SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Patrick Winter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Multiple employee benefits such as work from home, cab etc" (in 31 reviews)

• "Culture, work life balance, team players" (in 12 reviews)

Cons

"I'm so happy to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not the type of person that writes a lot of reviews - positively or negatively. However, I feel compelled after reading some of the recent comments left about SWO. I am a woman that has the privilege of working for SWO for the past 2+ years. Our company is built upon inclusion and opportunity. I have been given every opportunity possible to shine, thrive and contribute my strengths. I have the privilege of working along side many talented men and women leaders that make me a stronger contributor every day.

I will also describe our culture to you. We all work hard (very hard) but with the goal in mind of making SWO as great as it can be for our colleagues and customers. Who doesn't want to be on a winning team?! There is support all around you - you will never lack someone to ask a question, lean on during hard days, or learn something from. We have employee committees that allow us to work together to solve problems and make improvements. We have amazing leadership development which helps every employee be more successful and inspires us to be our best. The leaders care about their employees personally and recognize their wins professionally. They let us try new things, maybe even fail, and try again with lessons learned. And lastly we celebrate together. We have fun!

Cons

Continue to improve the benefits programs in the US. Continue to invest in technology to make our jobs easier.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - we trust you. Continue to include your employees and gather input as you do today. Don't lose the spirit of working hard and having fun.

Oct 23, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to write. We have said in another comment on this site that we will constantly need to improve - but notes like this help us to keep pushing for... More

"Inside Sales Floor Review"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're interested in trying something new, but may fear the licensing part of the role, I just want you to know that in regards to the material you have been given, you have so many people to lean on and ask questions during difficult times. The sales floor feels like a family and we are always here to help in any capacity that we can. The culture is incredible and allows you to feel like you have family even when you're away from your own. PTO is great, and the SWO family really does work hard and play hard.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth/career moves other than sales. Workload can often feel overwhelming. You need to be a self starter and disciplined to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep training new and tenured employees to ensure they constantly understand the changing business.

Nov 6, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Great feedback - thank you - it's always good to see the word family (one our biggest challenges to maintain this culture as we grow). As I hope you are aware, we are part way through our current... More

3. "BDM"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Great company and really wonderful people. I've definitely made connections that i value and will keep for many years to come. Plentiful PTO is provided for employees. Leadership is putting a lot of work into L&D and the team that they've hired is nothing short of wonderful...maybe not all leaders take advantage of this, but they should. They also offer a lot of room to advance if that is your drive, but you will need to make it known and put in the work to get there--the squeeky wheel gets the oil. Commission plan is pretty good for BDM's, again, if you're willing to put the work in. Excellent place to dive into this industry and start learning. Very entrepreneurial... you'll get out what you put in for certain, this is not somewhere where you can expect to coast as everyone there is sharp and works incredibly hard (which is SO NICE & motivating to work with)

Cons

-Doesn't seem like all leadership is totally aligned in all aspects of the business.
    -As a european based company i felt that some of the company wide-decisions did not fit with the US sales trends (as i'm sure is the case with a lot of european based companies)
    -Benefits could be better, but again it's a european based company and majority of the employee base is not necessarily in the U.S. so this makes it difficult to compete with large heavily US based corporations- this is more something to weigh personally. Salary negotiations aren't the best and you won't get close to what you're asking even if it's reasonable-- very big focus on the bottom line. Waukesha office is nice but pretty unapproachable if you're not based out of that office.

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest in L&D.
    -Ensure services are fully baked prior to releasing them and expecting sales teams to close deals around new offerings.
    -there is a large focus on a work/life balance but it seems to be all talk. Allow people to use all of their PTO and encourage that they do without giving them a had time about days out. (in turn, ensure that they're not so overworked that taking time off seems impossible)

Nov 6, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Really great feedback - thank you. As I mentioned in another review on here - the NORAM org has been one of the first to fund and invest into our new "People" strategy - with a dedicated L&D team... More

4. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, decent starter salary

Cons

lack training, & having a voice - things take longer then promised/anticipated to happen

Nov 6, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hi - thank you for posting your feedback. I am sorry you did not feel the impact of our training & development initiatives while you were with us - I hope you were able to give the NORAM HR team... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros at SoftwareONE. Don’t be fooled by any of the positive responses on here. Those people are brain washed and/ or do not know what making good money and being taken care of really means

Cons

The commission structure is about as bad as it gets. You get told all the time you can make money but you can’t. I was a high performer and basically got nickel and dime’d all the time. Management are beyond frugal, but they believe they are taking care of people. There is a reason people left and are leaving all the time.

Advice to Management

Figure out the comp plan to attract and retain key people. Management is closed minded and cares about themselves.

Nov 6, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Perhaps controversial, however I am both disappointed & happy to read this - on the one hand disappointed because we've not been able to provide a former employee with a positive experience - but on... More

"No vision and poor leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

PTO is plentiful. Cool if you get to use it.

Cons

- ZERO DIVERSITY. Leadership is all white men, no effort to become more diverse.
    - HR is a nightmare. You can see that just by global responding to every negative review on Glassdoor in a condescending manner. Harassment happens all the time and HR does nothing to protect their employees.
    - There is no commitment to culture. It’s just words on a wall at this point.
    - Turnover rate is very high and it’s only the best people who are leaving. Leadership is doing nothing to stop it and is glazing over the obvious truth : this is no longer a place for top performers.
    - You will be overworked for little money. If you voice concerns about this, you will be told you are entitled.
    - Quotas for unestablished BDMs are unreasonably high, given the lack of training.
    - Leadership is very frugal and always looking for a way to pay you less

Advice to Management

- Leadership needs to be overhauled and now is the perfect time. Invest in better technologies, data insights and your employees. If you don’t work to fix the problems and show people you care, you will continue hemorrhaging top performers.

Oct 21, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologise if you feel our replies are condescending - that's not the intention of course. We are trying to acknowledge, address and use... More

"BDM"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Work from home. Lots of PTO

Cons

None of the work from home or PTO matters if you make $500 commission in the entire year.

Advice to Management

The re-seller market seems to be fading fast.

Sep 10, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Dear Colleague - firstly thanks for investing part of your career with us. I hope and trust that your time here was productive and that your experience allowed you to learn and grow. I am also glad... More

"Business Development Representative"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Work environment is good. Great management team.

Cons

Turnover rate is high. But that might the norm in a sales based company.

Apr 17, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hey - thanks for the feedback, great you love the work environment and your leadership - if this ever changes then let me know! If toy have the time -please let them know what they are doing well so... More

"Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good support team out of India. Good inside support staff out of Milwaukee. Option to work from home, as they are too cheap to rent office space.

Cons

Current North American Leadership is super frugal and will not grant pay raises. Quotas are unreasonable and not negotiable. They use the high quotas, combined with the comp plan to deprive you of commissions. Leadership is always looking for ways to deprive you of compensation, so as to improve the bottom-line. In bed with KKR = Greed is Good. Losing tenured employees like crazy. Look at other competitors before you join here.

Advice to Management

Live by your own SoftwareONE values. Appreciate your tenured employees and understand that growth is not infinite. Get some leadership with more than a high school diploma.

Apr 17, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Hey - thanks for the candid feedback, it's appreciated. Really sorry you feel we are too cheap to rent office space - I think it's the opposite with offices in most major capital cities. The work... More

10. "Great Company, Challenging yet Rewarding"

Current Employee - BDM
    Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SWO is a very good company if you are willing to put the hard work in to learn and thrive. Being a global organization there are lots of opportunities to travel and work with people in other cultures, there is even employment opportunities overseas. I have been able to see a lot of the world because of my time at SoftwareONE.

Cons

Certain markets are not as established as others and there is a lot of challenges with some of the service offerings whilst the company continues to transform. Remuneration could be better. The commission model changes every year and is hitting the sales teams pockets each time it does.

Advice to Management

Keep transforming, we will get there.

Apr 17, 2018 – Global Head of HR

Feedback is great! - Thanks for pointing out both sides of the coin. Completely agree with you we are being really challenged by the transformation - but for me and I hopefor most of our growing... More