Cover image for SolarWinds

70 Comments

Tech

468.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SolarWinds~100286
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SolarWinds and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I have ever worked for!

Sep 23, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think SolarWinds is an amazing place to work! I've been in the industry for over 25 years and can honestly say that this is the most fun I have ever had at work! The CEO is a man of his word and fully embodies the CARE (collaborative, accountable, ready, and emphatic) mantra. The team I'm a member of is cohesive, driven, and hard-working. We win together, we lose together, and we have fun together. The install base at SolarWinds is pretty awesome, customers love the product as it solves critical business issues and simplifies day to day operations. It is intuitive, easy to use, and cost effective. Great place to work and I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a challenging yet exciting opportunity!

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Good Place to Work for those who are Self-Starters

Nov 23, 2022 - Technical Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Talented coworkers 2. Friendly atmosphere 3. Seldom need to put in longer than usual hours

Cons

1. A variety of managers who have a say in what you do, sometimes with competing interests 2. Lots and lots of teams to coordinate with 3. Financial challenges in the overall IT market that are keeping the stock price low.

3. Join the SolarWinds team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Oct 31, 2022 - Recruiter/Talent Acquisition in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People-first culture - Great work environment - Great benefits and unlimited PTO - Good work/life balance with hybrid/remote opportunities - Talented team and great colleagues/co-workers

Cons

None that come to my mind

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Nov 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues for support role.

Cons

Career opportunities and advancement are slow to come by.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience

Oct 25, 2022 - Treasury Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and company to start my career and gain experience.

Cons

Small teams result in a lack or growth potential.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Honestly, Don't Bother

Nov 24, 2022 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been here a while, the best I can say is free lunches 2x weekly (pre-covid), coffee & snacks. And a paycheck but that's about it, sadly.

Cons

Not many good managers or upper leadership. Lots of power games & politics even with the new leadership. The new leadership brought in his own group of people and pushed everyone out. But cronyism still abounds with the new folks and remaining old guard. If you don't play the game and measure up as someone they think is worthy of promoting, you will get passed over and over until you either just believe them and think you have no value, or finally get fed up and leave. Not many people of color or LGBTQ, with the exception of a few they "highlight" to make sure people think they are woke. They aren't. The company has had it's heyday many years ago and will never be that again. Honestly, don't t bother.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Oct 18, 2022 - Applications Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and pays well

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To work

Oct 17, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Customer base and the new CEO has a great vision.

Cons

Segmented Sales teams and it can be hard to have changes and customisations made as the org is so large

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nice but could use some updating

Sep 22, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many resources to succeed and support from many angles.

Cons

Old school working from the office

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 2.0

It was just okay

Sep 26, 2022 - Senior HR Generalist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a mediocre experience here. pay was meh, bonus was decent, and my manager was okay.

Cons

The only way to get promoted is to kiss up to others.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 983 Reviews
</>Embed

SolarWinds Reviews FAQs

SolarWinds has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,040 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at SolarWinds to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SolarWinds employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SolarWinds. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

74% of SolarWinds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SolarWinds 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SolarWinds to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with SolarWinds Job Seekers