Cover image for Softworld

82% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 107 of over 137 reviews

3.9
Softworld Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Teitelman (no image)
Dave Teitelman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Softworld and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work for

Dec 20, 2022 - Lead Generator in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management! They care about their employees!

Cons

Hard to grow when working remotely

Vice President, Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback, and glad to see that it was such as positive experience for you. I fully agree on some of the challenges in working remotely, which is why we're working on a smartly balanced hybrid work environment when feasible and better communication tools for all employees. If you have any additional ideas you'd like to share about how we can improve career growth for remote employees, I can be reached anytime at 781-373-8452. Thanks again.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Good Support

Dec 2, 2022 - Senior Java Developer in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Contractor company but with good communication

Cons

Can't think of any, they are very professional

Manager, Consultant Care

Thanks for taking the time to share your insights to working with Softworld! I'm so happy to hear you have had a great experience working with us! If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Recruiter or the Consultant Care team.

3. Join the Softworld team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

It's a good place to work.

Oct 17, 2022 - Java Developer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a good work balance place.

Cons

So far no found not good.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Review of Time with SoftWorld

Sep 22, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with different recruiting companies over the lifetime of my career and have to say without a doubt Softworld exceeded my expectations. I had the pleasure of starting with a company as a consultant and after a year have been hired on fulltime. But, it was because of SoftWorld and the expertise of Josh and team that helped me with this success.

Cons

Updates for benefits and payroll items were sometimes a challenge.

Manager, Consultant Care

Hello – thanks for taking the time to share some insight to your experience working with us! I’m thrilled to hear that you found a full-time position after completing your contract and enjoyed working with Josh so much – he is one of the best! If you ever need anything in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Contract

Sep 9, 2022 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Nothing I can think of

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Review

Aug 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good company to work for

Cons

I don't have any comments on the cons

8. 3.0

Culture

Sep 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work Great team building activities

Cons

Corporate team not very diverse

Vice President, Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear that you value our team building activities. Regarding your con, one of the things we're proud of over the past couple of years has been promotions and hiring of women and/or BIPOC personnel into Vice Presidents/Directors of Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, Statistical Programming, Finance , HR and Business Operations roles. Additional initiatives for next year include leveraging Kelly's newly appointed Chief Diversity Office to help us continue on our diversity journey. We are proud of these achievements, while fully agreeing that we still have more work to do. Thank you again for your feedback, and if you'd like to discuss further, I can be reached at 781-373-8452.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to earn a high income

Aug 26, 2022 - Recruiting Specialist in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great commission plan good work life balance good environment good culture

Cons

health insurance is terrible, not some place you want to work unless you are a generally healthy individual or you are on your spouses plan.

Vice President, Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback, and glad to see your thoughts on the pros of working at Softworld. As to your con, I am profusely sorry that health insurance changes have caused you so much trouble. You're absolutely correct that some of our options changed this past summer, with increased costs on the one-sized-fits-all “Cadillac” plan, paired with multiple additional plans and tiers with various up-front, out-of-pocket and deductible costs. Health insurance is profoundly personal and unique to every single employees' personal situation, and I fully respect your opinion. Speaking from my own perspective, I do not feel that our health insurance options have been "gutted" or "are terrible." As an example, I am the sole provider of my own family’s benefits, incurring regular medical costs. I have absolutely found options that worked for our family, including new offerings such as an HSA with company match and increased flexibility to control more of my health care budget. I've been here for many years, been on our insurance for every one of them, and never had this much autonomy and control over how/where/when my health insurance dollars get spent, though you're absolutely right that an apples-to-apples comparison of this year’s Cadillac plan to the same plan in previous years now costs more. You're right that things don't work for everyone, particularly in the context of change, but I'd encourage anyone to understand the full context of the options at their disposal. If you'd like to discuss this or anything further, please contact our Director of HR (if benefits-oriented) at 781-833-0245, or myself at 781-373-8452. Thank you.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee

doesn't value their employees and needs to be held accountable

Sep 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

allows work from home several days a week

Cons

My friend was let go just a couple of weeks after finishing training, and left unemployed with little to no explanation

Vice President, Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback. I don’t believe that our company could grow to this degree, over all these years by letting good employees go "with little to no explanation," without being "held accountable." For the protection of people's confidentiality and reputation, not everything that occurs and gets decided can be publicly shared. That is just as much in an impacted employee’s interest as it is ours. I would also respectfully question, as a third party, if you have received the full story from your friend. A huge part of what we teach at Softworld is digging deeper into motivations, events, context, histories and communications. This is especially important when the full picture may not reflect well on the person relaying their version of events, and I imagine that may be very relevant in this case. Our company certainly isn’t perfect, and could always do better… but accountability relating to personnel decisions is something we don’t take lightly and one that we’re glad to discuss with any and all concerned parties. I'm not entirely certain of the situation and identity of the people involved, as anonymity is everyone's right on this website. However, if this is a serious concern and/or you'd like to learn or discuss in greater detail, including a better understanding of how/why our company makes personnel decisions, I can be reached directly at 781-373-8452. Thank you again for your candid feedback.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wouldn't recommend

Jul 22, 2022 - Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kitchen is stocked with food, very good training program if you want a career in recruiting.

Cons

The company is a revolving door. For example they hire a big ERT class every few months because they know not everyone will last or they will be fired. One person in upper management tries using "do this or you'll be fired" type pep talks which is ineffective and hard to take seriously. The company expects X amount of dials in a given period of time because dials lead to submittals which leads to deals. Makes sense, but if you have a day where you have 5 submittals you're expected to still have as many dials as the person who had 0, and you'll be asked why you have less dials. Maybe some need that level of micromanagement but for most I'd look elsewhere.

Vice President, Professional Development

Thank you for your feedback. While everyone has the right to their own truth, we're not going to get into the details of this review, because the statements it makes are categorically incorrect. I agree with the reviewer in this case - if you want the type of environment as described, you should look elsewhere. If you'd like to learn more about what our environment is actually like, I'd encourage you to talk with our Talent Acquisition team, review our social media, understand who works here and the career paths that they've earned. I respectfully but vehemently disagree with the person that wrote this - that said, if they would like to share more of their perspective and educate me on what I'm missing, I'm sure they know how to reach me - 781-373-8452. Thanks again, and Softworld obviously wasn't the right place for this person; best of luck in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews
</>Embed

Softworld Reviews FAQs

Softworld has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 137 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Softworld to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Softworld employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Softworld. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

82% of Softworld employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Softworld 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Softworld to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, benefits.

Popular Careers with Softworld Job Seekers