Softway Reviews | Glassdoor

Mohammad Anwar
  1. "Great people"

Team Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at Softway

Pros

The company is very friendly. All the employees make an effort to know each other and I can say that there isn't a person here that I dislike. We all work together when needed and its a huge team effort. The company recognizes hard work and dedication, if you ask for a chance to prove yourself the leadership lets you take that shot. Also if you fall they help you back up.

Cons

We have some aggressive goals and plans that cause extra hours to be worked. I don't truly feel this as a negative since all of us are working hard as a team to accomplish our goals. Late nights aren't the best but we are usually rewarded with the results afterwards.

Softway2016-01-13

February 15, 2016HR associate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re so glad to see ‘teamwork’ pop right out of all that you say. Aggressive goals can be challenging. Although that in a way stimulates creativity and sees the need for optimized work-processes. , we are working towards better, realistic estimations so maintain a healthy work-life balance for all at Softway.

2. "Hard Work Pays Off"

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities to get a variety of experience working in different industries, if you're looking for a place to make a difference or make your mark, you will get that opportunity here.

Cons

A lot of responsibility for people that don't necessarily have that much experience. This can be good but it can also be bad if the person responsible isn't getting the job done.

Advice to Management

Get insight from employees below the top level

Softway2014-08-08
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Good to kick start with your career"

I have been working at Softway full-time

Pros

For a fresher it's a great opportunity to learn new technologies and explore. Friendly environment. Time flexibility. Always on the tip of the toe to help when stuck.

Cons

Need to improvise in terms of cafeteria and infra.

Softway2018-07-31

August 2, 2018HR associate

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are getting our office space revamped and hopefully should have these concerns addressed soon!

5. "A company that has a will to adopt and change"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. The quote "Mistakes have the power to turn you into something better than you were before.” best suites Softway. It is trying in all possible ways to correct its past mistakes. 2. Employees are motivated to learn new things. 3. Good work culture.

Cons

1. Should improve the incentives.

Softway2018-07-25

December 4, 2018Communications Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are definitely a work in progress, but we’re headed in the right direction, by introducing many employee-friendly policies and keeping our focus on being the best workplace.

6. "Work experience in Softway"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues. Supportive Seniors. Good management.

Cons

Less employee benefits & perks

Softway2018-04-02

June 19, 2018HR associate

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

7. "Good company to start your career"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Softway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Exposure to technology is decent 2. Management is approachable 3. Work environment is friendly and open 4. Projects received are decent

Cons

1. There is a bit of office politics which can be driven out for further progress 2. Please decide on a structure and stick to it. Changing the structure of operations every year brings with it a bit of instability 3. Loyalty is not always rewarded

Advice to Management

You have kept faith in a few individuals for a number of years, where has that led to?

Softway2018-02-19

February 23, 2018HR associate

Thanks for sharing your Softway experience! Yes, agreed, too frequent re-organizations aren’t always embraced. However, at Softway, we’re ensuring all efforts are taken to keep people at the heart of all that we do. So you may notice from time to time, an evolving organization structure that reflects our values, facilitating better deliveries and happy people. As for the office politics, we’ve already included these as part of our practicing work agreements that keep us constantly accountable and help keep such negative behaviors at bay. We’re all ears to hear your concern on loyalty and would appreciate if you can leave us an email at hr@softway.com.

8. "Its an awesome place to start your career"

I have been working at Softway

Pros

Always using new tech Good learning opportunities Responsibilty on ur shoulders Friendly environment No formal clothing compulsion Abundant Non corricular activities

Cons

Need to work on reducing work load and stress. Identify areas that require more research time. Proper resource planning missing

Softway2017-11-08

December 12, 2017Communications Director

Thank you for leaving a review of Softway, which is the best place to learn and grow! We believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We are working on ways to improve resource planning, which we hope will yield positive results in the coming year.

"Softway- The Ideal Career Groomer"

I have been working at Softway full-time

Pros

An ideal company for anyone to climb up the ladder in their career given the plethora of services that Softway has to offer: Coding, Testing, SEO, Internet Marketing, Design, 3D to name a few. Respect the freedom that the employees are given to explore on any of the above services and also to switch between them which many market players fail to do so in the current era. The company has been doing significant... changes in the way they operate since they transformed into a digital agency over the past one year; hiring the ideal folks at the US Office; they are becoming an employee friendly company as they have realized that it is the people what makes Softway. Love for one another have been taught and preached among the employees; starting from the top management. Softway is truly transforming into an Agency for what's possible. Proud of the vision and values that the company encompasses and definitely the days here at Softway are fun filled, challenging and brings the best out of every one Definitely NOT a " All Work and No Play" Company thanks to all the cultural, social and sports events.

Cons

Replacement for experienced employees is a bit slow ; Promotions needs to be done frequently as the employees still have outdated Job titles. Salary structure and hikes needs to be standardized and match industry standards to avoid attrition which is a common industry pitfall.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum of bringing in significant changes to make an employees' life at Softway better . The shift in focus of flexible management, not micro-management (in my experience), is encouraging growth and trust amongst the employees.

Softway2017-06-13

July 27, 2017HR associate

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re glad we’re an agency offering diverse services and the opportunity to share that learning with all at Softway. As mentioned about the transformation, we’re glad in learning that it is being practiced and felt and not just preached. Thank you for your suggestions on how we can improve. We are boosting our pace in talent management as well as working on having all job titles updated and relevant. We believe we’ve come a long way, learnt some great lessons and are now headed in the right direction - hoping that we’d be able to better reward the people that make Softway, knowing they fully deserve it. Thank you for contribution in making Softway greater!

10. "Good place to learn"

I have been working at Softway

Pros

Good place to learn and further your career

Cons

Hardware needs upgrade. Most of the laptops are in really bad shape

Softway2016-08-23

September 16, 2016HR associate

Thank you for your review. We have recognized the need for an improved IT infrastructure and have in place initiatives for a batch-wise roll out of these improvements with a more streamlined process.

"Good but little politics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning opportunities, Good place for freshers to start up with

Cons

Little politics, Home mades are little rash , average management

Softway2016-04-07

May 18, 2016HR associate

We appreciate your feedback. We do believe in pushing as well supporting our people in order to help them to realize their enormous potential. Our consistent hands-on approach also ensures that all our freshers are equipped with knowledge and abilities that are really far ahead of conventional learning curves! With regard to our home-grown talent, yes, we certainly identify and promote talent within Softway. However, this is not our only source of management talent - we also do recruit a sizeable chunk of great talent from the industry as well. We acknowledge your observation that the home grown talent is a little rash and the management is average. We will relook at our processes and fine tune wherever necessary to rectify any anomalies. As a matter of course, in order to ensure that the management experience for our employees is of a uniformly high quality, dependable and inspirational, we regularly conduct leadership, soft skill and communication classes across the entire group. Specific surveys conducted from time to time also provide us with the necessary feedback to take any corrective action where necessary.

Found 97 reviews