Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

Sogeti Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 41 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 64 reviews)

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

They do have some quality opportunities to gain valuable experience

Cons

Compensation is a lot lower than average

2. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dayton, OH

Pros

Best benefits you will come across

Cons

Promotions are only considered at the end of the year

"Worst experience in my whole career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team I was on had amazing people.

Cons

All this company cares about is making money at the expense of the employee. My career was stellar while I am a self-starter who works hard, all management cared about was getting more work out of the team without providing the leadership support. Morale was in the negative. Not a place to come work. By the way, I picked 1 star because I had to. My rating is no stars. I couldn't even make a year it was so horrible.

Advice to Management

You are so broken I don't even know where to start.

"Sogeti Lies"

Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work can be interesting and peers are professional

Cons

Upper management is Machiavellian and cannot be trusted

Advice to Management

I was lured to Sogeti with a lot of promises: More money, bigger bonuses, better benefits and interesting work. They had an urgent need that I could fill, so they told me whatever they thought I wanted to hear.

I walked into a contentious situation at HCTRA, one of their biggest clients in Houston. I solved the problems and turned the project around. I was lauded as a Rockstar.

Flash forward three months. I wireframed a new mobile app from top to bottom and when it came time to design the look and feel, the key decision maker for HCTRA is suddenly unhappy with my work and has me removed from the project.

In retrospect, I didn't do anything wrong. The client was fairly apathetic and uninvolved with the process of designing the app. But the clincher is that Sogeti did not even investigate the situation. They just let me go. They couldn't fire me because they knew they had no cause. They were getting rid of me to make the client happy.

In the short time I worked there, I learned that the bonus and promotion programs were incredibly subjective and controlled by one VP. The same one that hired me and let me go. Basically, Sogeti lies. They lie about their benefits. They lie about compensation. All they care about is making money.

If you are interested in consulting again, I would recommend Sapient Global Markets or Sapient Razorfish. Not Sogeti.

6. "Good starting company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great benefits. Decent work/life balance. Decent pay.

Cons

Be prepared to kiss arse... if you want to raise up in the ranks of the company or get bonuses.

Advice to Management

Recognize the consultants who are billing the entire year. People get forgotten, because they are on on-site at a client for an entire year or more. You would think that would be good enough to receive a bonus, but it's not.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You manage your own career, and Sogeti gives you all of the tools to better yourself

Cons

None I can think of at this time

8. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The hours depend upon your client. Sogeti is very flexible. Management does not micromanage. PTO is nice. Benefits are good. However, they may not be as good in the future. It's all perspective. Great 401k match.

Cons

If you are on a project that has "lifers" on it you are more likely to be promoted, get raises, recognition, etc.

Advice to Management

Look for those women/men on smaller, but HIGH margin projects. Those employees are key to your success.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be a good way to get experience when you are fresh out of college.

Cons

Mediocre pay
    Mediocre benefits
    You are a cog in the machine
    Corporate doesn't really care

Advice to Management

Concentrate on your employees and the profits will flow.

10. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary, opportunity to learn through a variety of fun and different assignments. The people I work with are fantastic.

Cons

Consultant work has its drawback in general. Actionable feedback is difficult to track down. Their system for promotions & bonuses are a bit clunky. Sales is a part of the job.

Advice to Management

Please provide actionable, frequent and targeted feedback to your employees. Please look at revisiting the promotion and bonus structures.

11. "I have worked there for almost 3 years. I wouldn't hire them once I move on"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is the 401k match: $1.50 for every $1 up to 6%. There is a catch, however, you have to be there for 3 years to be vested. Otherwise you don't get anything.

Cons

It is really a staffing company, not consulting. As such there is no plan to grow people. The focus is on campus hire: cheap labor with little expectatoons. Management tells you what you want to hear, not the truth. Management tries to push people out before they are vested. Bonus structure is supposed to be transpatent but the way the metrics are calculated cannot be explained. For 2017, it is only dependent on your manager's decision so it will even be more grey.

Advice to Management

Considering the high turnover, think about the message that your ex-employees take to the street. Nobody comes back yk eork for Sogeti; it is a clear message. Invest in your biggest asset; your people. "If you want to improve your business, take care of your employees.", Richard Branson