Softworld Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good company"

Former Contractor - IT Support in Winchester, VA
    Former Contractor - IT Support in Winchester, VA

I worked at Softworld as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They are afraid to phrase folks for job well done or go out of there way to help individuals.

Cons

No comment at this time.

Advice to Management

To contracting individuals who has shown great performance...they should be rewarded with a bonus...even pay them their holiday paid when their client does not cover it. Cause in the long run SoftWorld is making their investment for every month the individual works.
    An if the individual supports a contract for a year they should get a decent rewarded for faithful service; even a two week vacation from a grateful employer.

"Softworld was there when they needed me."

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD

I worked at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Softworld was very aggressive in finding me a job. They gave me good support in advance of my interview. Once I got the job, they kept in touch to make sure I was all right for the first few months.

Cons

When the Government came out with the Sequestration, I made it through the first round of cuts. I lasted another 3 months before I was let go. I told my contact at Softworld with a month's notice, but did not receive any help or feedback.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the people who got you where you are today. Keep in touch and help them out.

"Great people, growing business"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA

I worked at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The people by far are the best reason to work at Softworld. Everyone is nice, smart, and always willing to help.
    -Competitive base and commission plan that exceeds industry standards.
    -Diverse set of clients from SMB to government contractors.
    -Laptop, wireless headset, great software and infrastructure support with cutting-edge web-based ATS

Cons

-The hours. Employees are strongly encouraged to work nights and weekends regularly, which is typical of the IT staffing industry in general though. Just know what you're getting into if you want to earn $$$
    -The sales people could work better with recruiters to "fight" for their candidates and push back against clients to better qualify requirements rather than just "taking an order."
    -Too many meetings and time spent on administrative work (e.g., formatting resumes to perfection).
    -Lots of micromanagement, too much metrics tracking and unrealistic individual goals pushed by upper management.

Advice to Management

Trust your senior recruiters to get the job done and don't look over their shoulders every second.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Softworld full-time

Pros

The environment is very entrepreneurial where management does not micromanage but is supportive. Company has great bonuses, commission plan, provides merit pay increases, and provides other nice perks such as President's Club. Softworld is process and numbers oriented and everyone is held accountable.

Cons

Because Softworld is still a growing company, there's not much room for advancement since the organization is still relatively flat when it comes to hierarchy. It's a great place to work if you want to be an individual contributor. Otherwise, management opportunities are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Recruiters seem to have better bonus plans and lower goals for President's Club. I would ask that management level the playing field especially when compensation is the same for both sales and recruiting. Sales is just as hard (if not more so) than recruiting.

"A good recruiting firm with their act together"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

I worked with Softworld for three months and found them friendly, competant, and appreciative of my efforts for their client.

They paid for some of my parking, but not all.

They paid promptly and without issues, and invoicing was simple.

They took me to lunch after a few weeks.

Cons

Considering the glowing reviews I got from their client, I was a little surprised they didn't make much effort to find other work for me. I didn't hear about an opportunity for 6 months and yet I live near DC, which has hundreds of similar openings a month.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and do more to find work for consultants who've done a great job for you.