Solarc Reviews | Glassdoor

Solarc Reviews

Found 6 reviews

3.2
Melissa White
  1. "would you rather be given a fish or taught how to fish?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Solarc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great/Positive Work Environment Personal/Professional Development Travel Opportunities Growth potential I personally like a commission structure. I had never worked commission before, but my previous position was in retail, on salary. I have great work ethic and I busted my ass off, but at the end of the week I was getting paid the same amount (and sometimes even less) than those around me. I have come to realize...

Cons

The hours can be long some times, but the mentality is that I am putting in more work now so that I don't have to later. I compare our business to a residency program or law school. I am learning how to be a manager while in the process of doing of it. The hours are long, just like in the other two professions, and sometimes it can be physically exhausting, but in the long run the pay off is worth it. you have...

Solarc2013-03-22
  2. "Great values at the top, supervisors not inclusive, cliques, no feedback for months, desk job, feel good about where wor"

Current Employee - Incentives Coordinator

I have been working at Solarc full-time

Pros

Great values, feel good about where you work, bonuses monthly

Cons

Inside all day, not much interaction with peers, on computer all day, weak team building

Advice to Management

Give more feedback to employees, especially new employees, can make people feel invisible. Need positive feedback from supervisors

Solarc2015-04-28

"Definitely hard work, but worth it in the end because you become a greater asset to any company or your own."

Former Employee - Former Corporate Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Solarc full-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn the best skills needed for communication: -Time Management -Financial Management -Developing and Teaching Others -Leadership Training -Sales and Marketing

Cons

At first it seemed very daunting, and in fact seemed down right hard and impossible, but with the best training possible, I made it through.

Advice to Management

Keep growing! I believe in your goals and know that you will achieve them because you know how develop a team of leaders, not just employees. Don't lose sight of that, and never treat your people like employees.

Solarc2013-01-19
  4. "Multi-level Market Company, Solarc, Inc."

Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Solarc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, it is a really easy job to get (be living), and it is definitely NOT a "pyramid scheme."

Cons

It is, however, "pyramid selling." Term meaning that it is the same idea except it has an actual product to sell. Nothing illegal here, just not very ethical...at all. Solarc, Inc. is connected to Archetype, Inc. (Out of business? Tigard, Oregon...same company it seems) who is connected to Cydcor. It appears that Cydcor is the top of this pyramid, and a notorious pyramid selling company, or Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)...

Advice to Management

Quit. Dump the company, and start your own. You do know how to do that, right? You are "managing" a company, and are learned in the area of business after all. Right? I mean, you are claiming to be able to train people on how to run their own business, so you must have that level of competency in the field of business. Right?

Solarc2013-01-11
  5. "Door to Door sales with low commission pay only"

Former Employee - Sales Representative Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Solarc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees seem friendly, always smile an remember everyone's names.

Cons

Door to door sales with low pay based on sales only. Everyone works 12:30pm to 8:30pm. Very small dated office. People that are Assistant Managers and above seem to think that they are better than others. Job offer seems like a sales pitch - if you make this many sales you'll get to the next and next step... then you become owner... too much like a pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

Be forthcoming at interviews. Do not put lipstick on a pig, you'll more likely to get people to stick around.

Solarc2012-12-13
  6. "I have grown more, both personally and professionally, in 10 months at Solarc than in the previous 10 years"

Former Employee - Account Executive in

I worked at Solarc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am able to utilize the skills I have learned in previous work experiences as well as in earning my Masters degree to help others achieve individual and team success. We have a lot of fun at work, and I enjoy spending time with my co-workers outside of the office. Most importantly, I am rewarded for my work and inspired to constantly achieve more.

Cons

I didn't enjoy learning about my weaknesses and working to improve them, and I work long hours right now so I don't have as much time with my family as I would prefer. At the same time, I understand this is the process that will get me where I want to be in the future.

Advice to Management

Management is always open to ideas, and a higher level of follow through would be an encouragement to continue bringing new ideas to the table.

Solarc2013-01-04