Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

Sogeti Reviews

Updated February 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • the work/life balance is amazing and the ability to work from home virtually whenever you feel like it make this place a great company (in 36 reviews)

• 401K match at 150% up to 6% of salary (in 64 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You manage your own career, and Sogeti gives you all of the tools to better yourself

Cons

None I can think of at this time

2. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The hours depend upon your client. Sogeti is very flexible. Management does not micromanage. PTO is nice. Benefits are good. However, they may not be as good in the future. It's all perspective. Great 401k match.

Cons

If you are on a project that has "lifers" on it you are more likely to be promoted, get raises, recognition, etc.

Advice to Management

Look for those women/men on smaller, but HIGH margin projects. Those employees are key to your success.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be a good way to get experience when you are fresh out of college.

Cons

Mediocre pay
    Mediocre benefits
    You are a cog in the machine
    Corporate doesn't really care

Advice to Management

Concentrate on your employees and the profits will flow.

5. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary, opportunity to learn through a variety of fun and different assignments. The people I work with are fantastic.

Cons

Consultant work has its drawback in general. Actionable feedback is difficult to track down. Their system for promotions & bonuses are a bit clunky. Sales is a part of the job.

Advice to Management

Please provide actionable, frequent and targeted feedback to your employees. Please look at revisiting the promotion and bonus structures.

6. "I have worked there for almost 3 years. I wouldn't hire them once I move on"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is the 401k match: $1.50 for every $1 up to 6%. There is a catch, however, you have to be there for 3 years to be vested. Otherwise you don't get anything.

Cons

It is really a staffing company, not consulting. As such there is no plan to grow people. The focus is on campus hire: cheap labor with little expectatoons. Management tells you what you want to hear, not the truth. Management tries to push people out before they are vested. Bonus structure is supposed to be transpatent but the way the metrics are calculated cannot be explained. For 2017, it is only dependent on your manager's decision so it will even be more grey.

Advice to Management

Considering the high turnover, think about the message that your ex-employees take to the street. Nobody comes back yk eork for Sogeti; it is a clear message. Invest in your biggest asset; your people. "If you want to improve your business, take care of your employees.", Richard Branson

7. "A place to make a consulting career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sogeti acts like a small company with benefits of large company. Sogeti has an entrepreneurial spirt at local level with the organization structured at the city level, but it has tremendous power to delivery globally with a 180K employees world-wide. This allows employees to be decision makers and get involved while implementing fun and innovate solutions that can only be delivered by a large IT service provider and Sogeti’s relationship with Capgemini.

Sogeti has a good balance between sales and delivery. The leadership team knows that good delivery is a key to long customer relationships and they have made investments in the last 2 years to standardize delivery and sales processes through their pursuit certification and engagement manager certification processes.

There is a clear career path at Sogeti and the requirements for advancement are clear and objective. Consultants willing to spend a little time outside of their client serving work are rewarded.

As with any consulting career, you can quickly develop a professional network with Sogeti. The benefit Sogeti brings is that you can build a deep local network in your market without having to travel across the country.

Cons

The onus of career management is squarely on the individual consultant at Sogeti. This can be difficult for many consultants who need a little push. Consultants with good ideas are free to implement them, but it can be difficult to get executive level sponsorship and support.

Due to the emphasis on local consulting, niche skills or senior level technical abilities are difficult to retain since the demand for those skills needs to be at the local level. You need to be flexible to work at Sogeti if you have a niche skill that may not be in constant demand in your market.

Advice to Management

The standardization of delivery and sales is a good first step. Please keep investing in solution building. The implementation of national solution architects goes a long way towards address the issues with maintain senior level talent at the local level. Sogeti could do a better job integrating with our Capgemini brethren as we go to market.

8. "Great to Work For!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great vision on emerging technologies
    - Stable pipeline of local client work
    - Regional offices around the US with opportunity for travel
    - Great work/life balance

Cons

- Education time is rarely allocated after client placement

Advice to Management

Continue keeping entry level consultants involved. It gives great insight into how the business works.

9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros: It sounds like a lot depends which unit you're in. I'm in the Phoenix unit, and we have amazing support from our Account Executives, Leadership, and practice managers. It's also great to be a consultant and not have to be on the road all the time (locally based clients, as opposed to other large consulting gigs where you travel each week).

Sogeti has great benefits, we have a great health insurance that used to be free premiums (2017 we will have to pay a small premium), great tuition reimbursement policy, and a solid 401k match (Sogeti matches $1.50 for every $1 you invest; it is fully vested after 3 years, up to 6% of base salary), plus a pretty reasonable bonus structure

Aside from the unit, I can say a lot of how your experience is depends on what you make of it. My current engagement is amazing, as the account executive and onsite manager have been working very hard to develop a solid relationship with our client. Because of this, we have a lot of awesome opportunities and a pretty easy going experience with the client employees. They feel our support and don't feel threatened by us being there.

There's tons of assistance in getting certifications, and typically Sogeti will reimburse most of the fees, because they get more skilled & certified consultants to sell to their clients, and you as the consultant get chances to further your education. Its a win-win for the company & its consultants. Plus the clients get better resources to help them with their work.

Cons

Cons would be its tough to feel tied into your unit when you're in small teams spread across the whole city. You have to make an effort to feel connected to your unit, which can be tough. Also, there's not a very firm hierarchy, so you typically do not have a supervisor watching over you all day. If you aren't entrepreneurial, it can be tough to feel successful.

Advice to Management

Biggest piece of advice would be to revisit the premium coverage. That was one of my biggest selling points that convinced me to join Sogeti. With the 2017 plan increases, having consultants have to pay some of the premium each paycheck is a big hit against one of the best benefits Sogeti offered. I gave that 4 out of 5 stars because of that change. Otherwise I've heard every year the bonus plan changes, but the 2017 changes sound very reasonable, as the GVP & local leadership know their leadership, and we as consultants have better control over our contributions than with the IBP point structure in 2016, so no complaints there.

10. "Not sure how you got 3 stars"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401(k) matching is the best I have seen, sadly it ends there.

Cons

No work life balance - Expected to be 100% billable and SELL, train yourself, teach other employees, develop internal programs, publish for the company on your time.

No input on assignments - Was actually told to think of myself as a commodity to be sold not unlike cattle.

Pay is low and salary increases are random or non-existent. No rhyme or reason how they are awarded. If you get one, you will get a letter in the mail sometime in late January with a flat dollar amount. You need to request an increase to be considered. If not awarded, you can appeal but the request will not be followed up on and you will never hear anything back.

HR doesn't seem to have a plan. The convoluted bonus structure is changed annually - sometimes mid-year and is heavily focused on sales. Need to develop a plan and stick with it so employees can begin to understand it and know what to aim for. Health care is no longer free but this was unheard of so no surprise that we have to pay premiums but it is a high deductible plan - 6k for family before it even pays for a prescription. Carriers change as frequently as the bonus plan so it is difficult to maintain provider relationships and stay in the network.

Management is invisible and has significant trust issues in the company

Advice to Management

There are many opportunity for management to make things better if they want. Unfortunately, during my tenure I haven't seen this happen yet. You need to start valuing the people you have working for you still - after all we are not cattle. T/O is high and will continue if changes are not made.

11. "Small Company - Better Opprtunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lot of Responsibilities, good visibility of the hierarchy

Cons

Salaries could be slightly higher (+20%).