Sogeti Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 40 reviews)

• Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement, (in 63 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Experience as a Sr Consultant with Sogeti USA in Chicago, IL"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sense of community with strong support, diverse opportunities, great benefits, education reimbursement, bonus program, advancement counseling, and more....

Cons

Not Sogeti-specific but more on consulting in general: You can get some less-than-ideal work depending on client. That happens anywhere thought.

2. "YMMV"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Consulting company that has local clients and if the client likes you, can result in long term engagements.

Smart group of coworkers and you can learn a lot, especially when you are working with a group of Sogetians

401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match. Cant beat that.

Cons

Cell phone plan, or rather, carrier s(TMobile) sucks. I take calls on the go with my global team and cant count how many times calls get dropped. Sogeti doesn't allow you to switch carriers or reimburse you for it. So I have to pay out of pocket to just do my job. Lame.

Health plan isn't that great. HDP with Aetna.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consult in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consult in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunities for career growth
    - Many training programs and education cost reimbursement
    - Pay is at par with the current market standards.
    - Nice projects and approachable HR.
    - Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project).

Cons

-At times you might have to work hard to get to the expectations

5. "Senior Consultant Review"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Sogeti is having the ability to reach for your own success. I have personally had the opportunity to participate in the sales side of the business, in interviews, and in leadership calls - all apart from having the ability to learn new technologies on the job. Go-getters will thrive in this environment. All of the leadership in Chicago is willing to help and teach when needed. My career has grown tremendously with the help of my mentors here and I am excited for the future.

Cons

It is a subsidiary of Capgemini so sometimes there is a lot of red tape to get things done.

Advice to Management

We need to have more unit meetings.

6. "Sogeti - Chicago"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This organization is full of sharp, forward-thinking, Business & IT subject matter experts. Our internal flexibility & agility, the access to global and local resources, and the internal collaboration, combine to create a solid system for effective delivery to our clients.

Cons

Could proactively hire more talent for out-looked growth & success.

"Drains the life out of you - not an ethical company"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401(K) match. Used to have great people working there. They have left as the mentality of the company has changed.

Cons

Sogeti's atmosphere and values have done a 180 degree pivot in the last few years. They used to emphasize fun and career opportunity. Now the company will chew you up and spit you out by over working you, assigning you to vampire clients that have no regard for people or their work life balance, giving little or no raise every year, and micromanaging you to no end. The company values money more than people as others have stated. There are some questionable to downright illegal things going on at some clients. Sogeti is gaining a sizeable team at some clients by slimy tactics and relationships with some people that they have planted as buyers at those clients. This is probably because they have stopped hiring good people and have little to offer the clients. The company is inflating their ratings on glassdoor by posting fake reviews. Most of the favorable reviews are company-produced. Take the negative reviews seriously. The company is cutting benefits as it struggles with legitimate sales, and is now effectively giving it's entire workforce a pay cut by imposing premiums for healthcare. That used to be a big selling point of the company - no premiums. Also, every year, the health insurance coverage quality is reduced by either increasing the deductible, or increasing the copay or the out-of-pocket maximums. The worst part is that the people in management are just unfriendly and they try to sell you on company policies as if you were stupid. Employees are lied to, promised bonuses and raises, but they never come, so people quit. This place is a revolving door of employees. Most of the people I worked with 4 years ago have left, and I felt like I was at a completely different company - in a bad way, so I left, just like they did. Life is a lot better on the outside.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your people and your business. You are driving people away. Stop the shady dealings. Compete honestly or you will eventually get caught.

8. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has the new CEO and has expanded it's reach for more business opportunities. It is getting more into the managed services and end to end engagements. Company offers excellent benefits that include:
    - 20K in bonus (ideal value), your mileage may vary
    - 6% match on the 401K to 150%. There is a 3 year vesting at the time of this writing
    - Company sponsors phone line for each employee
    - HSA insurance with deductible limit of 3,000 for family. Most companies do 5K - 6K
    - Mileage reimbursements
    - Local focused despite of consulting company. This is great for those who do not want travel
    - Pays decent compensation

Cons

- PTO could start with 20 instead of 15; mostly all big companies offer 20.

9. "Control your own destiny - Great environment!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

The ability to work with experienced professionals and Practice Leads - some of the best in their fields! Sogeti's environment fosters growth, advancement and learning opportunities. If you're willing to work hard, Sogeti will provide all the tools to become very successful! The people are great and there is a real "team" feeling.

Cons

Keeping track of everyone's availability and best means of contact.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring on talented, bright, motivated people. It's great to be surrounded by some of the smartest in the business!

10. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about working at Sogeti Chicago Unit is access to our leadership. Our CEO is born and raised in Chicago and although he travels extensively, he is one call away. I have brought him on key sales calls that has produced profound results. Not only do I have access to our CEO's time but, we have solid thought leaders to support pursuits. We as Account Executives are encouraged to operate as entrepreneurs, the Chicago Unit is a very well-oiled machine where decision making is made fast and easy.

Cons

There are frustrations associated with being a large public company but, it is mostly a yin and yang. The assets we have access to are tremendous, knowing where to find them can sometimes be frustrating.

Advice to Management

When I peek under the hood of why management makes the decisions they do, I generally agree with them in whole or in part. So I guess I don't have much to offer.

"Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, especially the 401 K plan.

Cons

-Communication is from the bottom up instead of top down so the consultant is expected to initiate all communications with their manager.
    -Poor, poor communication from management when there is any.
    -Was transitioned to Sogeti from my former employer who decided to outsource all of their IT thru Sogeti. We were all told that we would be working on that account for at least several years and that turned out to be a big lie. One week into the project and most of us were told that we would be moving on to other projects. The old bait and switch!
    -No reimbursement for certification (pre test prep, etc.) until the test has been passed, even though they are requiring that everyone be certified.
    -Salarys are too low compared to the market.
    -Too much extra time is expected to be spent on things outside of the current project. They see 'your time' as 'their time'!
    -Employee retention is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Learn to tell the truth to your employees instead of lying to their face and then not having the guts to come explain what really happened.