SogoTrade Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jonathan Yao

"Great working environment that encourages new ideas and cultivates business leaders"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Unlike working at bigger companies where each employee is responsible for a very specific job function, at SogoTrade you have the opportunity to be involved in multiple cross functional projects and learn skills and gain experience from a lot of different areas. You also get to develop your skills more here because this company is not afraid to give its employees a chance to try new things. I feel I can learn so much more here than in a lot of other companies.
    2. Very friendly working environment. I have the opportunity to work with people from different departments all the time and I find my coworkers to be very professional and easy to work with.
    3. SogoTrade is a very agile company. Great ideas / suggestions can be accepted by management and implemented in a relatively short period of time. This makes it exciting to work here because we are always turning new ideas into reality.
    4. The CEO of SogoTradeis a proven leader in the online brokerage industry. Not only does he have a great vision for SogoTrade,but he also knows exactly how he plans to get there. He is good at motivating his employees and recognizing their potential. He is also very generous in sharing his knowledge and ideas. He expects his employees to work hard and produce good work, but at the same time, he understands and supports work and family balance.
    5. Being a smaller company, you quickly get recognized if you perform well.
    6. I personally believe SogoTrade has the potential to go very far and I’m excited to have the opportunity to grow with it.

Cons

1. Since SogoTrade is still relatively small, it doesn’t have the kind of resources other big companies might have. But I think as SogoTrade grows, this should be less and less of an issue.
    2. If you’re looking for a job to show up and perform a repetitive task each day, then you might not be a great fit. You need to be able to multi-task and be prepared to work on new projects as they arise.
    3. As a smaller company, SogoTrade can’t always pay top dollar for each employee. However, they do offer competitive pay, even for those less experienced, and they promote the idea that as the company profits, the employees will profit.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees. It's clear that this is a smaller company and resources must be carefully utilized, but as the company grows, make sure to recognize those who have contributed to it's success. Departments can always use more people and salaries can always be higher, but employee recognition goes a long way in the mean time.

"Small and growing."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is small and growing. A good start if you don't have much experience in the industry. Some coworkers are nice.

Cons

Low compensation, no 401K. Mid-management can't make decisions, CEO makes every single decision for them, which makes the CEO super busy.

Advice to Management

Pay more and provide 401K to employees, improve mid-management team.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small online brokerage trying to grow, improve it's image, and do the right thing to keep prices reasonable and it's customers happy. Management listens to employees input and suggestions and everyone is treated like family.

Cons

Small size and three office locations can be limiting for career advancement, but if the company keeps growing, this will not be an issue for long.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and improving the service.

"terrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SogoTrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i can't think of a single good reason to work here

Cons

low pay, terrible management, terrible morale

Advice to Management

pay more

5. "Operations"

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time

Pros

Good work environment and nice people.

Cons

Salary a little lower then average.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty good

"Software Developer"

I have been working at SogoTrade full-time

Pros

Helpful co-workers and friendly work environment

Cons

Not ideal for new graduates. Pay too less.

"."

Pros

A good start for internship or fresh graduate. Small company means big challenges, especially sometimes you have to work on something you are not familiar with, and you will learn a lot from that.

Cons

Payment is always matching the minimum requirement of government, no 401K, no company culture, horrible morale. CEO plays one man show, it's his way or the highway.

Advice to Management

Joanthan, please try to show respect to your employees, and listen to their suggestions.

8. "Great Start"

Pros

Great smart employees great learning experience for your career

Cons

compensation, management needs to be more proactive

Advice to Management

pay more

"INTERN"

Pros

everything was good. I learned a lot about a brokerage firm operation. People are nice and teach me a lot. I still keep in touch with them.

Cons

I barely think about anything bad about it. if next time someone intern there, I would suggest to talk to manager and learn more about other department function.

Advice to Management

You always encourage me, and thanks a lot. You taught me a lot and brought me to professional world.

"A good place to learn and work"

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

SogoTrade has great working environment since people are eager to share new ideas and communicate. If you are looking for relaxing but efficient working environment, SogoTrade would be a great choice. Working in SogoTrade is a good oppotunity to learn, since it is growing and a lot of new things to learn and improve.

Cons

Haven't found cons yet. It is a good place to work