Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 41 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is tricky (in 21 reviews)

• Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit (in 35 reviews)

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job that sort of pays the bills.

Cons

To keep this short, this is one of the worst companies to be a consultant for in the Seattle region. This should be your last resort in a job. Please take the advice you are reading here and take an offer from somebody else.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees and value them as people and not just a number on your spread sheet.

"Lack of technical career path growth. Ignores consultants strengths in order to just place and forget."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides access to trainings and partner events as long as you are a high potential employee and show passion or drive for a certain business and or technology.

It was a great way to get started right out of college. I had the privilege of working with strong clients and with other colleagues that helped me learn and grow.

Benefits are great and the 401k is unmatched: 150% on 6% .

Cons

Compensation does not reflect your market value or skills and has a very low upper limit based on your position. The chances that you are placed at a client in which you can utilize your skills is low and if you are already billing at a client in which you are just a warm body placement there is little to no effort to move you to a client that needs your skills.

There are a lot of promises upon hire that either change or do not get realized at all in regards to career path. I was informed during the interview process that there was a path for a technical and or enterprise software architect expertise but that is non existent. Sales support and management are their key focus for promotional requests.

They encourage you to get highly certified but even if you prove yourself the most knowledgeable and obtain very high level certifications they favor less qualified people just based on age. Managers may even come to you for advice on the topic and present it as their own without acknowledgement. This affects the morale of new hires and proves very discouraging.

If you do not sacrifice work/life balance in order to force yourself into opportunities within the company (not technical but managerial and sales) that can lead to growth you will be placed and forgotten. Growth in the company directly relates to how much time outside of your billed hours at a client you apply to the company which can be beneficial to younger single persons but if you have a family and a multi hour commute you might have difficulty proving your case for promotion.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k plan, very little management oversight

Cons

My friend just shared with me that while he was working here one of the consultants made several negative remarks about various race groups, sat him down with religious artifacts and explained each one to him (I actually was there for this) he told her this made him uncomfortable but she continued, she told him that she doesn't work for someone of his race (Indian) and when he got upset and told her he was going to tell the practice manager she went and told him and one of the HR person a different story. Apparently the reaction by the Sogeti HR person was to take the story completely one sided as he reached out to my friend and even said that her husband threatened him. Do not work for Sogeti, I am quitting as soon as I can.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your people, when you allow for this kind of racism and behavior people will find out and you will lose clients. I will not be silent about this.

"Made it past a year..."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is very good and have a talented staff. Practice Managers are engaging and encouraging.

Cons

Senior Management is horrible. There is zero communication between them and down to the employees. Office Management doesn't communicate with Practice Managers. The office will lay off resources due to lack of business (which seems to be an issue among the company). Then will not inform their Practice Managers. Meanwhile, resources that no longer exist with the compnay are being assigned work by Practice Manager.

Advice to Management

Practice Managers need to be informed as they are engaged more with clients and potential clients.

5. "Worst experience in my career"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sogeti as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The position is great for your foot in the door.

Cons

Bad Management. They don't care about the employees at all!

Advice to Management

All this company cares about is making money at the expense of the employee. They have absolutely no integrity and don't care about the employees.

"The worst company in America"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

No pros here to speak of. Is literally the worst company to work for and has no pros for it. They do a good job of being dishonest.

Cons

Bonus is a lie no one gets 20K
    No continuous work
    Work with others that have no experience and act like they do but you find out quickly they don't
    Places the worst people on the projects. Not too sure the selection criteria as it isn't the best person for the role that is used with any experience they prefer to send the people with 0 practical experience to bill at high rates only to loose the contracts at various companies.
    Don't sign any agreement or join this company you will regret it.

Advice to Management

Get some management that can actually manage and do the right thing.
    Don't allow dishonest, unethical very much wrong behavior from other employees and think that it is ok just cause you FORCE an employee to sign an agreement that says Sogeti is not liable anymore for any dishonest, illegal activities.

"Sr. Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with newer technologies

Cons

Not as good as it seems. 401k you don't vest until 3 years (not many people last that long), raises are minimum, lack of support and communication from managers. Low salary because of their benefits (which aren't as good as made out to be). Bonus constantly changes and most people do not receive a bonus that makes up for low salary if they get one at all

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest with your consultants.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, talks the talk on work-life balance, transparency, etc.

Cons

Transparency not evident in day to day dealings. I was brought into a job that was not what I was told it was. Not surprisingly, the client decided they needed someone with a different skillset. Then Sogeti wasn't able to find me another placement, and kept me in the dark until the last minute.

Advice to Management

Realize that employees are not children - we can handle the truth. If you can't find me a placement, don't keep BSing me and saying you will before letting me go with no notice due to lack of available assignment.

9. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Educational reimbursement.
    Volunteer events.
    401k Matching, but only if you are there for at least 3 years
    They have a bonus program.
    A lot of freedom in what skills you can master. They will provide financial support but not much directional guidance.
    Most the people at the local office are professional and courteous

Cons

Most of the benefits are only useful if you are there for at least 3 years. The health insurance seems nice but it has a massive deductible that will make you pay out-of-pocket for most doctor visit that aren't a major health concern. The work/life balance is tricky. It always felt like you had to work outside of your scheduled time. You will never be forced to put in extra hours for the client. However, they will constantly ask you to help around company events and come to all the meetings. What makes this a con is that if you don't do any of this, you will not see any of the bonuses. The projects are a hit or miss. If you are lucky, you will be put on a project that will help you grow. Otherwise, you will be on a mundane project which will force you to put in extra hours to maintain your relevant skills. The biggest problem is that the company focuses heavily on sales. Every meeting was about how the sales are doing.

Advice to Management

- You need to focus more on the employees and not as much on the sales.
    - Work/life isn't good if i have to work more for benefits that I should get.

"Drains the life out of you - not an ethical company"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401(K) match. Used to have great people working there. They have left as the mentality of the company has changed.

Cons

Sogeti's atmosphere and values have done a 180 degree pivot in the last few years. They used to emphasize fun and career opportunity. Now the company will chew you up and spit you out by over working you, assigning you to vampire clients that have no regard for people or their work life balance, giving little or no raise every year, and micromanaging you to no end. The company values money more than people as others have stated. There are some questionable to downright illegal things going on at some clients. Sogeti is gaining a sizeable team at some clients by slimy tactics and relationships with some people that they have planted as buyers at those clients. This is probably because they have stopped hiring good people and have little to offer the clients. The company is inflating their ratings on glassdoor by posting fake reviews. Most of the favorable reviews are company-produced. Take the negative reviews seriously. The company is cutting benefits as it struggles with legitimate sales, and is now effectively giving it's entire workforce a pay cut by imposing premiums for healthcare. That used to be a big selling point of the company - no premiums. Also, every year, the health insurance coverage quality is reduced by either increasing the deductible, or increasing the copay or the out-of-pocket maximums. The worst part is that the people in management are just unfriendly and they try to sell you on company policies as if you were stupid. Employees are lied to, promised bonuses and raises, but they never come, so people quit. This place is a revolving door of employees. Most of the people I worked with 4 years ago have left, and I felt like I was at a completely different company - in a bad way, so I left, just like they did. Life is a lot better on the outside.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your people and your business. You are driving people away. Stop the shady dealings. Compete honestly or you will eventually get caught.