Solera Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Solera Holdings Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2019

2.3
Solera Holdings CEO Darko Dejanovic (no image)
Darko Dejanovic
Pros
  • "Free Food - Free Gym - Free Drama(in 24 reviews)

• "Free snacks/beverages (which is sad when that's the only positive thing I can think of)(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Times they are a changin'"

Current Employee - Creative Content Producer in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1.Intelligent people. You cannot help but get smarter working with the people in this company. 2.Everyday is different due to working with many different companies, products, and business lines. If you are looking to work on a variety of projects and gain experience with some of the biggest names in the auto and digital security industries, come on down! 3. New leadership is helping to bring clarity and direction on... a global level which is new for Solera.

Cons

Still a lot of chaos derived around messaging, direction and working as one cohesive global unit.

Advice to Management

I really like the changes that have been stated. Looking forward to seeing the new plans in application. Keep on rockin'

Solera Holdings2019-07-24

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

New leadership has really paved the way for innovation and a great work culture. Amazing benefits and good compensation. The new leadership team has proven to be transparent, supportive and communicative to its employees.

Cons

Solera is finding its way; there are some growing pains at the moment, but leadership has a vision of Solera's future and is making it happen.

Advice to Management

I'm excited to see what the next year will bring for Solera. Definitely heading in the right direction and great things are ahead.

Solera Holdings2019-08-02

"When will we feel secure again?"

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you manage to find the right company and the right team and the right manager, you will be happy day to day. That's where I find myself. My team is smart and driven. We like each other and we have genuine rapport. But that is my small team within a larger company which is within an even larger company.

Cons

I have no vendetta here. Like everyone else around me I am confused, concerned, and looking for a new job (even though I don't want one). How do I know everyone around me is looking for a new job? I've been asked to give references, I've been on the receiving end of frustrated phone calls and daily conversations when meeting makers pop up circle around "do you think layoffs are about to happen?" I don't think... management intends to scare everyone off or make everyone worry. I do think there is a history of not considering the lives and ambitions of employees or the mixed messages, confusion, constant process changes, and the unending busy work presented each time a new guy takes over. For instance, our company which is within the portfolio of Solera had layoffs before we were sold off to Solera. Our CEO pasted on the wall "we are maniacal about metrics!" I never understood this outside the desire for alliteration. The next CEO declared "60/40", "70/30", "90/10". These were the focuses you were supposed to put on different things but the emperor had no clothes. It was never mentioned outside of company-wide emails or if we were in a meeting with those at the very top. It made sense to no one as far as I could tell. Around the same time we were required to complete monthly trainings on computer safety. Let me be clear. My work schedule is insanely busy and I am required to document how much time I put toward my real work every day...but if you don't complete these trainings (which are sometimes lengthy) you start getting constant reminders that you are not in compliance. Also, with this CEO we were constantly promised raises and never received them and it would just be blown off. We are given goals that we have to reach for our jobs and our bosses report to us whether we meet them or not but there is no reward if we do. Also, we were drug tested like we were criminals. Even people who never deal with the public, drive, or leave their homes and work remotely were drug tested. With the "maniacal" CEO we had decent health insurance. He sold us off with little security to longstanding employees and with literally nothing. The top guys walked away very wealthy and those who had been with them from the beginning were left with their jobs, no thank you note, no heads up, and no compensation for helping them become rich men. With Solera, I have stopped going to the doctor completely except for my yearly check up it is that bad. You pay completely out of pocket up to $1,500 and then 10% after that plus a copay. I just finished paying off a bill from 2 years ago and it was killing my family. Also, it doesn't matter if you are single parent with one child or a married parent with 3 children. You'll pay the same. The plan favors married people with more than one child. Also, we just received notice that our premiums are going up and with still no raises I am now making less money than I was 6 years ago. On to our newest CEO who was hired after the non-raise giving CEO was pushed out. He had what seemed to be good ideas. He was positive and took suggestion from employees. I had faith we might actually get a raise (and let me be clear, in 6 years I have had one raise just over 2%). After 6 months he was gone and no one explained why except to say "he was great, he had good ideas, he was on the right trajectory but it didn't work out". Was he fired? Did he walk out? Who knows. We have an interim CEO who is from the board. On top of all of the other busy work we were given we were now required to "take a test" which was akin to a shortened version of the SAT. I took the SAT many years ago and did well. I have advanced degrees and I'm darn good at my job. Why should anyone have to take a test like this? On top of it, it made us take a personality test which they said would not affect our current job but may affect future promotions and raises. So, let me be clear, if I work half heartedly and do a so so job but score perfectly I'll be in line for a raise? If I work 50 hour weeks and am the best on my team but don't remember my Algebra lessons then I might as well start looking because I'll never get ahead? We've also been called into multiple brain-storming sessions and meetings.

Advice to Management

Busy work, testing, and brain storming sessions are not the answers to your problems but I do have the answers if you will only listen. 1.) Give your employees a decent raise and they will be happier. 2.) Get us better health care and you won't have people jumping ship. 3.) stop it with the testing and busy work. The problem is your paranoia and inability to trust those who work for you. 4.) Look for the good in... your employees and companies. I see so many people around me working so hard and doing great things. Recognize that. Focus on that. 5.) Add a company wide charitable organization we can all pitch in on. We are desperate for a connection to one-another and many of us would like to help the world. Make the work place positive and you'll get positive results

Solera Holdings2019-11-15

"great people flawed executive management"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with great people on fun products using modern tech stack

Cons

Former CEO and his group were incompetent. I know he was recently replaced and I hope that resolves many of the issues. I had software engineers on my team that had not received a raise for many years. When they finally were given a raise last year it did not bring them to their market value. I know that they are making improvements in this area.

Solera Holdings2019-11-07
  5. "Glad I took a Chance on Solera"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Department is in a growth transition lots of opportunity to move up in your career if you are a go getter with ideas! New CEO has good vision and new culture values to make Solera better than ever. Many different companies in one department makes for opportunities to be the expert in your role. Catered Breakfast mon-Thursday , free snacks & great people ! Glad I Ignored the Bad reviews this place... turned out great for me !

Cons

Newer department not a lot of Old knowledge in the team to help on those unknown things .. so it can be challenging to solve some issues at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the changes they are making things better and better.

Solera Holdings2019-10-28

"Even the new CEO walked out!"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Westlake, TX

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free catered food on a daily basis.

Cons

Building, location, bathrooms, parking, environment, executive leadership, no raises, everyone quits.

Solera Holdings2019-11-09

"Still bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Investor Relations Manager in Westlake, TX

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meals and torture included all week

Cons

Bad leadership, bad culture, bad everything

Advice to Management

Fire yourself first

Solera Holdings2019-11-05

"Poor Leadership , Toxic culture and 80% Churn"

Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Solera Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is nothing that i can think of when it comes to Pros.

Cons

Poor leadership- General lack of rigor exists in evaluating leaders before they are assigned new missions. Classic example is that of expanding the portfolio of one of the leaders heading India and Australia to cover Canada, a complete management wreck in full motion! Dont even get me started on the work culture and environment its the worst that i have ever been exposed to!

Solera Holdings2019-10-02

"cirque du solera"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO (hopefully), free food & beverages ( though used to pacify employees from seeing the problems). The employees

Cons

Cique du Solera says it all! Whoever gave this place 4 stars only saw that many after they got hit on the head. Dont work for this company until you get everything in writing ( including your job description). Do not trust HR or Admin as bringing a problem to them gets you placed on remediation plan ( this covers the employer so when you are terminated you cannot collect unemployment). With a 40% (or higher in... some areas) this place is more than a "career error" than a career. This place is plagued by disorganization and administrative issues. When your manager comes every quarter from overseas you are have to put on big presentation to "sell your job"! Do you really want a part of that?

Advice to Management

To the CEO: please examine the way jobs & job titles are switched without employee discretion or permission. There is no paperwork provided to acknowledge this change. Penalties are invoked if an employee challenges this. Recruiters for US jobs should not be based out of Germany & employees being interviewed by managers from Spain or Mexico ( how insane is that?) Managers should be qualified beforehand,... not placed in due to desparation. Abuse of the 80/20 still exists as some people are still loyal to the "old guard" ( ex-CEO)

Solera Holdings2019-09-19

"Read the reviews, trust the reviews, run don't walk away"

Former Employee - Scrum Master in Roseville, MN

I worked at Solera Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cons

Micromanaging, reluctance to improve/change, no communication, unprofessional management (public yelling, bullying), closed cliques, no human resources for benefits help (submit a help desk ticket for problems/questions), onsite HR allows illegal activities of management.

Advice to Management

Mgmt at this location needs to be refreshed with new.

Solera Holdings2019-09-09