Softworld Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Dave Teitelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great experience. Expectations were properly set."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fairfax, VA

Pros

- great company culture - you can go to SR management about anything.
    - everybody is their to help you if you want/need it.
    - you make your own schedule - no micro-managing whatsoever.

Cons

The hours will be long sometime

"Great"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the concept of work because of Softworld

Cons

I hope to continue enjoying my work because of Softworld

"A challenging work environment with support from the entire company ranging from CEO to peers"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have grown from a small start up environment where we had to figure things out to now a fully established corporation with solid policies and procedures which ensures competitive advantage in a super competitive industry. Our ability to service our client's IT needs starts with our internal SLA's with our team of 30+ technical recruiters. Our sales team is seasoned with strong client relationships. Softworld's working environment is truly a team atmosphere where everyone is happy to help one another. With over 300 employees companywide, Softworld successfully competes with the top firms on a national basis, yet is still small and nimble in being able to get things done without red tape or obstacles. Softworld has been a great place to grow and be challenged for the past 16 years. I truly enjoy the job and the great people I get to work with.

Cons

I really can't think of any. Management is engaging and supportive with strong core values. Compensation and benefits are also very good.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The short and long term vision and strategies are solid and sharing them with the team keeps the team motivated and working towards tangible goals.

"Great experience - Good company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Softworld (More than a year)

Pros

- open lines of communication
    - pay is good and on time unless timesheets are approved late
    - Expectations and processes are clearly defined
    - Company responds quickly to requests and concerns
    - Problems are addressed in a timely manner

Cons

- Benefits are a tad expensive, especially for a family

Advice to Management

Please try to find me something once my current project is complete. Seems to be a challenge for most companies.

"I made the right choice!"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company on the rise. Lots of opportunity as a recruiter. Tons of great positions to work on and lots of room for advancement. There have been a number of promotions since I have been here. Recruiters are treated as equals with the sales team.

Management is very engaged and involved with the business. I feel like I can go to my manager or any manager in the company for help. I have weekly meetings with my manager, monthly training, and even monthly meetings with my VP! All of these are focused on training and getting better at my job. My last company I maybe talked to my VP twice a year. Here he will actually jump in and help me with a search! I have learned more here this year than the rest of my career combined.

I'm also making more money than any other job I've had.

Cons

The company has grown so fast that it looks like we are out of space. They just expanded the office but it looks like that filled up pretty fast. Feels cramped at times but it's not that big of a deal.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything! I love it here. Maybe work on the office space but really I am more concerned with having good reqs to work on. There are plenty of those!

"Great Federal Contracts and Customers"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator Specialist in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator Specialist in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was approached by Softworld to support a DoD/Intel customer; Softworld is a subcontractor on this contract. From the first call from the recruiter to dealing with Account Manager/PM, and the Director, I've had a 1st class experience. They are completely transparent with updates, feedback, etc, and address all concerns in a timely matter. I also received a healthy pay increase to join this contract. So, in summary, they pay well, they run a great office in the DC area, know their customers and contracts extremely well, and seem to always be available to speak with and address concerns. Highly recommend.

Cons

Benefits are expensive for a family. They seem to make it up with higher pay though. They do not offer much paid training (certifications, etc), but do offer to reimburse from time to time.

Advice to Management

If all of your offices have people like the folks in DC, don't change a thing. Other than that, it would help you if you offered more paid training to your people billing on contracts.

"Career trajectory & Collaboration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recruiters at Softworld are collaboration oriented. Whether it be on individual searches or on larger scale methodologies, recruiters put their heads together to solve problems. When things are extra busy, recruiters ban together to motivate each other and to get things done. From their efforts, team members are often noticed and upward career trajectory is encouraged for those who show interest. At Softworld, recruiters are given a career path and opportunity to succeed.

Cons

If you are looking for a slow-pace day where everything is the same, no surprises, this might not be a match.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster personnel development and opportunities for those who are driven to advance.

"Great place to make your mark!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Softworld provides a level playing field for all recruiters and sales professionals to achieve their maximum success. Unlike many other companies in the industry, there is room for many recruiting and sales styles at Softworld. Your success is truly what matters. It is a growing company, with new opportunities presented OFTEN for those who are career-driven and want to make their mark here.

Cons

Hard to think of any to be honest. Some of the requirements you will see can be very challenging but that's what makes each day exciting, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"They get it and they care"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the DC area supporting a government contract and have had a great experience. The crew in the DC office has a deep understanding of government contracting and makes sure you know exactly what you are getting into and signing up for. They seem to have great empathy as they were able to understand my concerns without me really bringing them up. They did not pressure me (which happens a lot with other companies) to join the company. They did not try to "sell" me on their position. In fact, they pointed out both pros and cons/potential risks of the position, which I appreciated. The pay well and on time (as long as your time is approved).

They are a company that cares about their people and takes care of them. I'm happy I took their call!

Cons

Benefits are expensive. They will reimburse for certifications, but only if the contract requires it.

Advice to Management

Find a way to lower the cost of the benefits. Increase and expand training budget.

"Consultant"

Pros

Hiring process is quick and easy.

Cons

There is no downside to working at this company because they are straight forward in their approach to what is expected when you are offered a position.

Softworld Response

Jan 10, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

Thank you for the positive feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a transparent experience for our clients and consultants. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your... More