Sogeti Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance with work from home option (in my project) (in 45 reviews)

• 401k match is good, even though it is paid only at the end of the year - 9% for 150% match (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain a work-life balance as there are several out-of-work events that you are highly recommended to attend on a monthly basis (in 22 reviews)

• Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit (in 35 reviews)

1. "Good Place To work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back and lots of employee outings.

Cons

Somewhat disorganized when it comes to onboarding.

2. "Best Company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401K, Employee Benefits, Education reimbursement

Cons

Nothing I can find. One would love to stay and grow with this company.

Advice to Management

You always make your employees smile. Keep it up.

"Not the right place for Software Engineers"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to have decent benefits

Cons

bad pay, no career advancement

"Sr. Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job that sort of pays the bills.

Cons

To keep this short, this is one of the worst companies to be a consultant for in the Seattle region. This should be your last resort in a job. Please take the advice you are reading here and take an offer from somebody else.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employees and value them as people and not just a number on your spread sheet.

5. "decent starting point"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good technology stack
    My Manager was very good

Cons

Salaries are quite low
    Uncertainty once current project is over

Advice to Management

Improve salaries

"Lack of technical career path growth. Ignores consultants strengths in order to just place and forget."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides access to trainings and partner events as long as you are a high potential employee and show passion or drive for a certain business and or technology.

It was a great way to get started right out of college. I had the privilege of working with strong clients and with other colleagues that helped me learn and grow.

Benefits are great and the 401k is unmatched: 150% on 6% .

Cons

Compensation does not reflect your market value or skills and has a very low upper limit based on your position. The chances that you are placed at a client in which you can utilize your skills is low and if you are already billing at a client in which you are just a warm body placement there is little to no effort to move you to a client that needs your skills.

There are a lot of promises upon hire that either change or do not get realized at all in regards to career path. I was informed during the interview process that there was a path for a technical and or enterprise software architect expertise but that is non existent. Sales support and management are their key focus for promotional requests.

They encourage you to get highly certified but even if you prove yourself the most knowledgeable and obtain very high level certifications they favor less qualified people just based on age. Managers may even come to you for advice on the topic and present it as their own without acknowledgement. This affects the morale of new hires and proves very discouraging.

If you do not sacrifice work/life balance in order to force yourself into opportunities within the company (not technical but managerial and sales) that can lead to growth you will be placed and forgotten. Growth in the company directly relates to how much time outside of your billed hours at a client you apply to the company which can be beneficial to younger single persons but if you have a family and a multi hour commute you might have difficulty proving your case for promotion.

"Full of Lies and Empty Promises"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best 401k program (150% match)
    Used to have no premium insurance but now have to pay. Not that much so it's still considered ok.
    HSA
    Work-life balance
    Most of co-workers are awesome
    Not great but still decent PTO (roll-over PTO to next year)

Cons

TONS AND TONS of RED TAPES

- Only 7 holidays a year (the least number of holidays for any company I've heard)
    - If you are on the bench, you're at a high risk for layoff
    - The Houston office isn't as good as before because of management
    - All of the numbers (revenue, profit, etc) might seem great but they are not real. They just lie to reassure the employees. Last year the numbers were so bad that they couldn't even released it.
    - Mass hiring and firing all the times. Hired a bunch of new people and have no place for them then lay them off after a couple of months.
    -Bonus program is a big joke because it's fully controlled by the head of the unit. Even if you do a great work at your client, but if you don't help with sale nor place bench people then you get $0 bonus even though you're hired as a consultant, not an AE.
    -Super high turnover rate. People accepted offers to join Sogeti because they told them whatever they want to hear. Once they find out that they are all lies and empty promises, most of them quit.
    - They value NEW hires more than current employees. Current employees' jobs are at risk because they try to replace them with new hires.
    - Sogeti says you have X amount of money to use for education per year but you can't just use them on any cert you want. They only pay for what they want, and NOT what you want. Oh, and if you quit within 1 year after they reimbursed you for your education, they will take it out of your paycheck

Advice to Management

Quit lying to the employees. Quit making up stories about new projects, more profits or revenues. Quit mass hiring and firing people. Only hire who you need or is qualified. This lower Sogeti's reputation. Make bonus program better, not worse. Allow employees to study any cert they want as long as the cost is within the education reimbursement limit. Treat your CURRENT employees better to retain talents instead of focusing on the cost.

"Company with loads of issues"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work schedule, 401K, paid bench

Cons

salary is below average and they do not want to increase it, even if you deserve it (after promotion), bonus system is changed annually, not many projects available, the company does not have a clear goal or growth plan outside the "next year sales should be $XXM ".

Advice to Management

stop view employees as a commodity service. grow your talent . make them feel appreciated

9. "New Grad to Senior Consultant Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Diverse Portfolio of potential work with top-notch clients in the Austin Area
    - Plenty of Training opportunities
    - Entry level support
    - Great benefits
    - Highly Approachable Upper Management, always looking for ways to Improve the Unit.

Cons

-Performance Review Process is fairly weak
    -Pay is at par with current market standards

Advice to Management

Keep Diversifying our Client Portfolio and getting us top-notch clients to work with!

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k plan, very little management oversight

Cons

My friend just shared with me that while he was working here one of the consultants made several negative remarks about various race groups, sat him down with religious artifacts and explained each one to him (I actually was there for this) he told her this made him uncomfortable but she continued, she told him that she doesn't work for someone of his race (Indian) and when he got upset and told her he was going to tell the practice manager she went and told him and one of the HR person a different story. Apparently the reaction by the Sogeti HR person was to take the story completely one sided as he reached out to my friend and even said that her husband threatened him. Do not work for Sogeti, I am quitting as soon as I can.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your people, when you allow for this kind of racism and behavior people will find out and you will lose clients. I will not be silent about this.