SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Patrick Winter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home option available (in 25 reviews)

• Culture, work life balance, team players (in 10 reviews)

Cons

1. "Inside Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and great people with realistic expectations! Everyone is here and expected to help colleagues. Everyone who has been here for 1+ year specializes in different software solutions and licensing agreements and are there to help anyone looking for help on that specific part of our business which helps a lot!

Cons

Separating yourself from a "inside sales" point of view is hard as it is mostly account management of current book. Goals are to grow current book and so you don't get to do as much lead generation or new business development.

Advice to Management

I know everyone learns at their own rate but maybe have more of a structured learning and training program set in place.

"Every position"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

There are no pros. It's been a while since I worked at SWO but i'd like to put another negative review on the top of their glassdoor page because they deserve it. This place was so awful. If you're reading this because you're thinking about joining SWO, don't waste your time.

Cons

Top 3 worst places to work.

Advice to Management

Your services are weak.

3. "SoftwareONE"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

SoftwareONE is a fast growing company.

Cons

The business needs to transition and some will have challenges keeping up.

Nov 6, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Hey - thanks for your feedback - you are absolutely right, our growth and transition to a Solutions business is challenging - we make some mistakes but we are learning every day and striving for... More

4. "Good Entry Level Job"

Current Employee - Sales in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent culture, a lot of autoimmunity in your day, fun place to work, management is pretty good, very good PTO and happy to come into work.

Cons

The pay is an issue. Many of us have been working here for over 2-5 years and have yet to get a pay increase. It's difficult to retain your employees when this is the case. In addition the pay structure has been changed which has resulted in a pay decrease for many employees.
    Perfect job to get a few years of experience but do not expect to get a pay increase for this.

Advice to Management

Great place to work but need to invest in your employees rather than letting them leave.

Oct 23, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Dear Colleague - thanks for taking the time to write your feedback and I am delighted that you are happy to come to work and that you feel SoftwareONE is a fun company to work for. If I read your... More

"What makes SWO great"

Former Employee - CBDM in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - CBDM in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, very family oriented for a multi-billion dollar company. All employees are given the chance to advance and pursue their lifelong career ambitions.

Cons

Many balls in the air, up to you to keep persistent and focus on what you need for your business. Very fast paced

Advice to Management

Continue to enable, develop and empower your employees.

Aug 29, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for your feedback and for contributing to our journey. Wish you every success on your next path. John.

6. "The right direction"

Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

focused on their vision, business transformation, learning and development and employee engagement

Cons

the company and industry is going through a big transformation, this is forcing each player to adapt and invest in their niche and overall capability...all while running a profitable business!

Advice to Management

we're going in the right direction, serious commitment to employee feedback and more engagement from global leaders in North America

Aug 29, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Transformation and change are not easy and we doing what we can to get it right. I am sure we will make more mistakes along the way but glad to... More

"Disengenous"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Sharp architects, good TS leadership

Cons

Bad sales org, worse solution sales leadership

Advice to Management

packup and go

Aug 29, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Firstly as always, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and perspective - I am of course disappointed to hear that you felt our sales org and sales leadership were not aligned to your... More

"RUN, EBITDA and pre-IPO mentality has taken over!"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest I honestly cannot think of any. Seriously

Cons

Wow, too many to list here. To start with SWO used to have a great employee culture (so I am told). That was has been lost as employees now are only a number.
    EBITDA (or using this for excuse to hold down costs), has taken over.
    Now the bottom line, profit, expenses, and numbers has taken over.
    Employees are just a number, especially if you work in sales.

In addition, late 2016 into 2017 has seen a lot of lay offs, Riffs, and people pushed out of the company. Most long term employees I knew have resigned.
    Speaking of EBITDA, the company has a terrible cell phone plan and has recently moved to a terrible "corporate credit card " program.
    The 401k program is weak as well.
    Lots of Cons to list, but you get the idea....

Advice to Management

You have forgot what used to make SWO a great place to work - it's people.
    EBITDA, your cost cutting measures, and lack of employee loyalty - has employees leaving by the droves.

Sep 4, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Dear Colleague - thank you for taking the time to present your feedback. Perhaps if you are able, you could contact me (john.mayes@softwareone.com) or the NORAM HR Leader (Patty) in confidence to... More

9. "A Company you can believe in!"

Current Employee - BDM
    Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture and people - access to CEO and executive team. Best Global HR Lead EVER, way to break the HR steotype.

Cons

Slow down long enough to put the right processes in place and ensure people are trained correctly.

Advice to Management

As you move forward just remember where you came from and the people that have gotten you to this point. Provide more oppertunities for loyal employees to find roles that they can be the most successful.

"SWO"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Direct Management is there to support you

Cons

oversold the comp plan - hope you can live on your base... at 100% of quota; you still make no money

Advice to Management

You're extremely transparent - that's great however, when you essentially say "we are killing it" and the sales people aren't (getting paid) it will be a matter of time before they leave.

Jun 29, 2017 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - I'm very sorry that compensation is an issue for you - this is obviously an emotive and personal subject to all. As you may know we spend a... More