Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

Sogeti Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 42 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 63 reviews)

Cons

"Full of Lies and Empty Promises"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best 401k program (150% match)
    Used to have no premium insurance but now have to pay. Not that much so it's still considered ok.
    HSA
    Work-life balance
    Most of co-workers are awesome
    Not great but still decent PTO (roll-over PTO to next year)

Cons

TONS AND TONS of RED TAPES

- Only 7 holidays a year (the least number of holidays for any company I've heard)
    - If you are on the bench, you're at a high risk for layoff
    - The Houston office isn't as good as before because of management
    - All of the numbers (revenue, profit, etc) might seem great but they are not real. They just lie to reassure the employees. Last year the numbers were so bad that they couldn't even released it.
    - Mass hiring and firing all the times. Hired a bunch of new people and have no place for them then lay them off after a couple of months.
    -Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit. Even if you do a great work at your client, but if you don't help with sale nor place bench people then you get $0 bonus even though you're hired as a consultant, not an AE.
    -Super high turnover rate. People accepted offers to join Sogeti because they told them whatever they want to hear. Once they find out that they are all lies and empty promises, most of them quit.
    - They value NEW hires more than current employees. Current employees' jobs are at risk because they try to replace them with new hires.
    - Sogeti says you have X amount of money to use for education per year but you can't just use them on any cert you want. They only pay for what they want, and NOT what you want. Oh, and if you quit within 1 year after they reimbursed you for your education, they will take it out of your paycheck

Advice to Management

Quit lying to the employees. Quit making up stories about new projects, more profits or revenues. Quit mass hiring and firing people. Only hire who you need or is qualified. This lower Sogeti's reputation. Make bonus program better, not worse. Allow employees to study any cert they want as long as the cost is within the education reimbursement limit. Treat your CURRENT employees better to retain talents instead of focusing on the cost.

2. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to different projects and technologies.

Cons

Very poor counselling and on boarding program. Operates more as glorified recruiting company rather than a consulting company. Placing a resource from one practice into another practice just so that they can clear the bench. Not very good with people management.

Advice to Management

Most people (especially graduates) use Sogeti as a launching pad for their careers. Most people do not want to stay in the company as long as they are placed in a project. Company is not very people focused but only interested in revenue. They need to be more people focused and act more like a consulting company.

3. "Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k plan, very little management oversight

Cons

My friend just shared with me that while he was working here one of the consultants made several negative remarks about various race groups, sat him down with religious artifacts and explained each one to him (I actually was there for this) he told her this made him uncomfortable but she continued, she told him that she doesn't work for someone of his race (Indian) and when he got upset and told her he was going to tell the practice manager she went and told him and one of the HR person a different story. Apparently the reaction by the Sogeti HR person was to take the story completely one sided as he reached out to my friend and even said that her husband threatened him. Do not work for Sogeti, I am quitting as soon as I can.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your people, when you allow for this kind of racism and behavior people will find out and you will lose clients. I will not be silent about this.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training/development, great benefits, work life balance, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Self managed, you definitely have to manage your own projects and time.

6. "Sub-par salary balanced with great culture, benefits, and work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun, laid back culture,
    Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement,
    The opportunity to work with some amazing client companies, such as General Electric, Proctor & Gamble, and Johnson & Johnson,
    Good work/life balance

Cons

Salaries are below average,
    Promotion and bonus processes are somewhat political

Advice to Management

If you want to retain employees rather than see them jump ship, you should pay them what they're worth.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consult in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consult in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Opportunities for career growth
    - Many training programs and education cost reimbursement
    - Pay is at par with the current market standards.
    - Nice projects and approachable HR.
    - Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project).

Cons

-At times you might have to work hard to get to the expectations

8. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

Name recognition & some good delivery people

Cons

Downtown location (bad traffic)/ Pressure to place bench consultants even when they're not necessarily a good fit for the project

Advice to Management

Don't rely so heavily on full-time salaried consultants - add in W2 hourly and 1099 hourly consultants so there isn't such a bench liability when consultants are between projects.

9. "automation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Learn . You have all the tools to learn more and get experience
    salary is ok the 401k is the best 150 % match
    good contract

Cons

you have to keep your self update to all new technology

10. "Senior Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Sogeti is having the ability to reach for your own success. I have personally had the opportunity to participate in the sales side of the business, in interviews, and in leadership calls - all apart from having the ability to learn new technologies on the job. Go-getters will thrive in this environment. All of the leadership in Chicago is willing to help and teach when needed. My career has grown tremendously with the help of my mentors here and I am excited for the future.

Cons

It is a subsidiary of Capgemini so sometimes there is a lot of red tape to get things done.

Advice to Management

We need to have more unit meetings.

11. "Sogeti - Chicago"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This organization is full of sharp, forward-thinking, Business & IT subject matter experts. Our internal flexibility & agility, the access to global and local resources, and the internal collaboration, combine to create a solid system for effective delivery to our clients.

Cons

Could proactively hire more talent for out-looked growth & success.