Softworld Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Washington, DC

5.0
Dave Teitelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent communication from my Account Manager who was also very accessible. I was invited to a lunch meeting by my Account Manager every few months to check in on how things were going. My personal experience was that Softworld and my Account Manager in particular genuinely looked out for my best interests, I would not hesitate to work with them again.

Cons

The health insurance options could be a bit better, but that seems to be the story with a lot of companies in recent years.

Advice to Management

While I was an employee of Softworld I worked as an Engineering consultant for a larger organization in the DC Metro area who had a contract with Softworld for my services. So my experience with Softworld Senior Management was zero really. My only advice would be that treating your Account Managers well will definitely benefit the company in the long term.

Softworld Response

Jan 10, 2017 – VP

Thank you for the great feedback about our Account Management team. They are a talented group that puts a lot of energy into the consultant experience. We are lucky to have them!

"They get it and they care"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the DC area supporting a government contract and have had a great experience. The crew in the DC office has a deep understanding of government contracting and makes sure you know exactly what you are getting into and signing up for. They seem to have great empathy as they were able to understand my concerns without me really bringing them up. They did not pressure me (which happens a lot with other companies) to join the company. They did not try to "sell" me on their position. In fact, they pointed out both pros and cons/potential risks of the position, which I appreciated. The pay well and on time (as long as your time is approved).

They are a company that cares about their people and takes care of them. I'm happy I took their call!

Cons

Benefits are expensive. They will reimburse for certifications, but only if the contract requires it.

Advice to Management

Find a way to lower the cost of the benefits. Increase and expand training budget.