Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

1,033 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,033 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 45 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain a work-life balance as there are several out-of-work events that you are highly recommended to attend on a monthly basis (in 22 reviews)

• Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit (in 35 reviews)

1. "Manager"

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Good people, good 401k match, continuing education

Cons

Lower pay, high turnover, stagnant business growth.

2. "Benefits are good"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 401K benefit is good
    - Ample of Opporunities

Cons

- Lack of communication and interaction once employee is billable
    - Lack of employee career roadmap

Advice to Management

- Engage employees for defining career roadmap

3. "Consultant"

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Sogeti hired me fresh out of a college and it was an awesome way for me to get my start. I was immediately placed on a client project with their biggest client in Washington. I came in with a very limited skill set. The client and Sogeti were both willing to offer me training to improve my skills and professional development. Ultimately I was placed on projects that pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me figure out what exactly it is that I want to do. Each project taught me something new while still incorporating skills I had. I even got to work with senior level individuals at Sogeti to enhance my skills. I learn by watching others, so being able to watch and then do was very helpful for me. Overall I have Sogeti to thank for making me the well rounded young professional I am today.

Cons

As a result of being at the client site so much I didn't get to interact with a lot of Sogeti people.

Advice to Management

Hire more people fresh out college. :)

4. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growth Opportunity
    - Culture
    - Onboarding
    - Benefits

Cons

The job is very fast paced when you start initially, but you will adjust.

5. "Unethical"

Former Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K, Profit Sharing. The 401K matching is good compared to most companies.

Cons

The HR team that handles employee relationship is very unethical

Advice to Management

I have no advice to the management team

"Decent company where the up years are ok to good, but the down years are a major struggle"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Other reviews correct, 401k matching is one of the most legit in the consulting industry

T-Mobile business plan BYOD with fairly cheap payroll deduct upgrades like extra line or extra data. Depending on your client you may not use it for business reasons often, but you still have it available for personal/business use when necessary + tethering which is always a nice perk.

This straddles as a neutral for me as I knew going in, but opportunities for travel are minimal. For those with families who wish to remain local to the area, this is superb as you will not need to jet off every week or so, or drive all over the region for the clients. If you tend to get itchy feet on occasion and like to see the insides of the nation's airports, look elsewhere. Minor relocation assistance is possible if you have a specific skill for a business need.

Senior guys knowledgeable and usually willing to help out the many Jr staff push their careers forward

Initially: happy hours, group events, health benefits (see below), tuition reimbursement, office atmosphere

Great opportunity for new grad to become established and for people late in their career to settle into and retire from without fears of age discrimination that also have been strangling the consulting industry.

Depending on team, work from home and flexible hours are fantastic. Get your assignments/meetings done and you won't feel like you are slaved to the PC when the work dies down... just be available for the rest and you will be ok. This is never an excuse to slack, but more motivation to work efficiently and swiftly in a minimum amount of time which is necessary considering working hours of some international clients.

People who are desperately working to keep the workplace culture alive as it has diminished over the years as teams have been split up across the units, not to be seen again for months at a time if ever again. These people are fantastic and their efforts appreciated during downturns.

Various project choice allows developing your skills in any number of directions that may loosely align with your career goals, or try out subjects you otherwise would not have if it was not your main role somewhere else with little risk of failure as a deterrent. If it absolutely does not work out, you can be reassigned. Beware of chasing the in-demand skill of the day, though, as by the time you master it, the deal that prompted it may have fallen through entirely or the skill of the day has changed and you will be expected to follow suit. Pick a few technologies to specialize in and ardently stick with it - it is healthier for your future career after Sogeti to have strong talents in smaller areas than weak talents all over the board that you never actually put into practice.

Cons

Things have changed over the last few years, mostly from having too many eggs in one major basket in the Cincinnati market, and when that basket starts getting smaller, the squeeze hits everybody exceptionally hard. This has resulted in a culture shift for the worse as time has gone on from my start date, with far fewer company events, almost no happy hours, few extracurriculars after work, and generally the office feeling pretty empty when it was once jam packed and buzzing with activity on any given day. Part of this was caused by a client moving out of the building, reducing face to face visibility drastically.

Bonus plan changes yearly company-wide, and you will almost certainly never see the 24k the benefits page promises or be able to draw from all the education reimbursement you have (1yr golden handcuff on that anyhow and can feel like pulling teeth to use it). Speaking of which, the great 401k plan vests at the 3 year mark as others have stated, but turnover typically beats this out by a year or so, so don't bank on it. Salaries here are lower than market average and very difficult to shake up on a down year so don't feel locked in by the vesting schedule.

Sogeti was also sold as having great project mobility to align your interests and skills to a project best suited for it, but approaches this with a body shop mentality where you will be placed on next open project to keep you billing, even if it is a bad fit. Once this happens it can be exceptionally difficult to move elsewhere especially since you get pulled into that same sorting pipe again if we're currently running lean, although some people do genuinely get placed where they are most useful and where their interests align. Has a very "bulk up the staff now, sort it out later" feeling to it.

Health benefits were sold as free premiums not more than just a year ago, even though the deductible was pretty high (nearly catastrophe plan levels), the younger workforce they employ appreciated no premiums for a plan they would use minimally anyway, so it worked out well for the majority. Recently though, the "realities of doing business in the USA" have caught up to us and instilled some lofty premiums for the same catastrophe level plan, with no adjustments in salary to compensate, so a benefit became a unilateral pay cut and saw a major shift in company culture that most are still bitter about. Families have taken the brunt of this issue.

Finally, and this is not a problem unique to this location, but management feels like a rubber band. You reach a certain point in your career where if you want to make more $, you need to introduce sales goals into your title without exception, otherwise you hit the cap. I liken this to a rubber band because the harder it is stretched, the more stress it will feel without suitable reward. There is very little consistency at the practice manager level as there is not much reward for doing the required work of the role, and also doubled with the expectation of keeping on task with the current engagements while remaining billable. This places enormous stress on the consultants' direct leadership as the leaders will make it one year before trying to pass the role on to the next guy in line trying to climb the ladder. Very few people are able to juggle this demanding dual workload without cracking at the seams so kudos to them for holding on. What this means in your day to day life is limited engagement with the person directly responsible for your promotion, so you might need to be a bit intrusive to make sure they remember who you are in their already extremely packed lives - and spread that out over the entire practice and you can see how this can be an issue.

Advice to Management

It is a decent company to work for, but please know the finagling with the bonus structure and promotion schedule methods are highly transparent to consultants. The group also cannot live and die at the whims of a single major client, and consultants hammering the railroad spikes in the field should be more shielded from downturns caused by that same issue. Management should not have to take on such a massive workload as it can lead to directionless consultants at the lower levels and can leave some feeling forgotten as another cog in the machine if they can't naturally gain any visibility.

Bonuses have always been excruciatingly difficult to acquire, and it can feel like wheeling and dealing just to be rewarded a small one. This follows the same issues as management being overburdened - you only get noticed by forcing yourself into their space, further slowing their work down.

Work on repairing the culture which has seen major hits over the last few years. The loss of a certain manager due to actions by the client has deadened the culture in its tracks and strong efforts need to be made here to make this a fun place to work again. It can be, these issues are solvable but will require a shift in mindset on the role of individual consultants. Consultants need to be allowed to consult across all units instead of feeling like the next cog in the client's machine.

"Great people, excellent flexibility"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In an industry where balancing home and work can be extremely difficult, Sogeti has given me immense flexibility with hours and work from home options. I'v been able to balance raising kids on my own with work in a way I don't think other tech companies make possible. You are the owner of your career here, if you want to stay at the same level or move up, it seems you can do so since it's an expanding company. Very transparent, ethical culture - I have never seen a sale based on half truths.

Cons

There is a lack of gender diversity in all level of leadership.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more gender diversity among the leaders and also a very clear and well understood structure to move into leadership and increase responsibilities.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, the ability to give input on change and be heard, great people, nice looking office, and excellent benefit package.

Cons

Organizational structure and communication can be confusing

Advice to Management

I see change coming to the office in positive ways. So just keep up the good work!

9. "Great People - Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is varied and interesting. I really like my manager. I'm learning alot and am have been given progressively more responsibility. The comp plan is at market and there's a year end bonus which I always look forward to. Benefits are good too.

Cons

The organizational structure can be a little confusing . Also lots of services offerings to get familiar with.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and capabilities. We need and appreciate it!

10. "The Freedom to Craft Your Own Career"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly culture; endless possibilities; access to training; mentoring valued; fun; some of the best people I've ever worked with/met. Longevity is possible as long as you're willing to invest in them.

Cons

Recognition and feedback is not as institutionalized as I'd like, but I've created my own sub-culture.

Advice to Management

When the market is hot, retention is a struggle. You're simply going to have to get creative!

Showing 1,033 of 1,062 reviews