KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Oct 27, 2021

Found 1,020 of over 2,191 reviews

3.5
Sogeti CEO Raj Nath (no image)
Raj Nath
Pros
  • "Awesome benefits and 401K match(in 102 reviews)

• "Great onboarding, good benefits, empowering management(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bonus program is very subjective(in 41 reviews)

• "Depending on the client, the work life balance can be affected(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sogeti and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Professional and fun place to work

Jul 31, 2021 - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to management Quick decision making Excellent benefits 150% 401k match upto 6% of your contribution

Cons

Salary hikes are poor and unstructured

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

TERRIBLE all around, just terrible!!!!

Oct 20, 2021 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The negatives are so strong that it really kills any

Cons

Where do I start? How about with the obviously crooked leadership. They don't even try to hide it anymore. What I never understood is how they haven't been sued in more ways than one. EXTREMELY unethical. Just ask current and former employees and they all have horror stories to tell about that place! DO NOT consider a job there!!! Look elsewhere, ANYWHERE!

3. What people are saying about Sogeti

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Aug 7, 2021 - Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was easy to get a job. I met a lot of cool people and got to see and hear about many different companies.

Cons

If you don’t negotiate well coming in you will end up making substantially less than your coworkers who do the same job with similar experience. They lay off frequently. The consultant model doesn’t really work for them anymore. Most employees end up as contractors. You have no manager you actually work with. The benefits aren’t that good. Most people don’t make it to the three years for the 401k matching either because are laid off or quit prior. Some do, but usually leave shortly after. You can end up in roles for extended periods of time that aren’t challenging or best use of your skill set ie manual testing, BA, PM, or QA Engineer when you are a software engineer. They just want butts in seats and will put you in whatever role to accomplish that. Management is sales oriented and I learned to take what they said with a grain of salt.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great 401K and education reimbursement

Oct 22, 2021 - Client Engagement Manager in Bridgewater, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k contribution and education reimbursement

Cons

pay is well below industry averages and they take advantage of 'off-shore' human capital

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty okay stepping stone company

Aug 20, 2021 - Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice benefits. Great 401(k) (150% match up to 6% of your salary), but it vests after 3 years. It's a decent place for college grads looking to start their careers. Cool people working here. Put in the work to advance your career and then jump ship when you can.

Cons

Sogeti advertises itself as a consulting company, but they mostly staff anyone on whatever project they can. You may want to be a web developer, but be ready to become a BI developer if that's all they have. Salary raises are a joke. College grads can't negotiate salary. If you're an experienced hire, be sure to negotiate your salary because you won't see a good raise working here. I was heavily under-paid after 3 years straight out of college. From what I've seen, tech consultant salaries are usually lower than industry software developers. Your overall experience varies based on your client. I've had great work-life balance with my 2 clients, but I've heard others have worked overtime. My first client was boring as I didn't do anything until the end of my contract, however I had a blast on my second/final client.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good but boring, no positive comments

Oct 11, 2021 - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and decent benefits

Cons

Very underwhelming work with people only getting in touch with you to give you bad news

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mostly good

Sep 30, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are good benefits, 401 etc.

Cons

never heard from my team unless I messed up mostly. Not a lot of positive feedback.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company to work For

Sep 26, 2021 - Manager Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay, Training options provided

Cons

Technical Consultants were expected to sell

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good, but not fulfilling

Apr 18, 2021 - IT Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sometimes you can be sent to work on a somewhat fulfilling project, altough that fun will soon deplete as you realize how boring the topic at hand is - usually it has something to do with insurance or some subtype of insurance. I truly believe Sogeti as a company cares for the employee, as evidenced by the things they offer such as 100% 401k contribution, insurance, bonuses, etc, as well as the way management and fellow employees treat each other. But the work can get so tiring, especially if it's not a field you're into. If I had to sum it up, there's good company culture (for the most part), but extremely dull work, in my opinion.

Cons

The work can be pretty boring, as a lot of the time we are working for some insurance or re-insurance kinda place. It can even get menial sometimes, where I notice I'm not event utilizing my programming skills; I'm simply just doing junk in Excel. That's not to say the job doesn't involve programming knowledge, I just feel like a lot of the knowledge I have doesn't come to be used as often as I wish I could. This was especially the fact when I first joined. It felt like so long until I actually started doing something. If you want relatively good pay and don't mind doing something boring stuff, this is your place to start. Just try your best to work outside of the job on things you like, to maybe get out of the perpetual loop of dull work.

11. 4.0
      Current Employee

Not bad for a start off company

Sep 3, 2021 - Consultant in West Chester, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

They're very flexible with you. If you need anything just ask.

Cons

Gotta get a certificate for almost every contract

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,020 Reviews