Sogeti Reviews | Glassdoor

Sogeti Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 40 reviews)

• Fantastic benefits, especially the 401k match and education reimbursement, (in 63 reviews)

1. "Great."

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Relaxed and reliable. Great people that you can rely on. They give you work that will make you think! Fun!

Cons

Lack of advancement. Makes it hard to move up. Lack of work at some moments but still an enjoyable place to work.

2. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has the new CEO and has expanded it's reach for more business opportunities. It is getting more into the managed services and end to end engagements. Company offers excellent benefits that include:
    - 20K in bonus (ideal value), your mileage may vary
    - 6% match on the 401K to 150%. There is a 3 year vesting at the time of this writing
    - Company sponsors phone line for each employee
    - HSA insurance with deductible limit of 3,000 for family. Most companies do 5K - 6K
    - Mileage reimbursements
    - Local focused despite of consulting company. This is great for those who do not want travel
    - Pays decent compensation

Cons

- PTO could start with 20 instead of 15; mostly all big companies offer 20.

3. "Control your own destiny - Great environment!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

The ability to work with experienced professionals and Practice Leads - some of the best in their fields! Sogeti's environment fosters growth, advancement and learning opportunities. If you're willing to work hard, Sogeti will provide all the tools to become very successful! The people are great and there is a real "team" feeling.

Cons

Keeping track of everyone's availability and best means of contact.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring on talented, bright, motivated people. It's great to be surrounded by some of the smartest in the business!

5. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about working at Sogeti Chicago Unit is access to our leadership. Our CEO is born and raised in Chicago and although he travels extensively, he is one call away. I have brought him on key sales calls that has produced profound results. Not only do I have access to our CEO's time but, we have solid thought leaders to support pursuits. We as Account Executives are encouraged to operate as entrepreneurs, the Chicago Unit is a very well-oiled machine where decision making is made fast and easy.

Cons

There are frustrations associated with being a large public company but, it is mostly a yin and yang. The assets we have access to are tremendous, knowing where to find them can sometimes be frustrating.

Advice to Management

When I peek under the hood of why management makes the decisions they do, I generally agree with them in whole or in part. So I guess I don't have much to offer.

6. "Extremely bad company - beware and think before joining"

Current Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Used to have good benefits

Cons

Short sighted company, its not a big company like they project (a Capgemini company)
    You will get fired before they announce the bonus, ie towards the end of the year. They dont like to share the bonus so they will save it by firing you.
    Look at the New York unit, they fire their resources one by one each week towards the end of the year. No matter what you have done and how loyal you were to this company
    All politics and no benefits anymore, If you are a hard working guy/gal, thats not at all enough here.
    If you are planning to join, please think 10 times as the moment your project gets over, you will be fired (as they operate as individual units, they dont have a great client base like you would guess from a company like Capgemini)
    New York - New Jersey unit is the worst, do not join this unit. I was fired as they couldnt find a project for me (not my fault as I was a good tester with over 10 years of experience).

Advice to Management

You are in service business, people are your resources. Why are you firing them before end of the year when you are at fault of not able to find the project? Beginning of the year you will have the requirements, wait and be a people's company than "I want my bonus, so am firing you once you are on bench". This will give a very bad vibe and talented resources will not join your company. Remember, your clients will also see these and wont select you for their projects. Work with the resources who gave their valuable hours for you to make money.

"Great company with a lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to learn and lead at Sogeti. Consultants need to be driven to succeed. One can greatly enhance their technical skills if they take advantage of all the free training and the $12K educational budget. Consultants can also learn about building teams, proposals, marketing and sales.

Cons

If you're looking for a contracting 8-5 role, there is room for you. If you're looking to shine and grow, you'll have to work for it. Sogeti provides the growth framework but may not necessarily hold your hands to grow.

Advice to Management

Solicit help and feedback from consultants.

8. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive 401k contribution plan
    Encouraging and self-guided culture

Cons

Unclear bonus stucture
    Unclear job requirements

"Transitioning Phase"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Sogeti (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly
    Bench (maybe)
    Training (maybe)

Cons

Little to no company name recognition.
    They went for a market expansion and missed. It is a bad time to be on the bench.
    The budget for training is tough to get. They tell how much you can get, but you will have to make a strong business case based on a real current client need to hope for approval. Ask employees how much they have used for a real measure.
    In the interview, I was told their internal processes were so bad they would never deliver them to a client. They were right.

Advice to Management

When a single Account Executive provides the consultants for all the practices to a huge company, the focus becomes on finding numbers of bodies who have skills that are close enough. If the focus were put onto the consultant instead, it would benefit both the consultant's career path and ultimately the client better.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Westchester, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, especially the 401 K plan.

Cons

-Communication is from the bottom up instead of top down so the consultant is expected to initiate all communications with their manager.
    -Poor, poor communication from management when there is any.
    -Was transitioned to Sogeti from my former employer who decided to outsource all of their IT thru Sogeti. We were all told that we would be working on that account for at least several years and that turned out to be a big lie. One week into the project and most of us were told that we would be moving on to other projects. The old bait and switch!
    -No reimbursement for certification (pre test prep, etc.) until the test has been passed, even though they are requiring that everyone be certified.
    -Salarys are too low compared to the market.
    -Too much extra time is expected to be spent on things outside of the current project. They see 'your time' as 'their time'!
    -Employee retention is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Learn to tell the truth to your employees instead of lying to their face and then not having the guts to come explain what really happened.

11. "Driving one's potential"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great potential to foster a diverse technical background. Opportunity to establish relationships with 3rd party companies which allow you to dive deep into different technologies. People are helful and do their best to collaborate.

Cons

Very disorganized behind the scenes. There is no work life balance. You are required to build relationships on your personal time. You are required to be billable 40 hours, sponsor user groups and build the business and mentor others on your own time. Very little time to work on career growth.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of life work balance. Most individuals have to travel for the business and to have them have a better work/life balance will limit employee burn out.