SoftwareONE Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

4.0
SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
  • "Work from home facility available which is the inly pro point(in 39 reviews)

• "Great Culture and employ satisfaction(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "If speed and agility are not your strengths SWO is not right for you(in 13 reviews)

• "There is alot of potential here in GSDC, but somehow management believes in choosen few(in 11 reviews)

1. "Love this company and the people; what they stand for is addicting"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love the teamwork. I love the family experience. People that work for SoftwareONE are just truly amazing. You have a question? Ask! You need help? Ask! I cannot express enough how amazing this family is. I have been here through thick and thin; 8 years. There is respect, humility, kindness that i have never seen before at any other company.

Cons

I have to write 5 words.

Continue reading
  2. "Searching for the real thing?"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership deeply cares for people and is consistently figuring out ways to make their lives good - better health, career development, coaching, better roles, personal growth, etc. Learning mindsets, interest in opinions, openness is everywhere and it's super abnormal not to experience help and collaboration. People are hired for their intelligence and values, and then encouraged to own their own job and max out their expertise, knowledge, creativity and leadership capability. This makes it a super exciting place to work. And we have a shiz-ton of fun together.

Cons

Nothing I don't feel empowered to fix myself.

May 26, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write - it's appreciated and inspires us to do more. If there is anything myself or the EB can help with then please don't hesitate to write to any of us. Thanks again, John.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to work at a large global technology company that has an entrepreneurial feel and one that actually listens to its employees, SoftwareONE might be a fit for you. Though leave your drama and negative attitude at the door. At SoftwareONE, their core values are part of everyone's DNA.

Cons

Pay structure is just average

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback! That's a great way for me to start Monday! Could I also ask you to connect with your local leader about your commission plan? We review this and try to improve it every year so would be great to see what more we can do. Thanks. John.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - BDM in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

The people were great. It is a work hard play hard company that if you are successful you are rewarded.

Cons

Not too much to complain about they were great.

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for investing some of your career with us - I wish you every success and hopefully we will see you again one day. John.

"Culture Confusion"

Current Employee - Leadership

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, industry experience, fast growing company

Cons

Job Role is much more than stated in the job document, compensation plan is convoluted, Swiss based company leaves US outside of decision making process.

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback. Growth has challenges as I am sure you can see. We are very proud you have invested nearly 10 years with us - thank you. We are still learning to get better and to keep evolving. As such all of our roles are changing and I think it is necessary for everyone to adapt. If we are not supporting you here then please let me know. I am afraid I disagree on compensation - we have 1 of 5 plans consistently applied worldwide for 7000 people dependent on the role - and they reward personal and company performance. If I can personally help explain them further then let me know and of course your feedback is welcomed to help us improve here. Thanks, John.

"Management Problems"

Former Employee - CSS/ISE

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally good cooworkers, mostly friendly people, and competitive salaries

Cons

Management is not good and the HR departmet (recruitment and benefits) is very incompetent.

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback. I'm personally sorry to hear that you didn't feel supported by our TA and Benefits teams. If you are open to providing more specific feedback, I will work with them to personally review. We have a dedicated leadership development program in NORAM (I assume you are based there) - but fi you did not 'feel' this then of course we would also like to improve. I wish you every success in your new path. Thanks, John.

7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - General Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team of people, one of the best companies, CEO is one of the best

Cons

Nothing to complain about yet.

October 29, 2019Chief HR Officer

It says you are a former employee!? with this feedback I hope that you are not and this is just a system error! Thank you for the feedback in any case. If there are any specifics you can share with us so we can continue to do more, then please let us know - otherwise, thank you for your continued passion, commitment and loyalty. Best regards, John.

"Incredible company! Culture is unique, people keep me here, and opportunities are endless!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at SoftwareONE for almost 12 years in a number of roles. I can't say enough amazing things about this company. They have taken care of me as I grow my career in the time I have been here, they are picky about bringing on talent as the people are the most important aspect of the company. What brings everything together is the fact that the industry is growing like crazy, and SoftwareONE has managed to stay ahead of the curve, leading edge in many areas, and a thought leader in the software management category. The vision the leadership team creates and drives change around is something I am very proud to say I am influencing and to be apart of.

Cons

Not many here, the only thing I would say, is if you want to be on a rocket ship that moves very fast, you join. If speed and agility are not your strengths SWO is not right for you. Sometimes our speed can be perceived as a downside, but if you don't move fast in this industry you fall behind, so I don't perceive it as a Con.

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for this feedback - and thank you for investing 10 years with us! here's to the next 10! Stay safe and keep going above and beyond! John.

"Incredible Culture, Unlimited Opportunity and an Entrepreneurial Spirit!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SoftwareONE is an incredible place to build a career. The culture at SWO was unlike any other I'd experienced in my near 20 year career in Technology sales. SWO encourages their employees to embrace an entrepreneurial spirit in an effort to grow their business and they support their sales people tremendously in the field with an amplitude of resources to supplement the Account Executives' efforts. My 7+ years at SWO were some of the best years of my life and I'm truly grateful for the opportunity afforded me there. If not for a desire to explore a different "avenue" in my career, I could've seen myself retiring at SWO - Competitive Comp. Plan - Incredibly Supportive Leadership Team - Great Benefits/Insurance Plans - Best-in-class work/life balance - Unlimited opportunity to travel, explore new parts of the business and re-locate if that is something you desire - Constantly re-investing in the business to deliver a better brand behind each salesperson

Cons

I'm not sure it is a "con", per se, but SWO employees should expect to perform. SWO is a performance-based organization and, while they allow you to attack the business how you want to, they also expect performance and constant growth which should be expected given it's a sales organization

May 18, 2020Chief HR Officer

Firstly - thank you for being specific! Feedback is a gift and we are grateful to receive it. Secondly - we are performance led as you say, but our people are so important to us and the spirit and culture so key, that one goes hand in hand with the other. Wishing you every success and very proud we could give you a platform to succeed. John.

"Would Recommend"

Current Employee - TBDM

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Family-like culture, team atmosphere, fun scheduled activities all the time, good pay.

Cons

There is a lot to learn coming into the company without prior knowledge but colleagues are very willing to help you learn.

May 18, 2020Chief HR Officer

Wow! thanks - we love hearing this! I wish you the very best of success with us and keeping providing feedback! thank you. John.

Found 383 reviews