Softworld Reviews | Glassdoor

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Softworld full-time

Pros

The line workers are very friendly.
    The regular recruiters and sales people are very professional. They try really hard to do a good job.
    Softworld does have a good core senior sales people and recruiters.

Cons

Management is out of touch. They have a cookie cutter staffing model and they are afraid to think outside the box.

Right now they are doing ok because the market has picked up and almost all IT Staffing Agencies are making money. When the market goes down or stays flat, Softworld has a strong history of decreasing in value more than their competitors. They also have a reputation in the industry of letting employees go at the very first sign of economic trouble. They would rather let go of employees and not lose their bonuses.

Managers want the staff to know that they are the Alpha dogs and that always has been their biggest focus point, not growing the business. If a recruiter or sales person voices an opinion that contradicts a manager, they usually get let go within 1 month.

They have no women is senior management and have joked how women will never be Directors/VP.

They micromanage EVERYTHING. They don't just use a basic recruiting/sales matrix (submittals, interviews, etc) like most Staffing agencies. They actually keep track of how 'clicks' you have in the database and how long you go in-between phone calls. By 'clicks', I mean, they actually keep track of how many different pages you click in their internal database.
    So, let's say you have a week with several interviews and a couple meetings, you might be pulled into a meeting and get spoken to if the rest of the team averaged 700 clicks in the database and you only had 400...if you try to state your reasons, they think you are being too negative and not a team player.

Finally, there are a lot more former Softworld employees than current Softworld employees out there...There a lot of people that have left Softworld and have been successful. Softworld has become a 'usual suspect' agency. Everybody knows they are hiring, people go there to get some basic training or to collect a pay check until something better comes in.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees and be open to the opinions of others. Put your egos to the side.

Dec 15, 2014 – Vice President, Operations

We respect that everyone has the ability to share their views and opinions. With that said, we feel the need to respond to a review like this because it is so far from anything we condone. The notes... More

"Do not try to work for Softworld"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

None. They recruit for jobs that don't exist. They lie and lie and lie. They are totally unethical.

Cons

They recruit for jobs that don't exist. They are totally unethical and screw with people's lives to meet their own twisted agendas. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SOFTWORLD.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes! YOU ARE UNETHICAL TO THE NTH DEGREE! HOW LONG DO YOU THINK YOUR company can continue to exist with the way you recruit for jobs that do not exist????

Jan 5, 2015 – CEO

I know I can't change your mind about Softworld, but that is not going to stop me from trying. I am aware of the position you were recruited for and I want you to know that the position absolutely... More

"Terrible experience"

Pros

The office is nice and spacious. Free parking. There were a few very helpful people.

Cons

Two words, sweat shop. Your every move is watched and micromanaged, all day. Being constantly asked what you're working on and the status. Even though everything you do is entered in the ATS. Management can clearly see what you're working on, but they ask you any way. I was even approached by my supervisor one day around 11:00 AM and was told that I had only made 25 calls so far that day. And it should more. There was not a single moment where you aren't made aware of your numbers for everything. Calls, submittals, interviews, hires, etc. There was also the pressure to come in early and stay late. Several times a week. And then there are the meetings. My God, the meetings. One every afternoon (except Fridays). To discuss open requirements and submittals. There were also unscheduled last minute meetings all the time too. In short, I found working at Softworld to be the most frustrating and unnerving experience of my career. I'd walk out of there each night with a headache or tightness in my chest. Extremely unhealthy. I know people who worked at Robert Half and Ranstad who said they never had it that bad.

Advice to Management

Loosen the leash, let your people breathe.

"Unethical and Professional Outfit"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA

I worked at Softworld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. Very disappointing

Cons

Very unprofessional and unethical work environment

Advice to Management

Complete restructuring of their HR and managerial team. Decisions are based on emotions, not work ethics and professionalism.

Jan 10, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

We pride ourselves on creating a professional environment for all our team members, both internally and in the field. We want everyone to have a great experience at Softworld, and I am disappointed... More

"Horrible experience as a contractor!!"

Pros

I was placed in an environment with wonderful people, none of them affiliated with Softworld. Acquired many professional contacts and gained some really good skills.

Cons

Was completely misled and lied to about the specifics of the contract and the benefits associated with it. I received poor compensation and zero pto / vacation time. Softworld claims to have grown 100% this past year but neglects to even provide a single hour of paid time off to the people making money for them. What's worse is the misinformed recruiters feeding potential candidates blatant lies. This type of unethical behavior is lawsuit worthy. Softworld is the type of company you hear about on the news that won't provide hard working people paid sick time or time off to take care of sick kids. Softworld claims to follow family values and take care of employees...my experience was the complete opposite. I will never, ever work for a company like Softworld again. They provide zero incentive to work for them and do absolutely nothing to treat their clients like family. Softworld should be ashamed to even use the word "family" to describe their business.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be trained on how government contracts operate. Once they have an understanding, train the recruiters and abide by ethical practices. Misleading potential candidates is a big no no and can lead to lawsuit.

Apr 18, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with Softworld did not meet your expectations. The Government Sector represents a significant piece of our business, and our Recruiting team receives... More

"Passive Account Managers"

Pros

Great Staff that is very helpful and willing to assist you when called upon
    Great compensation plan

Cons

Feedback takes too long and the Sales Team is real passive
    Top recruiters have been there between 8-10 years and they are only billing at $10/k
    You end up trading time for money

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to fire your clients if the process is taking too long or they have went dark on you!

"High call volume 500-600 per week"

I worked at Softworld full-time

Pros

They had a good 2 week training program. They spoiled you with food and snacks.

Cons

Quick to cut you if you don't meet their metrics or show aggressive ability to source candidates.

Advice to Management

Have trainees shadow a recruiter to see how success on their role would look like.

Feb 6, 2017 – Vice President of Recruiting and Delivery

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our Enterprise Recruiter program that gives professionals new to the industry the opportunity to learn fundamental recruiting... More

"Expectations were properly set."

Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH
    Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a diverse client base with great relationships

Cons

Better benefits apply after 1 year.

9. "Average staffing company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good base Salary and great commission plan. Very flexible work life balance for a staffing company. Good government I think that will grow

Cons

Small margin deals, not enough business is focused in Boston which is where they are located. You would think that would be the first location to ingratiate themselves wit

Advice to Management

Get all the business you can put it Boston

Dec 19, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you that while we have built a strong National presence we have a lot of work ahead of us to capitalize on a great Boston market. We have some exciting... More

10. "Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at Softworld full-time

Pros

Great People and Great Work Atmosphere

Cons

Poor mindset by leaders, counter productive, and inconsistent goals

Dec 19, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

I agree that the people are great here. We are all very lucky.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns and encourage you to reach out to me directly. We are all open to... More