Solera Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Solera Holdings Founder and CEO Tony Aquila
Tony Aquila

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good pay, free food and drinks - including some happy hour drinks" (in 14 reviews)

• "You're not expected to stay after 4 pm so you can have a very good work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some departments do not have a good work/life balance" (in 8 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance" (in 4 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is very good, food is provided for everyone, gym and very good benefits, well-paid, the projects are very interesting and challenging and the people who you work with are very helpful and really know their stuff. You're not expected to stay after 4 pm so you can have a very good work/life balance.

Cons

It's too far away from Dallas and they're moving even farther away in a year or so.

Advice to Management

Keep on compensating your employees well, continue moving software projects in-house instead of outsourcing even if it means having to redo much of them.

"Challenging work with growth opportunities for the hungry"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time

Pros

Very challenging environment with many growth and advancement opportunities if you are willing to work hard, volunteer and fight for them. When used properly, the Solera culture encourages focus, teamwork and efficiency.

Cons

Some parts of the organization have adopted toxic behaviors that tend to spread faster than the positive aspects of the intended company culture. This can lead to higher than expected attrition with negative consequences on those that are asked to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

Focus on the culture and rewards for the dedicated high performers (meritocracy) versus the perks for everyone. Consider long term equity to encourage vested interest and reward for longer term company success.

"Don't Bother"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks
    Very little oversight
    High starting pay

Cons

No room to move up, no motivation to 'do it better', ton's of Pareto principle speak as it's part of the military 'culture'.
    High starting pay means they don't give raises.

Advice to Management

Manage your people, management needs time and space to do so.

"Wolf in Sheep's clothing"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solera has a handful of managers that are passionate about what they do and try to do it to the best of their ability. They usually use the most up to date technology to provide the best access for their customers.

Cons

I came to Solera via purchasing a company called Identifix over 2 years ago. Identifix had the issue of not seeing itself as a tech company and trying to do things on the cheap. Solera has changed that approach but in the process has created a culture here that can be toxic. After being here for over 2 years and never getting a raise, I started looking for a new job and found one. Management decided they wanted to keep me and asked to match. The counter offer offer came in at 10% below what my new offer came in at. On top of that, when I put in my 2 weeks notice I was informed my pay raise was rescinded.

On top of that most of the decisions on how to run the IT side of things are currently being made by the European team that has a different product line that doesn't match what we have in the US.

When I think of Solera Management, I think of a bad high school athletic coach. Creating competition for competition sake. No communication comes from the top down and there is times you feel like a man in a boat with no rudder.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the stupid 80/20, 90/10 lingo and just focus on building a culture that is sustainable. Get people into senior management that will want to be there for a while and then don't fire them. Create a clear road map that can be articulated to all employees so they know where they are going and how they are getting there.

"Westlake Office"

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time

Pros

Free food and good gifts

Cons

No work life balance at all, unprofessional management, high school like culture. Instead of teaching the Solera Way and mission statements, they use them again new employees. If you are a true professional... run.... you will not be happy here. They cannot keep an HR team as they all quit, that should tell you something (and no I was not on the HR team)

Advice to Management

You have revolving doors for reason.... figure it out.

6. "Solera"

Current Employee - Software Development in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Software Development in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solera is a fantastic place to work. The people are really nice, very helpful, and there are always new people because of the growth of the company. They serve food everyday, have team building exercises, and often pair program. It is an agile environment and we have stand ups everyday.

Cons

Sometimes the taco truck doesn't show up on Fridays and they have to cater pizza instead. The taco truck tends to break often.

Advice to Management

Keep having team building exercises and keep the collaboration flowing.

7. "Solera is Pretty Awesome"

Current Employee - Development in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Development in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is clear that a lot of the reviews are part of a consolidation effort for small offices and call centers around the company. This place is great! It is an open floor concept, very collaborative, lots of white board sessions and thrashes. They cater food, have a genuine interest in peoples happiness levels.

Cons

I haven't had any yet. : \

8. "Treat Their People Well"

Current Employee - Head of Mobile in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Head of Mobile in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome. I love coming to work everyday. We tackle big opportunities with the best technology standards and tools. We get to work with a large market. We get nice branded company swag, fed daily and a nice open atomosphere

Cons

Place often gets loud from people striking up good conversations around technology and just getting to know each other

Advice to Management

Keep supporting engineering and product to keep moving your products forward. Great work in this area so far. Keep it up!

"Great Place Hide"

Former Employee - Finance Gal At A Small Desk
    Former Employee - Finance Gal At A Small Desk

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, free food and drinks - including some happy hour drinks. Whatever your job is, you will be able to hide from the bosses because they are too busy working on things that a low level employee should be doing, so you can hide from responsibility and get paid to do minimal work. Even my boss, a high level person works at a financial analyst level. Seems like all bosses have nice titles, but that is not what they really do.

Cons

Can be a little hectic at times. People running around like the world will stop if they do not get their papers to the next level. I sometimes get bored trying to look busy. Also, if you are hired as a director or higher, you probably will not last long but you get an easy job of doing repetitive analytical work while you are there. Turnover is really high.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Many of us like to be paid to look like we are working 70 hours when we really are putting in 20 to 30. Why work hard when merit increases are only given to a few.

"General"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Software company, Free food is a strategy,nothing more, nothing less

Cons

It is all about who you know not your skillsEverything about the management is LIES, the company preaches Team work but are from it. Leads do not know what it means,its all power hungry folks from the top to the bottom. you speak your mind you get targeted. Definitely no room to grow.

Advice to Management

conduct team reviews, then follow up with each employee metrics. the leads do not do nothing