Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • the work/life balance is amazing and the ability to work from home virtually whenever you feel like it make this place a great company (in 36 reviews)

• great 401K match, I think they are top 1% in the nation (in 62 reviews)

1. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, talks the talk on work-life balance, transparency, etc.

Cons

Transparency not evident in day to day dealings. I was brought into a job that was not what I was told it was. Not surprisingly, the client decided they needed someone with a different skillset. Then Sogeti wasn't able to find me another placement, and kept me in the dark until the last minute.

Advice to Management

Realize that employees are not children - we can handle the truth. If you can't find me a placement, don't keep BSing me and saying you will before letting me go with no notice due to lack of available assignment.

2. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Educational reimbursement.
    Volunteer events.
    401k Matching, but only if you are there for at least 3 years
    They have a bonus program.
    A lot of freedom in what skills you can master. They will provide financial support but not much directional guidance.
    Most the people at the local office are professional and courteous

Cons

Most of the benefits are only useful if you are there for at least 3 years. The health insurance seems nice but it has a massive deductible that will make you pay out-of-pocket for most doctor visit that aren't a major health concern. The work/life balance is tricky. It always felt like you had to work outside of your scheduled time. You will never be forced to put in extra hours for the client. However, they will constantly ask you to help around company events and come to all the meetings. What makes this a con is that if you don't do any of this, you will not see any of the bonuses. The projects are a hit or miss. If you are lucky, you will be put on a project that will help you grow. Otherwise, you will be on a mundane project which will force you to put in extra hours to maintain your relevant skills. The biggest problem is that the company focuses heavily on sales. Every meeting was about how the sales are doing.

Advice to Management

- You need to focus more on the employees and not as much on the sales.
    - Work/life isn't good if i have to work more for benefits that I should get.

"Drains the life out of you - not an ethical company"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401(K) match. Used to have great people working there. They have left as the mentality of the company has changed.

Cons

Sogeti's atmosphere and values have done a 180 degree pivot in the last few years. They used to emphasize fun and career opportunity. Now the company will chew you up and spit you out by over working you, assigning you to vampire clients that have no regard for people or their work life balance, giving little or no raise every year, and micromanaging you to no end. The company values money more than people as others have stated. There are some questionable to downright illegal things going on at some clients. Sogeti is gaining a sizeable team at some clients by slimy tactics and relationships with some people that they have planted as buyers at those clients. This is probably because they have stopped hiring good people and have little to offer the clients. The company is inflating their ratings on glassdoor by posting fake reviews. Most of the favorable reviews are company-produced. Take the negative reviews seriously. The company is cutting benefits as it struggles with legitimate sales, and is now effectively giving it's entire workforce a pay cut by imposing premiums for healthcare. That used to be a big selling point of the company - no premiums. Also, every year, the health insurance coverage quality is reduced by either increasing the deductible, or increasing the copay or the out-of-pocket maximums. The worst part is that the people in management are just unfriendly and they try to sell you on company policies as if you were stupid. Employees are lied to, promised bonuses and raises, but they never come, so people quit. This place is a revolving door of employees. Most of the people I worked with 4 years ago have left, and I felt like I was at a completely different company - in a bad way, so I left, just like they did. Life is a lot better on the outside.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your people and your business. You are driving people away. Stop the shady dealings. Compete honestly or you will eventually get caught.

5. "Pas de projet de carriere"

Current Employee - ingernieur testing in Villeurbanne (France)
    Current Employee - ingernieur testing in Villeurbanne (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Très bon CE, ticket restaurants

Cons

Pas d'évolutions, de formations, d'augmentations, très faible salaires à l'emploi...

Advice to Management

Valoriser vos employers

"Expected better"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first positive for working for Sogeti UK is that you get to put it on your CV at the end. Capgemini is the only reason this is a positive though as your new employer probably has not heard of Sogeti and you will have to mention Capgemini to make it worth putting on.

Second is the people (not management) It feels like we are all in this together trying to survive.

Third is the free drinks as much Coke/Juice/Tea/Coffee as you like

Cons

Extreme lack of training & Job opportunities - We were all told to do training when we get back home on a night time, social life is frowned upon. This is to counteract the appalling bench management Sogeti has with its employees.

A DevOps initiative that is just laughable - Sending a bunch of clueless people off to do a task is in no way creating "a leader in the DevOps environment"

Not got the skills for the job? Don't worry Sogeti will send you on that assignment anyway if they can sneak you past the client. Spent 6 months on that assignment completely out of your depth with no help from "management"

Pay is very sub par. As a graduate, it is best to avoid Sogeti altogether and just apply to Capgemini who owns Sogeti. They pay much more and you have full access to their training and benefits.

Advice to Management

Implement the core slogan of Capgemini "People Matter, Results Count"
    At the moment we don't matter and the only thing that you count is revenue!

Fix the Cons (see above)

Sogeti Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Social Recruiting Consultant

Thank you for your review. In an ever changing market, we promote continuous learning for our employees and we have plenty of online courses from the Capgemini University and also try our best to ... More

"Worst experience in my whole career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I was on had amazing people.

Cons

All this company cares about is making money at the expense of the employee. My career was stellar while I am a self-starter who works hard, all management cared about was getting more work out of the team without providing the leadership support. Morale was in the negative. Not a place to come work. By the way, I picked 1 star because I had to. My rating is no stars. I couldn't even make a year it was so horrible.

Advice to Management

You are so broken I don't even know where to start.

8. "Vendeur de rêve"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ticket restau à 8.6
    transport remboursé à 100% lors des missions

Cons

Les commerciaux ne se préoccupent même pas de votre profil ni de vos envies, leur seul but c'est de vous placer en mission. Ils vont te vendre une mission peu valorisante en t'envoyant du rêve. Ils sont pros pour ça. Au bout de 1 ou 2 refus on te licencie
    Une fois dans la mission, le seul moyen d'en sortir c'est de démissionner. Les managers vont toujours te promettre de bientôt te changer de mission. Certains salariés attendent depuis des années qu'on leur change de mission pour une plus interressante.
    De plus eux ne se gènent pas de vous sortir de mission sans votre consentement si il n'y a plus besoin de vous.
    Ensuite ils vont chercher la petite faute pour vous virer si vous êtes en intercontrat
    Aucune prime intéressement ou participation
    Progression de carrière très longue...
    Pour avoir une formation, c'est le parcours du combattant...

Tous les outils mis à disposition sont superficiels. Ils ne servent qu'à donner bonne image et donner l'impression d'une boite sérieuse. En réalité ce n'est que du vent. Ils ne servent à pas grand chose

Advice to Management

Faites vous racheter par une boite plus soucieuse de la carrière du collaborateur

"Sogeti Lies"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work can be interesting and peers are professional

Cons

Upper management is Machiavellian and cannot be trusted

Advice to Management

I was lured to Sogeti with a lot of promises: More money, bigger bonuses, better benefits and interesting work. They had an urgent need that I could fill, so they told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear.

I walked into a contentious situation at HCTRA, one of their biggest clients in Houston. I solved the problems and turned the project around. I was lauded as a Rockstar.

Flash forward three months. I wireframed a new mobile app from top to bottom and when it came time to design the look and feel, the key decision maker for HCTRA is suddenly unhappy with my work and has me removed from the project.

In retrospect, I didn't do anything wrong. The client was fairly apathetic and uninvolved with the process of designing the app. But the clincher is that Sogeti did not even investigate the situation. They just let me go. They couldn't fire me because they knew they had no cause. They were getting rid of me to make the client happy.

In the short time I worked there, I learned that the bonus and promotion programs were incredibly subjective and controlled by one VP. The same one that hired me and let me go. Basically, Sogeti lies. They lie about their benefits. They lie about compensation. All they care about is making money.

If you are interested in consulting again, I would recommend Sapient Global Markets or Sapient Razorfish. Not Sogeti.

"A Bad Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Test Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People there I have met were wonderful and still keep in touch till this date, with the obvious stench of some glorified Yes nerds, but that is with every company. That is the only pro...

Cons

Salary was horrific. You start off at £20k and the salary doesn't get much better. I had to moan and say that previous promotions get more before they upped my salary. The CEO treats you like a pile of dirt, comparing you with a baby. A certain Lupton has the charisma of a cottage cheese.

You have no say on your "work life" balance they promise you. They will ship you to Syria if they wanted to on the same day. When I joined as a graduate on the very same day I got shipped to a city up north even though I told them my parents were ill and needed looked after here for a bit, they didn't give a toss. And they sold me as a EXPERT Tester! Liars.

Also good luck in getting promotions. Their excuse to people are they can't charge clients more so they can't up the salary, when people on BENCH have been getting promotions, or some upper management that don't have a clue how to tie their own shoe laces.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. They do exist even if you ship them to another town. Reward your employees for the hard work they do, and boy do they do hard work for peanuts. Don't treat them like a thing that you could pass around the companies, they have feelings. HR need to do a better job of engaging with employees too. There's not enough site visits and people feel like they're part of the client's company rather than Sogeti. And tell the truth to your clients, tell them that this person can do this or that or has this many year's experience, don't make them lie so they can get in then get embarrassed when they can't do what you told them to do then penalise them for that.

11. "I have worked there for almost 3 years. I wouldn't hire them once I move on"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is the 401k match: $1.50 for every $1 up to 6%. There is a catch, however, you have to be there for 3 years to be vested. Otherwise you don't get anything.

Cons

It is really a staffing company, not consulting. As such there is no plan to grow people. The focus is on campus hire: cheap labor with little expectatoons. Management tells you what you want to hear, not the truth. Management tries to push people out before they are vested. Bonus structure is supposed to be transpatent but the way the metrics are calculated cannot be explained. For 2017, it is only dependent on your manager's decision so it will even be more grey.

Advice to Management

Considering the high turnover, think about the message that your ex-employees take to the street. Nobody comes back yk eork for Sogeti; it is a clear message. Invest in your biggest asset; your people. "If you want to improve your business, take care of your employees.", Richard Branson