Sojern Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Mark Rabe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The top reason to work at Sojern is to work alongside a great group of people in a healthy work environment and fantastic culture (in 8 reviews)

• The top reason to work at Sojern is to work alongside a great group of people in a healthy work environment and culture (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Things are extremely fast paced as the industry is which is not suitable for everyone (in 10 reviews)

• There are some occasional growing pains as Sojern matures from an advertising startup to an adtech platform (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High growth and global expansion with a true focus on employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sojern full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* My manager and leadership are focused on creating opportunities for me to grow and be exposed to multiple facets of the business
    * The most talented and collaborative team I have ever worked with - egos are checked at the door and we all strive to do our best together
    * All ideas and creative solutions are constantly encouraged and often implemented. Voices are equally heard and valued
    * Leadership nurtures a culture of feedback and transparency
    * Vacations are strongly encouraged with a focus on work / life balance
    * Visiting other offices is encouraged!

Cons

* Fast paced environment - over the years focus on resources and tools has greatly improved to support the pace and growth

Advice to Management

Keep championing an environment of collaboration, diversity, winning as a team and risk-taking

2. "Sojern is the best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly care for their employees
    Everyone's opinions are welcome and encouraged
    Everyone is willing to help
    No micro-management

Cons

Fast paced-- Things evolve quickly here. I personally like it, but I see how it could be frustrating for others.

"Sojern"

Former Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sojern full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress
    Cool people, mostly
    Some snacks

I think this job would be great if you have never had a real job and you are just coming out of college.

Cons

I am pretty surprised to see all the positive reviews. When I was there, we all hated it. The turnover rate was incredibly high, we went through 5 different people on our team in a matter of months.

They changed our commission structure three times and took away most of the perks.. That is never a good feeling.

It was very odd, performance didn't matter. If you were a "yes man/woman" you would progress in the company, but if you were a top performer, they would just expect more out of you. They don't encourage independent thinkers, don't ask questions..... just say yes.

Unlimited vacation isn't unlimited... It's actually very limited.... (Ironic right?)

Their business model makes you feel very dirty, but not in a good way..... Pretty shady industry.

Advice to Management

Put the correct people in place to manage and listen to their teams.
    Don't change commission structures, it always puts a bad taste in peoples mouths.
    Listen to your glint surveys, isn't that why you have them?

4. "Part of a growing company"

I have been working at Sojern full-time

Pros

Great benefits and compensation: health insurance and travel benefits

Cons

Nothing specific that comes to mind

5. "Best Company Culture"

I have been working at Sojern full-time

Pros

The culture at Sojern simply cannot be beaten. People are friendly and focus on team aspects to make the company more successful as a whole.

Cons

There are constant changes to the company which are sometimes hard to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Keep looping in employees on changes occurring in the company, and keep seeking feedback

6. "Innovative Company, Valuable Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company truly values its employees and is committed to growth, employee input & allows individuals to take ownership in the results & success of the firm. Global employee base allows for a challenging, engaging work environment.

Cons

None to report so far!

Advice to Management

Keep asking for employee feedback and input regularly. You've done a fabulous job of engaging your people so far and the commitment shows.

7. "People Ops Team"

I have been working at Sojern full-time

Pros

I absolutely love it here! The people, the atmosphere, the work! I couldn't have found a better place to join!

Cons

Not enough time in the day!

"Amazing employer that provided me with challenging and meaningful work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sojern full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down, some of the smartest people I've met work at this company. No one was afraid to dissect a problem, find a solution, roll-up their sleeves, and handle the work.

People were treated fairly by senior leaders and were expected to do the same to everyone. The culture was created by the top and instilled all the way to the bottom. Senior leaders were approachable and welcomed it.

I admired how no one ever hid behind an email or approached topics in a passive-aggressive fashion. Open, honest, and direct conversations were the norm and set the tone week over week.

The amount of transparency at this company is second to none. You're treated like an owner and honesty amongst teammates are both promoted and expected. It was such a growing organization when I was there that new employees were being added to multiple offices at any given point. Recruiting did a great job of making sure that the new employees were "the right fit" versus growing for the sake of growth.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily say that this is a negative, but things move so quickly that it can be hard to keep up. You are never left to be in place where you won't succeed, but because you're treated like an owner with autonomy, you're expected (as you should be) to do the work that comes with it.

Advice to Management

No advice, but thank you for making my time there enjoyable and a rewarding experience. It is evident that the leadership team truly believes in it's people, their abilities, and the company's mission. You always put people first because you knew that was how objectives would be achieved, which was fantastic and appreciated by all.

Best of luck as you march-on and shape the advertising world. The company will continue to do amazing things.

9. "Sales"

I have been working at Sojern full-time

Pros

well connected and savvy leadership

Cons

growing very quickly, good upside but can be disorganized

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sojern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, fantastic culture, reasonable hours, great location, fun problems to work on.

Cons

Cross-functional knowledge varies from group-to-group, so often need to break down concepts.