Solera Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Solera Holdings Founder and CEO Tony Aquila
Tony Aquila

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 58 per paycheck for vision), 401(k) matching/vesting, casual attire, free food - always (in 10 reviews)

• We plan monthly happy hours and team bonding events, and have flexible schedules when it comes to work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some departments do not have a good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Absolutely no work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

"Sr. Facilities Coordinator"

Current Employee - Senior Facilities Coordinator in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Facilities Coordinator in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have gained much knowledge in my department as well as the opportunity to collaborate with other departments and many talented, inspiring individuals. Solera has given me the ability to obtain a great work life balance & secure home life for my son.

Cons

After 3 1/2 year's at Solera I have worked hard and soaked in ton's of knowledge. I take pride in my job, the people around me and the work I do. My only complaint is that I haven't been given the opportunity move forward in my department.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to notice those who continue to work hard and remain reliable, those who continuously stay hungry to learn and grow, otherwise they only become stagnant & complacent.

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time

Pros

very innovative and outside the box thinking

Cons

location could be better - too far northwest

Advice to Management

take time to offer more training

Dec 27, 2017 – Solera

Thank you for the feedback. We are a company founded on innovation, and keep that at the core of everything we do. There is always a focus on training and employee development, so if you have... More

"Good benefits, terrible management, terrible culture."

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Presents at for every holiday. Always give you the latest technology. Free food at the office. Pays well.

Cons

Management doesn't know how to manage. Everyone is there for the money and nothing else. There is no vision other than "get rich".

Advice to Management

Take a management class or two. Learn to empathize. Actually invest in your team and lead. Don't be MIA. Or just quit.

4. "Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Finance Team
    Current Employee - Finance Team

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time

Pros

We run like a start up, some rules, many opportunities to make your own rules and be a success. Pay is good, decent benefits, free food, free alcohol, and open floor plan. The company is always reviewing the staff for performance, pushing out the weak employees. Lots of opportunity for growth and if you are lucky, you will get to go to the garage where the CEO works. He really works in a garage.

Cons

Same cons any company would have. We have 2 percent that do it different and change the company, 18 percent that do it better and improve the company, and 80 percent that do it right (or less than right). Sometimes working with the 80 percent is difficult, they don't understand the culture or how to be a 2 percenter. Those are the people who write the bad comments on glassdoor.

Advice to Management

More training and development for the 80 percent. More recognition for the 2 and 18 percent. Have the CEO visit the open office and have a beer. I know he is busy, so this request may go unanswered.

Dec 8, 2017 – Solera

We’re glad you’re benefitting from our open and direct culture. We encourage our associates to take their mission into their own hands and create their own future. Thank you for sharing your... More

"Awesome Company"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been with the company for about 3 months now but this is the best company I have worked for by far.
    The managers really care about their employees.
    The company wants you to have a work to life balance and they just generally care about their employees

Cons

The Solera Way is something that takes a little getting used to but once you have it down its pretty much smooth sailing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and driving your employees to be the best, most successful people they can be.

Dec 8, 2017 – Solera

Thank you for the feedback and for being a part of the Solera team. It’s great you are having a good experience here; we care about training and helping our employees reach their full potential.

"Horrible Company"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teammate are generally welcoming and try to help each other succeed.

Cons

Where to even start with the cons? If I could give zero stars, I would. First off, the culture is total chaos. They use all these numbers that no one understands or cares about. If they focused as much time on their employees and the actual business as they do making up weird number lingo, they might actually succeed.

The time off policy is a total joke. You could go work at Mcdonalds and get more vacations days. They have to hire the worst of the worst when it comes to engineers and technical positions because Solera can't compete with what other companies offer. Compensation is also a joke. They barely offer bonuses, and if you are one of the lucky few that gets one, you're hardly ever paid.

No one knows what's going on with the company, not even HR. You ask a question and they basically point somewhere and you're expected to just figure it out. The Human Resources department is laughable. I can't even begin to describe some of the clowns that are running that department. Don't bother asking them for help. They are rude, inconsiderate, and no one wants to help you.

They have acquired all these companies the last few years and can't seem to connect the dots or know what direction to go. It's a mess!

I would compare Solera to a cult, if you aren't doing what they say or believing in their weird ways, then they will force you out or make your job miserable. I think I could go on and on but the basic idea is to run, don't walk, away from Solera. You DO NOT want to work here.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out and realize that you need to take care of your employees. Get rid of your leaders and the people in HR and start fresh. Solera is failing FAST. Make some changes before its too late.

Dec 8, 2017 – Solera

Hi there. Your comments on compensation and time off are surprising. We believe in fairly compensating associates based on skills and qualifications. We also offer a great PTO package to allow our... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits. Nice office.

Cons

Terrible Culture. Poor Work-Life balance. Very little trust. Knee jerk leadership styles.

Advice to Management

Set a direction and let the people do their 80.

Dec 8, 2017 – Solera

Thank you for providing feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experiences and challenges in your role. Please reach out to your manager or local HR leader to discuss these topics further... More

"Not enough good people"

Current Employee - Software in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Snack, food and drinks , unlimited vacation , some good leaders and managers and working on a cool industry - cars

Cons

Solera talks about how great it is and innovative- but many people who are management don’t know how to do this. Few people do but they leave the company or work on too many different things or they do not have enough time to help us

Advice to Management

Stop trying to do too many different things. They should let the good leaders work on the important things and not too many different things at the same time

Dec 8, 2017 – Solera

Thank you for sharing your experiences at Solera. We work to ensure our associates are set up for success in our work environment, as Solera leaders are continuously qualified, drilled and trained to... More

"Terrible culture, terrible management, terrible benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company lingo is amusing. 80/20, 90/10, 30/30.

Cons

Solera uses debt to buy companies in their field (automotive) and then fails to integrate them, because the management is awful. They don't have benefits. Raises are rare, bonuses are unachievable, healthcare benefits suck, there is no long term incentive to stay with the company. Management prefers "all hands fire drills" every once in a while, rather than consistent, long-term planning. Employee morale is abysmal, perhaps due in part to company mottos like "we hate our software" (seriously, they think this makes employees want to work harder). I've never interacted with a company that's run worse.

Advice to Management

Break the companies apart and let their managers run them as they see fit. Fire all unrelated Solera managers. Pray.

Oct 11, 2017 – Solera

Thank you for the feedback. Solera is a global company, though in many ways we operate as a start-up – fast, accurate and constantly evolving. We strive to hire qualified and passionate volunteers... More

"Used to be a good company to work for....went downhill"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time

Pros

Free food/snacks
    Some of the staff is fun to work with

Cons

Where do I begin? The CEO and some of the management have driven this company into the ground. Processes are so backwards and they are not even actually written or published anywhere for the employees to refer to yet, management is going "That's against our process/policy/procedure" If that's the case, then physically give us something to work with.
    Severely understaffed, instead of hiring more people they pile on more duties to a person and expect more out of us.
    No raises or promotions, yet they expect us to complete the duties of multiple people day to day.
    They launch new products or policies and do not notify any of the staff as to what is going on, which makes us look like fools when speaking with a customer/potential customer.
    Very very poor communication from management to lower level employees, if we are not notified of changes, how are we supposed to do our job correctly?