO is a large global company with an entrepreneurial mindset. If you have an idea, you share it. If you want to implement a new solution, go for it. The people that I work with every day are amazing. They are helpful, engaged, hardworking and passionate. They challenge me everyday to do my best, and support me wherever I need it. The company is always looking for ways to develop and grow as a business. I find it incredibly rewarding and a ton of fun!

Cons

It's going through some growing pains but I don't see that as a con. They are bringing in the right resources to help them get to the next level. I hope that employees early in their careers that have not gone through this type of corporate transition will stay engaged and wait to see the transformation take shape. It will be one of those times that you look back in your career and say 'Wow - that was fun and rewarding. I hope that I have another opportunity to do that again.'

Advice to Management

Take the time to share your energy and passion for the business. It's infectious when you do.

5. "Great for entry level"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people and great company culture. Good working knowledge of sales is learned from the process.

Cons

Management became absolutely awful at the beginning of 2017. As an Inside Executive, you have to maintain an incredibly wide knowledge base and are expected to be an expert on everything. The company culture almost mandates that you're available and or working 24/7. The company CEO preaches harmony and balance but it's not reflected. I can 100% guarantee that every ISE on that sales floor is over worked and stressed. The pay isn't worth the amount of knowledge you're expected to know. They also preach this ability to have growth within the company yet make you PROVE that you are capable of doing the job before they will offer advancement. Once you show you can do the job they just keep delaying any promotion or advancement. I was in the same role for 3 years, was incredibly successful and told my management that I had some of the greatest potential on the sales floor. This was met with no opportunity for advancement or growth, or consideration really for advancement or growth.

The management team is completely out of touch with their sales team. When I say management I mean their inside sales directors and VP's. The account team managers are fantastic at a player coach methodology.

Whole lot of nepotism from management as well. Senior management and above are all flocked over from Insight and hastily put in a management role.

The company has turned their focus away from doing right for the customer, to doing what is profitable for the company. While it's understood that we work in a capitalistic environment that requires a business to be profitable, the layers that were implemented to do so lessened the effectiveness of the sale team.

I found myself often work 9 to 9.5 hour days in the office, then working multiple hours at home as well as on the weekends. You're tied to a quota but aren't able to earn commission from the inside perspective, just a bonus goal that makes it almost impossible to attain any true earnings.

They cultivate good talent but the culture had a huge morale shift to being negative due to all the changes and constantly adding additional tasks onto the ISE plate while the BDM's basically have free reign to do whatever they want without ANY consequence.

The number of emails I'd get from my field team with requests staying please help, please do, they will do this, there's no true account ownership by the field team yet they all are making 6 figures plus. Seems backwards to pay the people doing minimal work the most money

Over worked, under paid, under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Learn that paying someone a decent salary would probably be more important than feeding them lunch, or having a beer Friday. Perhaps actually understand the true needs of your team and what it takes to be a leader versus just being complacent and then just addressing the team as a whole saying you think you've failed and realize change needs to happen but it never does.

I don't hold my breath that the current management team actually has the capability to turn around the morale.

They will instead follow the mentality of everyone is replaceable and simply bring on another fresh college graduate with no true industry or work experience.

May 19, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Firstly - thank you for the feedback and expressing these thoughts and perspectives - I am obviously sorry that you feel this way and that we could not porvide the right environment for you longer ... More

"Hope you like stress."

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice workplace events. Average salaries.

Cons

Incompetent management. Fires pregnant women.

May 19, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thank you taking the time to provide this feedback - I am obviously disappointed that you feel this way about our management. I appreciate if your role has been terminated it cannot now, or ever ... More

"Great Potential - Poor Execution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k match, relaxed dress code, decent salary, travel opportunity, flexibility in working hours, free lunches, flat organization, good location, fun environment.

Cons

Sales floor is like a daycare. Money is wasted on unnecessary job roles and positions. People will now be screwed out of 25% of their yearly bonus due to things they can't control (EBITDA bonus which doesn't affect the employees who spend the most). So much time is wasted on leadership training and kool-aid drinking. CEO and VPs have no idea what anyone does outside of sales.

Advice to Management

Invest in hiring and retaining quality employees. Stop unnecessary spending. Realize that there are other departments outside of sales.

Apr 3, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Dear Colleague - thanks for taking the time to provide feedback here and I am sorry that you feel the business is not delivering through its values. I would be interested to hear more on your views ... More

"Good but not great"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Waukesha, WI

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, culture, and management was very approachable. Happy hours, free lunch on Friday's, and getting to wear casual clothing everyday in the office. It's also a great opportunity to work on accounts ranging from small businesses to enterprise. This is a great opportunity for someone just getting out of college.

Cons

Company is too heavily invested into Microsoft licensing contracts still even though they want to be more service based company. Putting out service programs that are half-baked and minimal training makes it a hard sell to customers. Sometimes prefer speed over quality. The pay is very low too.

Advice to Management

Focus more on training employees better out of the gate and fine tune your service offerings. Also focus on what type of company you want to be going into the future rather than obsessing over going public in 2018.

Apr 3, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Dear Former Colleague - firstly thank you for choosing SoftwareONE and investing some of your career with us, I'm sorry this has not been the right path for you long term but I am sure you made a ... More

"Vibrant culture, great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beer Fridays, free lunch multiple times per week, plenty of happy hours and sponsored activities, opportunity for travel both nationally and internationally, great management, direct involvement from CEO, growing company, fun culture.

Cons

Takes a lot of hard work and extra hours to learn the industry, doesn't have a great training program, need to be available for customers in a sales role more than just 40 hours a week

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! If a training program gets implemented, it will only help things get better for new employees and those who want to grow within the organization.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - BDR in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - BDR in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture with employees who are genuinely invested in making SoftwareONE a great place to work. SWO has some of the top talent in the technology space and is continuously focused on doing what is right for our customers. If you are a hard worker, there are many opportunities here to grow.

Cons

If you are not eager to learn, quick on your feet or are a self-starter, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take the advice from KKR with a grain of salt.

11. "Strong"

Current Employee - Hosting Specialist in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Hosting Specialist in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with SoftwareONE for 3 years and over that time the company has grown substantially every year. Company culture is one of the most important things at SoftwareONE as well as being a relatively flat organisation. New initiatives are regularly reviewed and approved by management. We are very agile with adding new events and cultural perks.

Cons

Work can sometimes fall outside of the typical 9-5 day if customers or peers are located in other parts of the world. Home internet is not paid for.

Advice to Management

Please continue taking open feedback from employees throughout the year, Listening to employee feedback is crucial to maintaining the overall positive and fun work environment we have all come to love.