Solid Cactus Reviews | Glassdoor

Solid Cactus Reviews

1.0
David L. Brown (web.com)

1. "I would not recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Drums, PA
    Former Employee - SEO Manager in Drums, PA

I worked at Solid Cactus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people I worked with were great! Everyone formed tight-knit friendships.
    - The number of PTO days was sufficient.
    - There's plenty of desk space.
    - The building has a cafeteria.
    - They just implemented an incentive plan, based on monthly performance.

Cons

- You won't get a raise. I was there for 4+ years and never received a raise.
    - They expect far too much from one person. There were Account Managers who were managing 70+ accounts. In fact, when I left I was one of those Account Managers, in addition to my fulfillment responsibilities.
    - Upper management installed a hiring freeze when some departments desperately needed more workers.
    - Work loads were increasing at a rate that was impossible to manage.
    - I could barely afford to go to the doctor with their healthcare plan.
    - Upper management in Florida was always asking for suggestions on how to raise employee moral, but none of the suggestions were ever put into motion.
    - Turnover was VERY high.
    - The direct supervisor was thrown into her role with little to no knowledge of SEO. She had never worked in an SEO position in the past and often relied on those she supervised for guidance.
    - While they did implement an incentive plan, this plan was based on monthly performance. One of the largest contributing factors was completed all monthly work. This is something that many team members had a problem doing because they had far too much work.
    - Employees often felt the need to rush through work, letting quality fall to the wayside.

"Needs a union!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

Pros

Standard PTO
    Time off if your pet dies

Cons

No raises, ever
    No room for advancement
    Benefits are terrible
    Communication is unheard of

Advice to Management

Management is too interested in giving themselves raises. What is wrong has been brought to them many times and has fallen on deaf ears. We are seeing our fellow employees walking right out the door and not looking back. How many more good people are going to follow?

"ok for a first job - don't work here more than a year"

Former Employee - Search Engine Marketing Manager in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Search Engine Marketing Manager in Wilkes Barre, PA

Pros

free soda, cool people, interesting experience, cafe at work (although the food isn't took good and its overpriced)

Cons

random layoffs, minimal job security, terrible pay, no loyalty, no privacy / "big brother" (im conversations and emails are monitored, security cameras), overly strict about arbitrary rules (like its not ok to come in at 9:05 even though you worked 11 hours the day before)

Advice to Management

take a business class, be loyal to your employees, stop sweating stupid small rules and focus on whats important

Solid Cactus Response

Oct 30, 2008 – President

Solid Cactus, as well as nearly every other company in the country, has an Acceptable Use Policy for Internet Access. In this policy it clearly states that we monitor web browsing, email and ... More

5. "Went down hill when WEB.COM they bought Networksolutions"

I worked at Solid Cactus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok place to start right out of college. No place to go from there

Cons

They over promise is and under deliver.
    Company does not give raise, only stock and bonus, they claim it is based on performance but it is not since overall compensation goes down every year.

New management team does not listen to employee concerns.

Company does not offer a good service to customer either. Not enough employees to do a proper job