Solaris Paper Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
James Rice

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Emerging Company with Huge Growth Potential"

Former Employee - Senior Director Marketing in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Marketing in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked for Solaris Paper for 8 years in product marketing and business development. Company has completely turned a corner for the good in the past 3 to 4 years and is now well positioned for major growth opportunities. Current leadership is excellent/stable and is implementing strategies that will propel business expansion and profitability. Major capital investments from parent company are underway...all signs are positive.

Cons

Need a bit more formal infrastructure and organizational growth plan to fully realize long term potential.

Advice to Management

Speed up the current improvement plans and strategies - you're on a roll!

2. "Headed in the right direction"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has obviously gone through a lot of changes over the last few years with upper management but within the last year have refocused on grooming the right culture (starting at the very top) which has inevitably helped everything else downstream.

Cons

Invest in a better benefit package

Advice to Management

Stay the course

3. "Ok. Very boring"

Pros

Lots of time for online classes and the pay is decent for a college student or someone looking for a stepping stone

Cons

No training with an expectation of miraculously knowing everyone and every duty of each employee once you start
    Hiring Manager has a weird power trip

Advice to Management

Needs better training

4. "Production Supervisor"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor

I worked at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team work efforts exerted, many long hour days... Favoritism at it best many hours employees just making their own working schedules and showing up when they want...

Cons

Quality team needs to get off their tail and catch he hickups during manufacturing process... Finished goods usually are not inspected until a consumer filed a compliant...

Advice to Management

Promote advancement within employees for growing opportunities

5. "Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Operatations in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operatations in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

workers here are good people

Cons

we are constantly changing management and HR this place is the definition of insanity no consistency in work schedule it is always changing the only consistent thing around here is the constant change in policies. There is no retirement plan low wages this place is a revolving door as soon as they come they leave I would not recommend this place to anyone to work.

"Message from the New CEO"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am the newly appointed CEO of this company and the reviews on this site do not represent the company I want to lead nor do they represent the kind of company that I want to work for. I am committed to creating the kind of work environment that people will want to come to and in which people would be happy participating. Culture changes take time, but I will lead from the front and set an example of making fair, collaborative, and fun place to work.

Cons

This is a low margin business in a competitive business environment. Our company is the underdog competing against some very big players. We have to have speed, flexibility, and low cost to win in our market.

Advice to Management

A good company needs consistent leadership and a strategy that is consistent, so everyone knows which way to go and is going in the right direction!

7. "Senior Vice President of Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solaris Paper has a unique opportunity to differentiate distributors and customers perceptions of quality towel and tissue products for the Away from Home US marketplace. The growth opportunities internally and externally are exciting and we are creating a positive buzz with customers. This is an exciting environment with rapid growth and change.

Cons

We are improving our reputation with customers and our employees. Rebuilding our culture is a continuous process so it may seem slow at times. Good progress is being made.

Advice to Management

Consistency

8. "Get good leaders"

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. full-time

Pros

If a CEO and VP's would stick around maybe some consistent policies could take affect. Good folks work in tough positions.

Cons

Leadership changes are like a carousel. No consistency. The hiring of a CCO is the worse hire in the companies history. He is toxic. The worse person in a leadership position I have ever witnessed in my 30 plus year career. Not one single person in the company likes or respects him. He is poison for our work culture. He had thrown everyone under the bus to make himself look good or not Accept responsibility. The worse ever

Advice to Management

Do a better job promoting within. Cut your losses with this CCO. Interview better. How did this guy get hired? Ask anyone confidentially in the company and you'll get the real story on this CCO.

9. "core machine"

Current Employee - Core Machine Operator in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Core Machine Operator in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at Solaris Paper Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Fast learner always on time

Cons

There was nothing every thing was good

10. "Great"

Pros

has a good environment with friendly people who are willing to help you at any time. also the management is always available to help

Cons

very long hours throughout the week. schedules always change every 3 months and never have time off when you request it. very hard to work with a school schedule

Advice to Management

give raises to your employees