Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project)" (in 57 reviews)

• "Best 401k match I have heard of" (in 81 reviews)

Cons
  • "You need to be in charge of your work life balance: It's Typical of Consulting" (in 25 reviews)

• "Leadership, political environment, time, Bonus Program" (in 37 reviews)

1. "Flooding in New Grads, Most Upper Management is Sales, Local Talent And Service"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been hired as a new grad and went through the water wheel and promoted to senior so here's my experience:

New Grads hired through and chugged to be promoted within as much as they can. This is great! Sure, maybe you'll be a code monkey or do things you didn't sign up for till you gain leverage but know that for the Houston unit they invest in making sure their new talent brings in the dough.

Those that can take up work where they can find it are rewarded and recognized. (Your mileage my vary).

Most work is kept at 40 Hours Capacity limit with the occasional once a month weekend support/deployment. Work from home depending on client and manager. (Heard it can change depending on pursuits and client deadlines. So don't expect this to always be the case).

Work can be very interesting depending on your location and client. Work can also be boring and empty depending on what you do and how compatible it is. (I'm looking at you testing, maintenance, and QA).

Cons

Upper Management is Sales. Maybe a few picks that inch closer to tech.
    So you're gonna have to sell and speak their language. So many buzzwords. So many sales pitch but not enough people to just think and discuss the tech. You're gonna have to make sure your numbers look good. You don't have to present yourself well during doing client work. But for promotion season, you definitely do.

Promotion is once a year! Whaaat!? Insane amount of time if you don't get promoted or was mismatched due to how the seasons went. Also, market is booming and it is a lot faster to jump to another company. (Although most people get over this because when you find your footing Sogeti is just so damn comfortable and likable). Also, the amount of work you do and whether you get promoted isn't correlated.

Not enough work. This is definitely more of a location problem (Houston Unit). Only time will tell. This problem can definitely lead some senior consultants to feel like a big fish in a small pond and chase growth elsewhere.

Consulting brings in a lot of dread for the future. (How long will I stay with this client, will my skill set be still relevant, how much do you have to learn to make sure the next client wants me, what if the work is unenjoyable).

Additionally, you might not find a client for the skill stack that you want to get involved in. It happens. Part of the job. Many will plan their parachutes if management isn't able to find a client.

Pursuing to get on a client can be pretty dreadful. Sales will tell you do learn all this stuff then switch and tell you do learn other new stuff. Pretty much shotgun approach and can be pretty dreadful and you stop caring about the tech altogether.

Advice to Management

You guys are so amazing in your approach for hiring new grads. I'm sure we don't show as much appreciation when we get older and more talented. But don't forget that you made and sculpted us.

PLEASE. Keep investing and fostering that growth. It definitely trickles down where Seniors will continue to appreciate mentors in their career and become mentors wherever they go.

I think the future can be pretty bright. But only time will tell. The investments you make will determine the quality of consultants and services your provide.

2. "Good Benefits, Okay Pay, Friendly Environment"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to engage with other consultants. 401k match is great (after 3 year vesting.)

Cons

Sales staff and account management can be hands off at times and provide less support than needed.

"Great Company for Someone Willing to Grow"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Sogeti is very focused on growing the individuals who are also willing to invest in themselves. As long as you are putting in your own effort to grow your skills, and satisfy the clients, they will provide the opportunities for you. I think too many people get stuck on the idea that a company should give all the opportunities to everyone, but Sogeti tends to match the effort and energy the individual puts into their career. There is also a large variety of activities and opportunities within the company depending on where you are (location and experience).
    - Reasonable Pay (location, level, and drive dependent)
    - 401k matching @ 150%
    - Generous PTO
    - Yearly Trips for top performers (Hawaii, Aruba, St. Thomas, etc)
    - Performance Bonus Plan (Or Comp Plan for some positions)
    - Low premium on Insurance

Through my time at Sogeti, I have grown from a developer, through team leadership, Architecture, Client partner, and even national solution architect. I have been able to switch roles any time I wanted by having a conversation with management, and putting in the effort to learn the new role/technology/skillset/etc.

Cons

- You need to be in charge of your work life balance: It's Typical of Consulting.
    - You need to manage your own growth. Promotions and opportunities are not given without your effort
    - Sometimes without a good people network, it can feel like you are isolated from the exciting projects.
    - Clients sometimes think that we are disposable resources they can try to abuse: It's Typical of Consulting.

Advice to Management

We are a technology company with a LOT of great projects done for our clients. Sometimes we should turn those skills inward so we are more cutting edge internally than our clients providing examples and learning experiences for consultants.

Let's also remember that sometimes clients ARE wrong, and we need to be willing to walk away from projects when the client is harming consultant morale. Thankfully thats not common, which means we should be MORE willing to do it

4. "Sr Sogeti"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Nothing much to write anything about

Cons

Lousy Indian Company, Slave ship with slaves. and slave visa.

5. "Good place for networking"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great place to network and build up your skillset.

- The individual unit management is usually very interested in helping.

-Can have some exciting clients.

Cons

- Salaries are very low for an IT organization
    - The bonus system is kind of a joke.
    - Raises and promotions are handed out once a year.
    - Tons of extra-workplace activities and work that needs to be done if you want to stay in good graces with the management.
    - Top talent leaves because of the flawed business model.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to get their head out of the sand and stop fleecing the units dry, and then punishing them if they don't meet their Corporate "budget" (a.k.a. sales requirement) for the year.

"Sogeti is a subpar consulting company."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great 401k
    Local model
    Expensable mileage and tolls

Cons

Doesn’t do a good job at staying engaged with employees alone at clients
    They will let clients burn out their employees without stepping in or showing concern to the employee
    They think they have culture but that is not the case compared to other consulting companies
    Pay is subpar compared to other consulting companies
    Bonus system
    Maternity leave

Advice to Management

Culture needs to be revamped. Quarterly’s need more life, they are painful. Attendance at happy hours after events is low for a reason. Even something as little as a nice holiday party would do so much for the office. You need to protect the employees that have been burned out for years. It’s okay to tell your clients, this doesn’t align with our so-called “culture.” They might even respect y’all more. Maybe you would have kept more employees this year. You need to learn how to schmooze your clients. Take them to a nice lunch or happy hour just to get to know them. Bonus system is so subjective. There is no math behind the bonus structure, at least no math that anyone could ever explain to me. Overall, going an extra mile in every way would go a long way for y’all.

7. "Great consulting company"

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Consulting opportunities to work at various clients in a variety of industries

Cons

Challenging projects depending on client

"Good First Job"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Easy to get hired out of college.
    Best 401k match I have heard of

Cons

Salary does not stay competitive over time.
    Only path upwards turns into management.
    Too much time desired outside of business hours for meetings

Advice to Management

Create alternative paths to advance without needing to manage people.

9. "Sr. QA Consultant"

Current Employee - Se Quality Assurance Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Se Quality Assurance Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fair amount of stability
    Friendly people
    Opportuunity for growth

Cons

Sometimes they send you for work for which you aren't qualified

Advice to Management

Don't lose what you have in trying to become something else.

10. "The Sale is not always priority #1"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow consultants are usually cool and fun people to work with

They'll pay for certifications and training

Work/life balance is pretty nice (since all they care about is making sure your hours are billed to a client).

Cons

Corporate treats you like a number. They say they will give you work you want, but they just stick you in the first contract that pops up regardless of what it is.

All they care about are sales and numbers.

They try to outsource as much as possible to India and they're proud of it. I've witnessed pursuit discussions where they tout their profit margins by selling trash products hacked together in India.

Absolutely no room for raises and you'll be underpaid. I started underpaid by 5k, worked for more than a year, and never even received an inflation raise.

Corporate people are facades. I always disliked talking to them because it was all smoke and mirrors.

The company is insanely cheap. Even the most ridiculous, trivial expenses were always denied because "it's just not in the budget."

The turnover is really, really, high (go figure).

This company has gotten worse and worse over the years. Consultants that have actually stuck around for years talk about how they used to be a great company. They host happy hours, payed fairly, gave decent bonuses, etc. It's gone downhill very, very quickly in the past few years however (likely in-part due to the merger with Capgemini).

Advice to Management

Where do I even start