Softworld Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Dave Teitelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Best Company I've Worked for..."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with great people. The people at Softworld treat each other with respect, work hard and want to be here, which makes for a great environment to work in. Softworld is a growing company with a lot of opportunity. They look out for the best interest of their clients, consultants and co-workers. Would highly recommend working here.

Cons

The cost of family benefits are high, but it's great coverage.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've grown the company to where it is now and we trust that the decisions you make will allow the company to continue doing so.

"Horrible experience as a contractor!!"

Pros

I was placed in an environment with wonderful people, none of them affiliated with Softworld. Acquired many professional contacts and gained some really good skills.

Cons

Was completely misled and lied to about the specifics of the contract and the benefits associated with it. I received poor compensation and zero pto / vacation time. Softworld claims to have grown 100% this past year but neglects to even provide a single hour of paid time off to the people making money for them. What's worse is the misinformed recruiters feeding potential candidates blatant lies. This type of unethical behavior is lawsuit worthy. Softworld is the type of company you hear about on the news that won't provide hard working people paid sick time or time off to take care of sick kids. Softworld claims to follow family values and take care of employees...my experience was the complete opposite. I will never, ever work for a company like Softworld again. They provide zero incentive to work for them and do absolutely nothing to treat their clients like family. Softworld should be ashamed to even use the word "family" to describe their business.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be trained on how government contracts operate. Once they have an understanding, train the recruiters and abide by ethical practices. Misleading potential candidates is a big no no and can lead to lawsuit.

Apr 18, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with Softworld did not meet your expectations. The Government Sector represents a significant piece of our business, and our Recruiting team receives... More

"High call volume 500-600 per week"

I worked at Softworld full-time

Pros

They had a good 2 week training program. They spoiled you with food and snacks.

Cons

Quick to cut you if you don't meet their metrics or show aggressive ability to source candidates.

Advice to Management

Have trainees shadow a recruiter to see how success on their role would look like.

Feb 6, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our Enterprise Recruiter program that gives professionals new to the industry the opportunity to learn fundamental recruiting... More

4. "Good environment, delivery focused"

I have been working at Softworld full-time

Pros

Management does great job of developing talent. Performance is rewarded and recognized. Flexible work environment. Management is not afraid to change things if it isn't working and not in the tank for recruiting or sales. Hold a facility clearance which allows quite a bit of government related work in addition to commercial sector- good balance.

Cons

Nothing is perfect, and the flaws here are common in this industry, and the focus is on production, but working their system and methodology

Advice to Management

Keep talking to your people, never stop trying to improve.

5. "Very Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent communication from my Account Manager who was also very accessible. I was invited to a lunch meeting by my Account Manager every few months to check in on how things were going. My personal experience was that Softworld and my Account Manager in particular genuinely looked out for my best interests, I would not hesitate to work with them again.

Cons

The health insurance options could be a bit better, but that seems to be the story with a lot of companies in recent years.

Advice to Management

While I was an employee of Softworld I worked as an Engineering consultant for a larger organization in the DC Metro area who had a contract with Softworld for my services. So my experience with Softworld Senior Management was zero really. My only advice would be that treating your Account Managers well will definitely benefit the company in the long term.

Jan 10, 2017 – VP

Thank you for the great feedback about our Account Management team. They are a talented group that puts a lot of energy into the consultant experience. We are lucky to have them!

"Consultant"

Pros

Hiring process is quick and easy.

Cons

There is no downside to working at this company because they are straight forward in their approach to what is expected when you are offered a position.

Jan 10, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

Thank you for the positive feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a transparent experience for our clients and consultants. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your... More

"They get it and they care"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the DC area supporting a government contract and have had a great experience. The crew in the DC office has a deep understanding of government contracting and makes sure you know exactly what you are getting into and signing up for. They seem to have great empathy as they were able to understand my concerns without me really bringing them up. They did not pressure me (which happens a lot with other companies) to join the company. They did not try to "sell" me on their position. In fact, they pointed out both pros and cons/potential risks of the position, which I appreciated. The pay well and on time (as long as your time is approved).

They are a company that cares about their people and takes care of them. I'm happy I took their call!

Cons

Benefits are expensive. They will reimburse for certifications, but only if the contract requires it.

Advice to Management

Find a way to lower the cost of the benefits. Increase and expand training budget.

"Unethical and Professional Outfit"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA

I worked at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. Very disappointing

Cons

Very unprofessional and unethical work environment

Advice to Management

Complete restructuring of their HR and managerial team. Decisions are based on emotions, not work ethics and professionalism.

Jan 10, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

We pride ourselves on creating a professional environment for all our team members, both internally and in the field. We want everyone to have a great experience at Softworld, and I am disappointed... More

"Great place to make your mark!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Softworld provides a level playing field for all recruiters and sales professionals to achieve their maximum success. Unlike many other companies in the industry, there is room for many recruiting and sales styles at Softworld. Your success is truly what matters. It is a growing company, with new opportunities presented OFTEN for those who are career-driven and want to make their mark here.

Cons

Hard to think of any to be honest. Some of the requirements you will see can be very challenging but that's what makes each day exciting, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Career trajectory & Collaboration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recruiters at Softworld are collaboration oriented. Whether it be on individual searches or on larger scale methodologies, recruiters put their heads together to solve problems. When things are extra busy, recruiters ban together to motivate each other and to get things done. From their efforts, team members are often noticed and upward career trajectory is encouraged for those who show interest. At Softworld, recruiters are given a career path and opportunity to succeed.

Cons

If you are looking for a slow-pace day where everything is the same, no surprises, this might not be a match.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster personnel development and opportunities for those who are driven to advance.