Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 39 reviews)

• Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement, (in 64 reviews)

Cons

1. "Fair choice only if you have no other options"

I have been working at Sogeti (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good 401k match, some great people that are well meaning and committed

Cons

Lousy communication from local office, kept in the dark about even the most mundane information.
    Corporate Finance will not address problems due to their mistakes, lack of timely/accurate processing.
    Mandatory meetings after hours without compensation
    Benefits look good on paper but you will be penalized for using them - use your PTO and get dinged for it at bonus time.
    High deductible and less coverage on health plans.

Advice to Management

Read the reviews here and find the common elements, you'll have the list of what needs to be addressed.

2. "Worst experience in my career"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sogeti as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The position is great for your foot in the door.

Cons

Bad Management. They don't care about the employees at all!

Advice to Management

All this company cares about is making money at the expense of the employee. They have absolutely no integrity and don't care about the employees.

3. "The worst company in America"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

No pros here to speak of. Is literally the worst company to work for and has no pros for it. They do a good job of being dishonest.

Cons

Bonus is a lie no one gets 20K
    No continuous work
    Work with others that have no experience and act like they do but you find out quickly they don't
    Places the worst people on the projects. Not too sure the selection criteria as it isn't the best person for the role that is used with any experience they prefer to send the people with 0 practical experience to bill at high rates only to loose the contracts at various companies.
    Don't sign any agreement or join this company you will regret it.

Advice to Management

Get some management that can actually manage and do the right thing.
    Don't allow dishonest, unethical very much wrong behavior from other employees and think that it is ok just cause you FORCE an employee to sign an agreement that says Sogeti is not liable anymore for any dishonest, illegal activities.

5. "Sr. Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with newer technologies

Cons

Not as good as it seems. 401k you don't vest until 3 years (not many people last that long), raises are minimum, lack of support and communication from managers. Low salary because of their benefits (which aren't as good as made out to be). Bonus constantly changes and most people do not receive a bonus that makes up for low salary if they get one at all

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest with your consultants.

6. "Get your foot in and get out"

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

-People here are great to work with
    -Seems like a good starting place

Cons

Promotion is not based on how well you do at your client but how you drink the kool-aid and buy into company culture. This means getting certifications to "help" you get contracts for Sogeti. Management is terrible and there is a non-existant HR department that can stay around for 6 months.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers. I know for a fact that Sogeti is taking way more than 50% on contracts.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, talks the talk on work-life balance, transparency, etc.

Cons

Transparency not evident in day to day dealings. I was brought into a job that was not what I was told it was. Not surprisingly, the client decided they needed someone with a different skillset. Then Sogeti wasn't able to find me another placement, and kept me in the dark until the last minute.

Advice to Management

Realize that employees are not children - we can handle the truth. If you can't find me a placement, don't keep BSing me and saying you will before letting me go with no notice due to lack of available assignment.

8. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Educational reimbursement.
    Volunteer events.
    401k Matching, but only if you are there for at least 3 years
    They have a bonus program.
    A lot of freedom in what skills you can master. They will provide financial support but not much directional guidance.
    Most the people at the local office are professional and courteous

Cons

Most of the benefits are only useful if you are there for at least 3 years. The health insurance seems nice but it has a massive deductible that will make you pay out-of-pocket for most doctor visit that aren't a major health concern. The work/life balance is tricky. It always felt like you had to work outside of your scheduled time. You will never be forced to put in extra hours for the client. However, they will constantly ask you to help around company events and come to all the meetings. What makes this a con is that if you don't do any of this, you will not see any of the bonuses. The projects are a hit or miss. If you are lucky, you will be put on a project that will help you grow. Otherwise, you will be on a mundane project which will force you to put in extra hours to maintain your relevant skills. The biggest problem is that the company focuses heavily on sales. Every meeting was about how the sales are doing.

Advice to Management

- You need to focus more on the employees and not as much on the sales.
    - Work/life isn't good if i have to work more for benefits that I should get.

"Drains the life out of you - not an ethical company"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401(K) match. Used to have great people working there. They have left as the mentality of the company has changed.

Cons

Sogeti's atmosphere and values have done a 180 degree pivot in the last few years. They used to emphasize fun and career opportunity. Now the company will chew you up and spit you out by over working you, assigning you to vampire clients that have no regard for people or their work life balance, giving little or no raise every year, and micromanaging you to no end. The company values money more than people as others have stated. There are some questionable to downright illegal things going on at some clients. Sogeti is gaining a sizeable team at some clients by slimy tactics and relationships with some people that they have planted as buyers at those clients. This is probably because they have stopped hiring good people and have little to offer the clients. The company is inflating their ratings on glassdoor by posting fake reviews. Most of the favorable reviews are company-produced. Take the negative reviews seriously. The company is cutting benefits as it struggles with legitimate sales, and is now effectively giving it's entire workforce a pay cut by imposing premiums for healthcare. That used to be a big selling point of the company - no premiums. Also, every year, the health insurance coverage quality is reduced by either increasing the deductible, or increasing the copay or the out-of-pocket maximums. The worst part is that the people in management are just unfriendly and they try to sell you on company policies as if you were stupid. Employees are lied to, promised bonuses and raises, but they never come, so people quit. This place is a revolving door of employees. Most of the people I worked with 4 years ago have left, and I felt like I was at a completely different company - in a bad way, so I left, just like they did. Life is a lot better on the outside.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your people and your business. You are driving people away. Stop the shady dealings. Compete honestly or you will eventually get caught.

"Worst experience in my whole career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I was on had amazing people.

Cons

All this company cares about is making money at the expense of the employee. My career was stellar while I am a self-starter who works hard, all management cared about was getting more work out of the team without providing the leadership support. Morale was in the negative. Not a place to come work. By the way, I picked 1 star because I had to. My rating is no stars. I couldn't even make a year it was so horrible.

Advice to Management

You are so broken I don't even know where to start.

"Sogeti Lies"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work can be interesting and peers are professional

Cons

Upper management is Machiavellian and cannot be trusted

Advice to Management

I was lured to Sogeti with a lot of promises: More money, bigger bonuses, better benefits and interesting work. They had an urgent need that I could fill, so they told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear.

I walked into a contentious situation at HCTRA, one of their biggest clients in Houston. I solved the problems and turned the project around. I was lauded as a Rockstar.

Flash forward three months. I wireframed a new mobile app from top to bottom and when it came time to design the look and feel, the key decision maker for HCTRA is suddenly unhappy with my work and has me removed from the project.

In retrospect, I didn't do anything wrong. The client was fairly apathetic and uninvolved with the process of designing the app. But the clincher is that Sogeti did not even investigate the situation. They just let me go. They couldn't fire me because they knew they had no cause. They were getting rid of me to make the client happy.

In the short time I worked there, I learned that the bonus and promotion programs were incredibly subjective and controlled by one VP. The same one that hired me and let me go. Basically, Sogeti lies. They lie about their benefits. They lie about compensation. All they care about is making money.

If you are interested in consulting again, I would recommend Sapient Global Markets or Sapient Razorfish. Not Sogeti.