Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 21, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 39 reviews)

• Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement, (in 64 reviews)

Cons

"Could be worse, it could be better."

Current Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD

Pros

There are good opportunities for expanding your resume (education assistance, free learning resources, internal certification programs). The benefits are better than most and Sogeti offers a good balance of personal time vs work time (comp time over 40hrs + 3weeks personal time). Sogeti also pays your salary while you are on the bench.

Cons

There is a disconnect with management. Some consultants are left feeling as though the management sees them as a revenue source as opposed to an employee.

Advice to Management

Take more time to give real feedback to Consultants, not results from client surveys. It would be much more helpful in assessing my own performance.

2. "I like it, but I don't love it."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

There are good opportunities to work on interesting work, without having to travel like many of the larger consulting companies. There is decent support from management for all sorts of after work activities to help in company bonding (like Whirlyball!).

Cons

The pay is often below industry average. Bonuses are based heavily upon how much overtime you work, but you are not directly compensated for overtime (you are given comp time).

Advice to Management

Try to bring company pay in-line with industry average, otherwise all of the best people are going to leave for better paying opportunities

3. "Great for colege graduate, not much in terms of a long term carreer."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good resume builder, Sogeti name will hold some wait when looking for a job

Cons

Staff supp company, not much real focus on project work.

Advice to Management

None

5. "Good company to grow with in the initial years of consulting..."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

The opportunities to grow as a good consultant. i.e. Willingness to sell and support sales while delivering provides career growth and good compensation opportunities. Good benefits package and bonus programs. Liberal compensations although it varies from region to region. Top management strong desire to build a strong solutions focused company with a good work/life balance for it's employees.

Cons

Very sales driven to the point where staff augmentation due to shorter sales cycles seems to be preferred. Not enough motivation for AEs to sell solutions. The company could easily transform to a strong consulting organization but is challenged by the GVP and AEs focusing on playing the resume submission game with clients.

Advice to Management

Investment beyond words in solutions should be made at all levels. Navin has defined vision to move Sogeti from being a staff augmentation/professional services company but the message is getting diluted at the unit level.

"Place to get some experience on different technologies, but find something later that is more stable"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

A good place to get experience on several different technologies. The job can be extremely flexible with time off. I have met a lot of good people that work here during my time.

Cons

The expectation to always be a salesperson is a huge turnoff, especially when not all people are comfortable with sales. Lots of pressure to remain knowledgeable on all technologies that are hot on your own time. Does not have a very good training program in place, this could be done a lot better. You are knocked for being 'on the bench' when there are no projects. If there are no projects going on while on the bench, you run the risk of being let go from the company. The job security is next to nothing. The newly implemented bonus program is very unfair and rewards a cut-throat mentality vs. teamwork on projects.

Advice to Management

Rethink the bonus program, vastly improve training, take some of the sales burden off of consultants.

7. "Nice work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

They are a good work life balance company.

Cons

NO communication within a group or unit. There are no regularly scheduled reviews. I dont know if I am doing good work or not, if the client is satisfied with my performance or not?

Advice to Management

Communicate and provide feedbackon a regular basis. The PM should be more involved with providing feedback to the consultants on the quality of work and client satisfaction.

"Broad company, lots of opportunities, LOW PAY."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great projects at Sogeti, 6% match for 401k which I have not seen in any company up until now, 10000 dollars is given yearly to any employee for higher education. Sogeti provides proper training and gives you money for certifications. There are lots of social events and people are very friendly.

Cons

Low Pay, people are not paid as Valued. Senior consultants are constantly leaving the company, searching for a better paid opportunities.

Advice to Management

Forget about I3, give us better raises, show us that we are appreciated for all the hard work we are doing.

"Pay your people more."

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

They have the best 401k matching I've seen. The Health insurance is High Deductible but it's free. So if you're really sick or really healthy it's good. They offer up to $12k per year in bonuses and 5% profit sharing. Company sponsors Social Events such as sporting events, theatre (tickets to "Wicked"), Monday Night Football get togethers etc..

Company provides training and free books. Free for the most part at least.

Cons

When you find out your billing rate and realize you are getting about 25% of it, it's a bit disheartening. I'm sure this is true for most consultants, but it still sucks considering how underpaid most people here are. The bonus program relies heavily on you working overtime especially if you are a lower level consultant with a billing rate much less than others.

It's more of a staffing firm than a solutions provider. many consultants will get stuck rewriting old vb code, or rewriting legacy vb6 applications and not doing new solutions. It's a luck of the draw basically on which project you get.

Advice to Management

I would offer an alternative to the high deductible insurance. I wouldn't use Aetna either. I would put in semi-annual raises and reviews. I would also offer much more in the way of salary.

Overall, as you can see from others is, it's a good place to work, you just won't get paid what you are worth.

10. "Combines FTE benefits & stability with a contractor's flexibility, but advancement requires you go into sales."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

Pros

Awesome 401k plan: 100% match of your first 6%, plus 5% on top. 100% paid bench time in between projects. Health care plan premiums are 100% paid. Consultants are salaried, but extra time billed at the client is paid out as comp time. The consultant model gives you the positives from both worlds: the stability and benefits of being an FTE, with the variety of assignments of a contractor.

Cons

You are completely dependent on the sales team to find you projects, and they don't have that many. They don't maintain a strong bullpen of available consultants, and they don't go after low margin opportunities, so they are consistently overlooked by companies looking for Test or PM consultants.

If you want to move up, the career ladder requires you to become a salesman. You cannot simply be good at what you do and expect pay increases or promotions. To move from Senior Consultant to Principle Consultant, for example, you must help land $500 million in sales opportunities.

After completing your obligations to the client, you are expected to put in time off the clock attending unit meetings, counselor meetings, training, meetings with potential clients, and company events. It's like going to a second job after your job. You are not obligated to attend, but you won't get a bonus or raise if you don't, no matter how much you grow your skills.

Health care is free, but there's a $5000 deductable on family health care plan. 401k match is the best in the industry, but the investment options are limited and there's a three year vesting period.

Vacation and sick leave are lumped together as three weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO). This is a bit low, but not so bad in itself, except that you are forced to take PTO if your client has a holiday that is not recognized by Sogeti. You can't bill the client, and Sogeti won't pay you, even if you are available and willing to work.

Advice to Management

Have a career ladder for architects - individual contributors that want to excel in their job skills but don't want to go into sales. If you want be something other than a revolving door for twenty-something college grads, you need to make a long term commitment towards keeping employees with families. We care about going home after work. We need health coverage without such huge deductables.

11. "Not bad right now but can be better. Well think of it, when is that not true"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Decent Salary. decent benifits. Competent people.

Cons

Not many big clients. Not much to gain exxposure wise. I think they need to concentrate on building teams and execute projects as opposed to body shopping. I believe they have the competent people in place to accomplish that. Another think I would like to see happen better is an increase on the emphasis of training. They should do more external based training rather than just user groups and stuff.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing good within their abilities