Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 44 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is tricky (in 21 reviews)

• Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Experience as a Sr Consultant with Sogeti USA in Chicago, IL"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sense of community with strong support, diverse opportunities, great benefits, education reimbursement, bonus program, advancement counseling, and more....

Cons

Not Sogeti-specific but more on consulting in general: You can get some less-than-ideal work depending on client. That happens anywhere thought.

2. "Sogeti USA, I'm digging it!"

Current Employee - Na in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Na in Dayton, OH

Pros

First, I will say I'm not out of the Dayton Office, Im at a satellite office, but Glassdoor doesn't give the option to not say where you're located. Seriously I have worked for a lot of consulting firms and SO FAR I have been VERY happy with Sogeti. My unit at least is VERY good with promoting their people, I've even had to turn away promotions. Our VP is awesome, supports a lot of your ventures. Granted Im not a "company man" you cant be in consulting but if you have to go some place my unit is great!

Cons

I will say that there are offices that just do not pull their weight. One that comes to mind is the NYC office. Very smart guys are being held down by a director that is a white paper regurgitatior and really has no working knowledge of the products he pushes. He often royally messes up projects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, promote your good people, their hard to find.

3. "Sogeti is one of the better consulting firms and that's why I work there."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

Excellent management and sales team. The backend of the business is run very well. The consultants here are very qualified and I have not seen anybody ruin a project via incompetence. Sogeti also offers a benefit package that clearly outshines other consulting companies and have no out of state travel for consultants.

Cons

Long hours are expected, but I guess that is why they call it work. I also have a long commute, but that is more of a "me" issue than a company issue.

Advice to Management

Take care of non-management employees and they will take care of you.

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great people, great 401k and education benefits.

Cons

Occasional "smoke and mirrors" concerning corporate communications/policies lessens trust. Not everything is %100 perfect, have more faith in your employees and provide more visibility for all things.

Advice to Management

Pick at Long Term strategy and stick to it.

5. "Sogeti, it is a place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

I've been here for many many years and it's a great place. One can learn every day and move into any job they want by working hard and planning a path to get there!

Cons

Some units are better established than others. Sales are more mature as well as the consultants. The good news in this CON is that if you hire onto a place that is not as mature it provides YOU with the opportunity to make it better!

Advice to Management

Pay a bit more attention to people VS sales when possible!

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Lots and LOTS of information and places to advance
    Do you get bored easily with doing the same ol', same ol'? Not here!!! You always doing something different.
    Very flat organization, all the management is in the office you work at!

Cons

They will only compensate you for certifications IF you pass it. If you don't, you're out 125 bucks.
    Sometimes, you can get on staff augmentation projects, which could be a pain if you are not ready for them.

Advice to Management

None. The management in the Dallas office is great! They have a commitment to you, and you can really see it. They want you to succeed, and they will do what ever it takes to keep you here and satisfied with your job!

7. "A company with high ethical standards and excellent support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Sogeti has proven to be a company where you can grow deep in the knowledge of your current position and also learn about other areas of interest to further your personal and professional development. When you need support from Sogeti, it starts at the Unit level and goes all the way up to Executive Management. Sogeti is excellent at making people feel like they are important and valuable. They constantly push you to reach new highs and challenge you to stand out. I heard a great quote my first week on the job and it was “be famous for something”. I believe that each person here can be famous for something and it will continue to make our Unit stronger- Stronger technically, stronger in delivery, stronger in perception and stronger in numbers.

Cons

Sogeti is still known in some markets as a Staff-Aug company. We need to continue to break that mold and strive towards high value business. The only other con I see is a lack of time spent together. We only get together with our entire unit once a quarter and I would like more opportunities to see my co-workers that are at other client sites.

Advice to Management

I think that the management is doing great with driving home the vision of Sogeti. I like the support that we receive in our Unit. keep it up.

"A challenging but rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

At Sogeti it's about driving your own success and putting in the extra effort to go above and beyond for our Clients and firm. I've never worked at a place where Consultants have so much power over their own careers. I appreciate that I can help decide what I work on, how much time I put into it and then actually see the impact of my hard work. Training opportunities are abundant and most Consultants are significantly better skilled than industry counterparts because of our ability to see and work on new tools, technologies and processes every few months.

Cons

If you require a lot of leadership and guidance in order to be successful than Sogeti or any other Consulting firm would be a challenge. Consultants at Sogeti define if and what they do outside of their 9-5 Client responsibilities and many choose not to do much else in terms of training, community activities, sales pursuits, etc that help to get them noticed and keep their careers moving upward.

9. "Great opportunity to work together with highly talented teams using cutting edge technology."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Pros

Sogeti provides employees with tools, and programs to advance their careers - classes, training, tuition and certification reimbursement. Sogeti provides employees with various formats to advance their leadership skills. Sogeti has excellent benefits and a great team environment.

Cons

While Sogeti USA consultants enjoy working at local area client sites, they may be required to commute up to 1 hour to reach the client site.

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Sogeti has a lot to offer consultants that want to build a career with a world class IT consulting firm. As a part of the Capgemini group, there is a lot of opportunity to learn, grow your carreer and work with top talent in the Industry.

Cons

You have to enjoy consulting and working with a varied set of clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people!

Showing 132 of 1,013 reviews