Sogeti Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 40 reviews)

• Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement, (in 63 reviews)

Cons

1. "Sub-par salary balanced with great culture, benefits, and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun, laid back culture,
    Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement,
    The opportunity to work with some amazing client companies, such as General Electric, Proctor & Gamble, and Johnson & Johnson,
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Salaries are below average,
    Promotion and bonus processes are somewhat political

Advice to Management

If you want to retain employees rather than see them jump ship, you should pay them what they're worth.

2. "Good starting company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great benefits. Decent work/life balance. Decent pay.

Cons

Be prepared to kiss arse... if you want to raise up in the ranks of the company or get bonuses.

Advice to Management

Recognize the consultants who are billing the entire year. People get forgotten, because they are on on-site at a client for an entire year or more. You would think that would be good enough to receive a bonus, but it's not.

3. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The hours depend upon your client. Sogeti is very flexible. Management does not micromanage. PTO is nice. Benefits are good. However, they may not be as good in the future. It's all perspective. Great 401k match.

Cons

If you are on a project that has "lifers" on it you are more likely to be promoted, get raises, recognition, etc.

Advice to Management

Look for those women/men on smaller, but HIGH margin projects. Those employees are key to your success.

5. "Not sure how you got 3 stars"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401(k) matching is the best I have seen, sadly it ends there.

Cons

No work life balance - Expected to be 100% billable and SELL, train yourself, teach other employees, develop internal programs, publish for the company on your time.

No input on assignments - Was actually told to think of myself as a commodity to be sold not unlike cattle.

Pay is low and salary increases are random or non-existent. No rhyme or reason how they are awarded. If you get one, you will get a letter in the mail sometime in late January with a flat dollar amount. You need to request an increase to be considered. If not awarded, you can appeal but the request will not be followed up on and you will never hear anything back.

HR doesn't seem to have a plan. The convoluted bonus structure is changed annually - sometimes mid-year and is heavily focused on sales. Need to develop a plan and stick with it so employees can begin to understand it and know what to aim for. Health care is no longer free but this was unheard of so no surprise that we have to pay premiums but it is a high deductible plan - 6k for family before it even pays for a prescription. Carriers change as frequently as the bonus plan so it is difficult to maintain provider relationships and stay in the network.

Management is invisible and has significant trust issues in the company

Advice to Management

There are many opportunity for management to make things better if they want. Unfortunately, during my tenure I haven't seen this happen yet. You need to start valuing the people you have working for you still - after all we are not cattle. T/O is high and will continue if changes are not made.

6. "Great."

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Relaxed and reliable. Great people that you can rely on. They give you work that will make you think! Fun!

Cons

Lack of advancement. Makes it hard to move up. Lack of work at some moments but still an enjoyable place to work.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The company implements a lot of positive employee relations elements. The 150% 401k match is awesome. The paid healthcare premiums are also great. Any education you would want is available for reimbursement. The payback period on the education reimbursement is only one year, which is better than most companies I've seen.

Cons

Layoffs defeinitely happen, but that is somewhat expected in the consulting business. Would also like to see some more work from home opportunities, but that may be a client issue rather than a company issue.

8. "Sogeti overall"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Sogeti is fantastic with care and concern for its clients and employees. There is a lot of attention paid to the needs of both and a lot of support is provided for training, career pathing, and leveraging client's needs.

Cons

The Onboarding process; It is challenging to know what the Consultant joining a client's site will need to know prior to being on the ground. As much information is provided where possible, but learning the client's processes and procedures and systems out of the gate is beneficial. This is important with any Consultant/Client relationship.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Senior Developer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy projects, good clients at well established companies, can work from home on most projects and can basically do whatever you want on projects as long as your client is happy

Cons

HR isn't on your side, Ryan L isn't going to help you out if not in his best interest, recognize that your a numbered employee and that's about it, don't worry about contributing to the 401k - you won't be there for 3 years.

Advice to Management

Put your employees first and they'll grow your company,

"Consultant - Blue Ash"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

I worked at Sogeti (Less than a year)

Pros

They *might* pay for your training if you whine about it enough
    Decent enough insurance with no premium

Cons

They will hire you on for one job, and make you do another
    You will be "on the bench" for extended periods of time doing absolutely nothing
    You have to wait a year for any expense reimbursement, then three for 401k
    A company built on open promises

Advice to Management

Fix your organization and stop lying to people during recruitment to bring them on.

"Honesty Lacking"

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initial projects were interesting. They are a proponent of education and keeping up to date on technology and best practices.

Cons

I was told not to worry about being downsized; they have tons of projects and they have a bench while waiting between projects. I was on three different projects while with the company with almost all of my time billable. The last project I had ended and I was downsized within a week of that project ending. Their explanation was that they had too many people on the bench. So much for promises.

Advice to Management

Be honest with new employees and how long they will be on the bench before being downsized. I also noticed that most of the company activities were geared around people without families. Consultants rely on Account Executives for each gig. I never felt like got to know me very well, I was just another resume to push. On the other hand, I felt their practice leaders were definitely interested in me as a person. Finally, the company bonus program was very complicated based on lots of parameters that the employees had no control over, which is demotivating, the opposite of what a bonus program should be.