Softway Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2019

4.0
Softway CEO Mohammad Anwar
Mohammad Anwar

"Good Company to work and excel."

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice place to work Good work life balance Place to excel and thrive at work. Sufficient compensation Career growth opportunities.

Cons

Not much concerned management. Fresher's are over burdened Internal politics Extended working hours Less projects

Advice to Management

Be concerned towards fresher's.Try to provide good work life balance to employees

Softway2016-03-01

May 18, 2016HR associate

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. The feedback gives us new perspectives on our strategies and calls for a re-look if necessary. Our continued focus in 2016 is to mold our leadership team and high potential leaders so as to equip them with the required managerial, soft skills and communication skills so that they are able to make a positive difference in their own lives as well as in the lives of their teams. The focus and importance given to these training programs that are already in progress represent the concrete steps taken to register positive improvement in all areas identified for change. So, thank you for challenging us to grow into the aspirational and dynamic agency that we want to be.

"good company to enhance your skills."

Current Employee - Trainee Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

good work environment, if you are a fresher company will provide you good training.

Cons

till now i did not find anything

Softway2016-02-29

May 18, 2016HR associate

Thank you for the feedback. We agree that, training at Softway is exemplary! Our freshers enjoy themselves with the work, learning opportunities and the amazingly motivating culture at Softway. Opportunities to work on live projects with great mentors provides hard-to-get, real work experience with an extraordinarily steep learning curve. We’d love to hear more so keep filling us in!

"Best Work Environment"

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ideal place to enjoy the work. There is freedom to do things in a more intuitive way & learn at the same time..

Cons

Quality breakfast & variety dinner is needed..

Advice to Management

Ensure a little bit of changes in infrastructure which is needed for the employee to work comfortably..

Softway2016-02-01

February 15, 2016HR associate

We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and pass on your feedback. I’m glad a lot of people feel that we’re an organization that fosters creativity and where learning is constant. With our recent and widely acclaimed rebranding, we’re sure you will have noticed a whole lot of positive changes including the infrastructure and the overall work ambience. However, if you’re experiencing difficulties in your seating area or floor, we would love to hear how we could continuously work to make Softway the Best Place to Work. Do feel free to shoot out an email to our facilities team so that we could address issues even faster. Thanks for the feedback on the food. We will certainly have this looked into at the earliest.

4. "Learning in a highly technical environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time

Pros

At whichever level you are, the company pushes you to do more and to achieve more. You will be required to handle bigger parts of projects and entire projects much, much sooner at Softway than anywhere else. But these challenges help you to learn far more than you would at most other companies. The hiring process brings in ONLY technically strong people into the company and thereby, the culture is a very... technically driven one. Seniors in the company are focused, competent and helpful.

Cons

Infrastructure - A bigger cafeteria to accommodate more employees will be very welcome On Site Opportunities - Mostly all those with 2+ years of experience get onsite opportunities. Highly performing freshers should also be considered for onsite opportunities in the future.

Advice to Management

Overall, Softway is a really nice place to work. A few changes will ensure that it is a great place to work!

Softway2016-01-10

February 15, 2016HR associate

Thank you for sharing your review. Feels great to be reading this! We’re glad we’re a team that recognizes potential and not just hierarchical levels. And yes, we believe that taking ownership is key to both greater learning as well as greater growth. A bigger cafeteria is a need recognized by us as well and, is currently on our ‘To-Do’ list. We hope to have our new cafeteria up sooner than later. On-site opportunities are based purely on client requirements, and as you’ve seen we have no pre-requisite other than capability when it comes to project handling or with on-site opportunities. We see you listed as a current employee and encourage you to share those ‘few changes’ (if you’ve any other) with us via email and we would be happy to hear you & look into what can be done.

5. "Good company to learn"

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. People here will get lot of opportunities to learn. 2. Best place for beginners or freshers.

Cons

1. Salaries and hikes can be better. 2. Everyone should get equal opportunities

Softway2015-11-03

December 4, 2015HR associate

We’re happy to receive an affirmation on Softway being a great place to learn. Our current strategy is based on a company-wide initiative that aims at ensuring that we are at a level where retention policies that include compensation and appraisals are well appreciated. Thank you for your feedback.

6. "Nice place to work!!"

I have been working at Softway

Pros

Good work culture, friendly environment, supportive manager,

Cons

Not easy to find company location, not a proper sign board to be seen.

Advice to Management

Flexi timing should be given to all employees.

Softway2015-09-09

"Analyst"

I have been working at Softway

Pros

1. Learning Opportunities 2. Employee friendly policies 3. Best communications and due recognition given to employees for their work.

Cons

Long term agreement makes an employee to work out of compulsion rather than the joy of association being with the company

Advice to Management

1. Reduce the agreement years from two to one year. 2. Provide opportunities for employees to learn and move horizontally.

Softway2015-09-07

October 7, 2015Communications Director

Thank you for your candor. We are working towards training programs and knowledge sharing communities where employees can learn the skills from their peers as well as experts. We believe this will be a positive add for employees to learn to move horizontally.

"Good place to learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I worked at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will learn lot of things while working here Good colleagues. Friendly atmosphere. Process is getting better and will make the work place better. When you join as a fresher it will be a heaven. Will be noticed and appreciated for good work.

Cons

Some of the facilities can be improved. More challenging projects can be introduced.

Advice to Management

Doing good. If possible try to improve the facility as much as you can.

Softway2015-08-01

October 7, 2015Communications Director

We appreciate your review! Improvement on the facility has been under review for some time and we certainly value the effects of work environment on the people. We are also looking forward to improvements on the facilities.

"A company whose work speaks louder than its name"

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. A small-sized company therefore, more chances for your hard work to get recognized. 2. Lot of good talent with knowledge, experience and skill is here. 3. A good place to learn and learning never stops. 4. No need to book the calendar to meet the MD. 5. Best place to get noticed for your hard work and talent.

Cons

1. Work towards retaining the good talent. High attrition rate. 2. If you expect to go to the U.S. since it is a U.S. based company, stop expecting! 3. Not like any other fancy, corporate companies. If you work in the Infosyss and IBMs of Bangalore and expect the same work environment here, you won't get that. 4. Limited training programs conducted by the organization. Work towards your own goal to grow. 5. The... work-from-home option is available only for the PM and TL level

Advice to Management

Please work towards retaining the good talent

Softway2015-07-29

October 7, 2015Communications Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. Retention has been a focus in 2015 and we recently hired a CTO in the Bangalore office to help build more retention programs as well as training and employee development.

10. "Good experience."

Current Employee - 3D Modeler in Bangalore

I have been working at Softway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Liked the freedom to experiment on our skills. Good opportunities,Importance of Communication and Environment culture inside office.

Cons

Breakfast will be over soon.

Softway2015-06-02