Sogeti Reviews in Ohio | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 41 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 64 reviews)

Cons

1. "Software Developer Consultant"

Current Employee - Software Developer in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A relatively flat organization where you feel like you are your own boss. A salary is above average in Ohio and they truly care about their employees. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to gain a lot of experience and get paid to do it.

Cons

There could be somewhat lack of organization while you are on projects but it is expected of such a large company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and make the path to advancement/promotion more clear.

2. "Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k plan, very little management oversight

Cons

My friend just shared with me that while he was working here one of the consultants made several negative remarks about various race groups, sat him down with religious artifacts and explained each one to him (I actually was there for this) he told her this made him uncomfortable but she continued, she told him that she doesn't work for someone of his race (Indian) and when he got upset and told her he was going to tell the practice manager she went and told him and one of the HR person a different story. Apparently the reaction by the Sogeti HR person was to take the story completely one sided as he reached out to my friend and even said that her husband threatened him. Do not work for Sogeti, I am quitting as soon as I can.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your people, when you allow for this kind of racism and behavior people will find out and you will lose clients. I will not be silent about this.

3. "Sub-par salary balanced with great culture, benefits, and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun, laid back culture,
    Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement,
    The opportunity to work with some amazing client companies, such as General Electric, Proctor & Gamble, and Johnson & Johnson,
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Salaries are below average,
    Promotion and bonus processes are somewhat political

Advice to Management

If you want to retain employees rather than see them jump ship, you should pay them what they're worth.

5. "Made it past a year..."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is very good and have a talented staff. Practice Managers are engaging and encouraging.

Cons

Senior Management is horrible. There is zero communication between them and down to the employees. Office Management doesn't communicate with Practice Managers. The office will lay off resources due to lack of business (which seems to be an issue among the company). Then will not inform their Practice Managers. Meanwhile, resources that no longer exist with the compnay are being assigned work by Practice Manager.

Advice to Management

Practice Managers need to be informed as they are engaged more with clients and potential clients.

6. "Client Partner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Close Knit culture, Very consultant friendly

Cons

Consultants do not understand how offshore coordination works. Very Staff Augmentation centric, though I have heard that it has changed now.

Advice to Management

Focus on Value Selling

7. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH

Pros

Best benefits you will come across

Cons

Promotions are only considered at the end of the year

8. "Good starting company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great benefits. Decent work/life balance. Decent pay.

Cons

Be prepared to kiss arse... if you want to raise up in the ranks of the company or get bonuses.

Advice to Management

Recognize the consultants who are billing the entire year. People get forgotten, because they are on on-site at a client for an entire year or more. You would think that would be good enough to receive a bonus, but it's not.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You manage your own career, and Sogeti gives you all of the tools to better yourself

Cons

None I can think of at this time

10. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The hours depend upon your client. Sogeti is very flexible. Management does not micromanage. PTO is nice. Benefits are good. However, they may not be as good in the future. It's all perspective. Great 401k match.

Cons

If you are on a project that has "lifers" on it you are more likely to be promoted, get raises, recognition, etc.

Advice to Management

Look for those women/men on smaller, but HIGH margin projects. Those employees are key to your success.

11. "Not sure how you got 3 stars"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401(k) matching is the best I have seen, sadly it ends there.

Cons

No work life balance - Expected to be 100% billable and SELL, train yourself, teach other employees, develop internal programs, publish for the company on your time.

No input on assignments - Was actually told to think of myself as a commodity to be sold not unlike cattle.

Pay is low and salary increases are random or non-existent. No rhyme or reason how they are awarded. If you get one, you will get a letter in the mail sometime in late January with a flat dollar amount. You need to request an increase to be considered. If not awarded, you can appeal but the request will not be followed up on and you will never hear anything back.

HR doesn't seem to have a plan. The convoluted bonus structure is changed annually - sometimes mid-year and is heavily focused on sales. Need to develop a plan and stick with it so employees can begin to understand it and know what to aim for. Health care is no longer free but this was unheard of so no surprise that we have to pay premiums but it is a high deductible plan - 6k for family before it even pays for a prescription. Carriers change as frequently as the bonus plan so it is difficult to maintain provider relationships and stay in the network.

Management is invisible and has significant trust issues in the company

Advice to Management

There are many opportunity for management to make things better if they want. Unfortunately, during my tenure I haven't seen this happen yet. You need to start valuing the people you have working for you still - after all we are not cattle. T/O is high and will continue if changes are not made.