Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 45 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain a work-life balance as there are several out-of-work events that you are highly recommended to attend on a monthly basis (in 22 reviews)

• Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit (in 35 reviews)

"Business intelligence Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and food from clients, not even sogeti

Cons

Dont have office as such, Poor management, No job security. YOU DONT HAVE CHOICE OF YOUR WORK/PROFILE. IRRESPECTIVE OF YOUR EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DO ANYTHING THEY WANT. IF YOU SAY NO YOU WILL BE FIRED. Full of politics, they dont think about the employee. All they know is their business. No humanity

Advice to Management

Employees are not slaves, treat them better coz they treat your clients who makes you and your business. Worst Career opportunities I have ever seen in this consultancy.

2. "They expect everything of their consultants while corporate is cozy"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They allow some time"on the bench".

There are some very good people.

Cons

Despite working 8 hours with a client you are still expected to drive downtown for sales calls and then back with no compensation.

They tell their employees anything to keep them happy. They told me they were trying to get me a closer position for 2 years - eventually the project was done and they never moved me. Then, when I left they offered a big raise "if they could get it approved". Later I floated coming back (when I left, on good terms, they said to let them know if I wanted to come back) and was told at an interview that the same amount they had previously "offered" was not realistic. Despite my having even more knowledge and experience.

I often saw them build up one of their consultants to a customer and then throw them under the bus, assuming he would "sink or swim".

Their bonus system is misleading. The amounts given are points based and they "allow" the selling back of PTO for points. So, even though you strive for excellent satisfaction scores for their points, near the end of December everyone sells back their PTO. This drops you down your bonus amount and saves the company from having to give PTO. The bonus pool is a set amount based on your percentage ranking with bonus points.

They only have a single high deductible insurance option, although there are no premiums.

Everyone at the corporate office claims that family is first but they have a different standard for the consultant employees who actually bring in the cash.

"Bad practices and downright unethical company - at least the Houston office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You may be able to gain good experience if you are lucky enough to be placed with a good client on a good project. Some of the coworkers are very good and knowledgeable. Heard the Dallas office is managed a bit better, but it is very hard to find any pros in the Houston office.

Cons

Hire and fire body-shopping company. They may tell you that they are providing solutions, but all they do is staff augmentation and body-shopping. They will push anyone on the bench towards any project fully knowing that their skill set doesn't match and then blame them if the client doesn't select them because they don't have the skills they are looking for.

Empty promises and full of lies - During the hiring process, they will promise big bonuses but once hired, you will realize that it is almost impossible to get a bonus because of the requirements.

Absolutely zero career growth. Compensation is way below the market. 401k is not matched every pay check - only at the end of the year and if you leave the company voluntarily or involuntarily before December, you do not get the match.

Advice to Management

Be honest and treat people respectfully. Do not make empty promises.

"Not the right place for Software Engineers"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to have decent benefits

Cons

bad pay, no career advancement

"Poor support from Staff ..they do not even respond"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sogeti as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing special

Cons

i have been working for them as a contractor for more than 2 years now , and i asked them to cut a layer but there is no proper response from them. I have called them and send hundreds of mails yet no response at all

Advice to Management

please hire good staffing management

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job that sort of pays the bills.

Cons

To keep this short, this is one of the worst companies to be a consultant for in the Seattle region. This should be your last resort in a job. Please take the advice you are reading here and take an offer from somebody else.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees and value them as people and not just a number on your spread sheet.

"Sr. Project Manager"

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none, would not work there again.

Cons

You will be working on your own, no one will be there to help you. All of the benefits that they offer like education reimbursement and the 401K will be charged back when you leave the company. I was there for almost 2 years when I resigned, they took all of the money they paid for continue education back from my last check and all of their contribution from my 401K.

"Lack of technical career path growth. Ignores consultants strengths in order to just place and forget."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides access to trainings and partner events as long as you are a high potential employee and show passion or drive for a certain business and or technology.

It was a great way to get started right out of college. I had the privilege of working with strong clients and with other colleagues that helped me learn and grow.

Benefits are great and the 401k is unmatched: 150% on 6% .

Cons

Compensation does not reflect your market value or skills and has a very low upper limit based on your position. The chances that you are placed at a client in which you can utilize your skills is low and if you are already billing at a client in which you are just a warm body placement there is little to no effort to move you to a client that needs your skills.

There are a lot of promises upon hire that either change or do not get realized at all in regards to career path. I was informed during the interview process that there was a path for a technical and or enterprise software architect expertise but that is non existent. Sales support and management are their key focus for promotional requests.

They encourage you to get highly certified but even if you prove yourself the most knowledgeable and obtain very high level certifications they favor less qualified people just based on age. Managers may even come to you for advice on the topic and present it as their own without acknowledgement. This affects the morale of new hires and proves very discouraging.

If you do not sacrifice work/life balance in order to force yourself into opportunities within the company (not technical but managerial and sales) that can lead to growth you will be placed and forgotten. Growth in the company directly relates to how much time outside of your billed hours at a client you apply to the company which can be beneficial to younger single persons but if you have a family and a multi hour commute you might have difficulty proving your case for promotion.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k plan, very little management oversight

Cons

My friend just shared with me that while he was working here one of the consultants made several negative remarks about various race groups, sat him down with religious artifacts and explained each one to him (I actually was there for this) he told her this made him uncomfortable but she continued, she told him that she doesn't work for someone of his race (Indian) and when he got upset and told her he was going to tell the practice manager she went and told him and one of the HR person a different story. Apparently the reaction by the Sogeti HR person was to take the story completely one sided as he reached out to my friend and even said that her husband threatened him. Do not work for Sogeti, I am quitting as soon as I can.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your people, when you allow for this kind of racism and behavior people will find out and you will lose clients. I will not be silent about this.

"Young Professional developer"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

- A lot of events are organized that you can join
    - A business course to Ohio Athens for 3 weeks

Cons

- Salary is lower than other companies
    - Not much training for developers if you're not interested in web development
    - You don't get a mobility budget if you don't get a car as a Young professional (which you do get if you're a professsional)
    - Most assignments are in the Randstad which means if you live further away it'll take longer to find an assignment
    - You often have to find your own assignment

Advice to Management

Take more care of your employees

Showing 148 of 1,033 reviews