Soleo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Daniel Gallagher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good experience"

Pros

Very Knowledgeable staff, flexible timings

Cons

Only con is that it's a mismanaged company. Little structure

"Unstable"

Former Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Soleo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their intentions are good and the technology could produce solid foundational revenue streams if they followed through on a concept long enough to go to market.

Cons

Constant, quarterly reorgs, lack of communication, executive staff involvement ranges from disruptive and chaotic to completely apathetic. Most of those left have simply given up.

Advice to Management

Give ideas enough time to become products and services people can be proud of. Test them, iterate, and respond. Stick with one strategic vision instead of shifting it for every new and shiny idea that you read an article about.

3. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager

I worked at Soleo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you the opportunity to collaborate in different projects and teams. A lot of freedom to work independently and prove yourself. Access to CEO and other executives. Great environment, friendly and very knowledgeable co-workers.

Cons

Benefits could be a lot better.

4. "Great Company I enjoyed Working there very much"

Former Employee - Sales in Victor, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Victor, NY

I worked at Soleo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Opportunity to gain alot of experience especially as a recent graduate of college they do a great job with Internships. I really enjoy that their CEO listens to the employees and asks their opinion which is a rarety. Great work life ratio as they understand family is most important which i thought was a great aspect of their culture. Loved working here and would come back anyday if my new opportunity didnt work out

Cons

none i really did enjoy it here only reason i left was i was offered a very large raise and couldnt pass it up

Advice to Management

keep working hard you're doing a great job

5. "Amazing opportunities to learn and gain experiance"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great team, amazing learning opportunities, if you are an assertive person you can do a lot of cool things and build up a resume. They will consider you for further hire if you go above and beyond for them.

Cons

It has a semi-small start up feel and with that comes some dis-organization that can at times be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Give engineers tasks that they have enough time to accomplish and build in a right way and avoid last minute 180s

6. "One of the best software/tech companies in Rochester"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Victor, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Victor, NY

I have been working at Soleo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is very interesting and challenging. Because of the small number of employees, each employee is given lots of responsibility. Although the company is based in the older industry of advertising in telecom, it's newer ventures make it fast paced and exciting.

The company has a very comfortable work/life balance. I never see employees working overtime. The burden of responsibility for getting work done falls on the team; individuals are only responsible for doing their best work. The new office is beautiful and in a beautiful location. The corporate culture is very healthy and is actively fostered by management.

Cons

All the normal concerns with a small company at the beginning of a growth phase. While the teams of younger employees are very high performing and are doing great work to solve daunting problems, older teams seem to be much slower to adopt changes and more willing to rely on sub-standard, antiquated architecture.

Advice to Management

Work hard to maintain openness between groups and employees. I feel that it is crucial for a company at this point to have an environment in which employees are willing to give and receive harsh criticism directly impacting major parts of the business growth.

7. "Soleo Communications has everything I've been looking for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Pros

Great company culture, innovative and forward thinking company, new comfortable and energetic office space including a fitness and meditation room, room for advancement, monthly employee appreciation events and a fantastic location.

Cons

Currently there aren't any cons.

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Soleo full-time

Pros

The company's atmosphere in the new office space encourages collaboration and teamwork. Being part of a team that is very inter-dependent, this is especially beneficial as it brings opportunity to help each other with new challenges or share opportunity with each other constantly throughout the work day.

Cons

Many people wear an assortment of hats, and though this is one of the growing pains of a small business it does sometimes become difficult to focus on your main priorities when pulled into something else.

Advice to Management

I would encourage the Management team to continue to empower their teammates and maintain the comfortable exciting culture that we have. I feel as though there is a great work-life balance here and that is also extremely beneficial.

9. "Co-op"

Former Employee - Report Designer in Victor, NY
    Former Employee - Report Designer in Victor, NY

I worked at Soleo (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Soleo on a co-op from school. I learned a lot and felt very included in many aspects of the company.

Cons

When I worked there the company was going through a lot of changes so sometimes there were conflicts among employees and what they thought the company should be doing.

"Dysfunctional company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

I worked at Soleo (More than a year)

Pros

Hmm .. not sure ... maybe the Christmas party lol

Cons

-- No long term strategy -- it's always the flavor of the day .. whatever that is.
    -- Unless you have Nortel/CCI blood, don't even think about coming to this place. It's like a clique where a group of people worked together for decades, got fired and couldn't find a job anywhere else, and ended up here. They are not open to change and won't tolerate you if you bring fresh ideas.