I worked at Solid Cactus full-time (More than 3 years)
- The people I worked with were great! Everyone formed tight-knit friendships.
- The number of PTO days was sufficient.
- There's plenty of desk space.
- The building has a cafeteria.
- They just implemented an incentive plan, based on monthly performance.
- You won't get a raise. I was there for 4+ years and never received a raise.
- They expect far too much from one person. There were Account Managers who were managing 70+ accounts. In fact, when I left I was one of those Account Managers, in addition to my fulfillment responsibilities.
- Upper management installed a hiring freeze when some departments desperately needed more workers.
- Work loads were increasing at a rate that was impossible to manage.
- I could barely afford to go to the doctor with their healthcare plan.
- Upper management in Florida was always asking for suggestions on how to raise employee moral, but none of the suggestions were ever put into motion.
- Turnover was VERY high.
- The direct supervisor was thrown into her role with little to no knowledge of SEO. She had never worked in an SEO position in the past and often relied on those she supervised for guidance.
- While they did implement an incentive plan, this plan was based on monthly performance. One of the largest contributing factors was completed all monthly work. This is something that many team members had a problem doing because they had far too much work.
- Employees often felt the need to rush through work, letting quality fall to the wayside.
Time off if your pet dies
No raises, ever
No room for advancement
Benefits are terrible
Communication is unheard of
Advice to Management
Management is too interested in giving themselves raises. What is wrong has been brought to them many times and has fallen on deaf ears. We are seeing our fellow employees walking right out the door and not looking back. How many more good people are going to follow?
free soda, cool people, interesting experience, cafe at work (although the food isn't took good and its overpriced)
random layoffs, minimal job security, terrible pay, no loyalty, no privacy / "big brother" (im conversations and emails are monitored, security cameras), overly strict about arbitrary rules (like its not ok to come in at 9:05 even though you worked 11 hours the day before)
Advice to Management
take a business class, be loyal to your employees, stop sweating stupid small rules and focus on whats important
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
I worked at Solid Cactus full-time (More than 5 years)
Ok place to start right out of college. No place to go from there
They over promise is and under deliver.
Company does not give raise, only stock and bonus, they claim it is based on performance but it is not since overall compensation goes down every year.
New management team does not listen to employee concerns.
Company does not offer a good service to customer either. Not enough employees to do a proper job
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?